Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Metal female armor...

• 123 Replies

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Metal female armor...
« on: Mar 01, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Well, I received the cast of my partner in crime for DragonCon...so I figured I'd get to work.

Every pattern for this armor has had to be hand drawn off the cast, nothing printable will work for a female mando.  Took about 3 hours to draw the front chest and collar patterns to scale properly.

I've cut out 1 chest piece...has taken me 2 hours to get a partial breast curve into it.  Metal is a little thin...so getting a nice big breast curve is tough when your dishing it out.  Already had some fatigue tares, but the good thing is that those are completely fixable with a little bondo or epoxy putty. 

I also have a shot comparing it to my chest armor piece.  Big difference! =P

[attachment deleted by admin]

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Metal female armor...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Awesome!

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Here is the collar piece and one chest piece on the actual cast.  The depth of the chest piece is hard to actually make out in a straight pic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2008, 11:32 PM »
Fabulous work!

Crixler Atiniir

• Modwheelmandalorian
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2008, 11:42 PM »
Awesome work!
It's really looking great, Novall.

« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2008, 12:04 AM »
Sorry Novall I have been busy tryiong to find a new job so I wasn't able to start a tutorial on how to female armour. I will start soon I promise as I have just started a new job yesturday.

MMCC : 0024

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2008, 12:32 AM »
It's cool man.  This set is Vhonte Thervo inspired, so I have plenty of pics to work off of. =)

Jax Archillies

« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2008, 02:26 AM »
Sorry Novall I have been busy tryiong to find a new job so I wasn't able to start a tutorial on how to female armour. I will start soon I promise as I have just started a new job yesturday.

Lancer and i both already put up a turtorial on female armor.... go see..  :P

« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2008, 06:18 AM »
Kandosii

Hellfire Squad

MMCC * 0041

THE MAN, THE LEGEND...

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2008, 11:17 AM »
Update:

Chest is now complete.  Hoping to get the stomach and cod done today, so that will be 1/3 of the armor done.  These chest pieces take about 2 hours each to get the proper dish without losing any size on the plates as well as keeping constant form.  It's basically a game of making hundreds of small hits on the metal using a slight dish.  There were a couple of small fatigue fractures which are sealing with some JB weld.  Once thats done and sanded down then you'll never know they were there.  One thing about dishing metal is that the more you hit it...the stronger it becomes.  These things are WAY stronger then my own armor.

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2008, 12:07 PM »
Looks perfect. Only thing I'm not really convinced with is the bottom of them. Looks like they'd impale her when she tries to tie her shoe.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2008, 01:10 PM »
The edges are rounded, but I do agree that I may have to square them off a little.  RIght now on the cast they fit perfectly 

Biohazard

« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2008, 01:13 PM »
I mean, don't get me wrong, they look awesome as is. Just a little fearful of losing a mando to her armor. :D

Maybe a nice, rounded bottom would work. Like, take a paper plate and line it up and have a nice even cirlce to the bottom...? I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud..

Hiram Fett

• Our enemies are judged by God,we arrange the meeting
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2008, 02:19 PM »

...so getting a nice big breast curve is tough when your dishing it out. 
Thats FUNNY! she will like it. its cool .

Those who hammer their blasters into plows will plow for those who did not.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2008, 05:18 PM »
With the Stomach plate

And with shoulders

I may get time tonight to work on the leather guards between the shoulder and collar. 

Naas Atiniir

• A Mando of many colors. Or maybe just two.
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2008, 05:41 PM »
That looks really sweet Novall! Nice job!

-Naas

Retired?

Cer'jo Aclos

• You'll find I'm full of surprises.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2008, 06:09 PM »
That looks great, I really like the design!

Jahaal par ner vode; Kyr'am bah ner aru'e
"Health for my brothers; Death to my enemies"
Ne'tra gal mesh'la, jat'isyc, bal, wayii, jahaal'got!
"Black ale looks good, tastes good, and -by golly- it does you good"

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2008, 06:14 PM »
That's really coming together nicely!

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2008, 06:17 PM »
The design is inspired off of Vhonte Thervo with some minor differences. 

« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2008, 06:20 PM »
Thats gonna be one lucky fem mando.

Hellfire Squad

MMCC * 0041

THE MAN, THE LEGEND...

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2008, 08:18 PM »
Last update for the night.  Cut out some leather pauldrons like on Vhonte's armor.  They are forming up overnight and i'm debating on boiling them in wax so they keep shape.  13oz leather...very thick and durable.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #22 on: Mar 02, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Yeah, I'll tool'em up a bit.  They were just cut out LOL...I can only put half a suit of armor together in a day man! =D

« Reply #23 on: Mar 03, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Thats gonna look so sweet..

Hellfire Squad

MMCC * 0041

THE MAN, THE LEGEND...

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #24 on: Mar 03, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Awesome job, Tom!  How do I get on your Christmas list?  ;D

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!