Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chro's Gaunts, 2014 upgrades on pg 6

• 76 Replies

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Chro's Gaunts, now iPod compatible.
« Reply #25 on: Apr 06, 2011, 09:00 AM »
MUCH better!!!!!!!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #26 on: Apr 06, 2011, 02:48 PM »
I'll just be echoing everyone else by saying that it is indeed a huge improvement. :)

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Dha Kad

• MAJIC #22
« Reply #27 on: Apr 06, 2011, 08:30 PM »
theres a program called game maker heres the link
http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker
they have really cool tutturials (cant spell sorry) and not only could you make cool screens but also little games for bountys and make them interactive and you can upload your own pics of bounties and stuff i came across this when i went to school for game design its sweet

Specialize in CQC
expert in hand to hand combat and any bladed weapon.

" A failure to plan is a plan for failure " Winston Chuchhill

BOHICA

Dha Kad

• MAJIC #22
« Reply #28 on: Apr 06, 2011, 08:40 PM »
and its drag nd drop  easy

Specialize in CQC

BOHICA

Dha'ward Firaxan

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Apr 06, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Much much better. Great work

Mandalorian Mercs - Firaxan Clan

Dha Kad

• MAJIC #22
« Reply #30 on: Apr 06, 2011, 09:36 PM »
and did i mention its free

Specialize in CQC

BOHICA

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #31 on: Apr 24, 2011, 05:39 PM »
Got to wear the new gauntlet all weekend at Anime Boston, worked and held up great. The case never popped open and I got a lot of cool responses from it. I did have to charge it relatively often though due to it's age:

Felt kinda fun being plugged in to an outlet.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #32 on: Jun 06, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Did some work with the right gaunt (the non-ipod side), and decided to make a little mini-narthecium thing (for those familiar with 40k)

Essentially it's a bacta/painkiller/stabilizer delivery system. It's made out of a pair of EpiPen trainers (they're basically EpiPen housings with no internal workings, there's one in the picture above) and a set of sample vials. I forget where I got the vials, but I got the trainers with my standard Pens.

I need to do some more detail work (medical symbols and whatnot), and I might fill the vials with a colored liquid or gel or somesuch.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #33 on: Jun 07, 2011, 02:29 AM »
Very nice :). I'd go with gel, were I you, that way in the off-chance of one breaking, it'll be easier cleanup than liquid. Or you may want to check out that hardening water-looking resin stuff that someone (Kora I think) found and posted in the medical brigade about.

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #34 on: Jun 07, 2011, 09:20 AM »
You mean this stuff? Looks like something I'll be looking for.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #35 on: Jun 07, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Yep, that's the stuff :). Especially if you get an air bubble in it, it looks like liquid at a glance and in pics, and if it falls, you don't have to worry about fluid all over the place.

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #36 on: Jun 13, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Didn't find the same stuff suggested in the other thread above, but I did find a similar substitute: Silica Gel Beads.

They come in a pouch of a couple hundred, normally used for decorative plant arrangements and they come in a variety of colors. I grabbed turquoise, red, and clear. The ones above were both red and white, but the red ones seem to like to lose a bit of pigment and the clear ones will suck it up. These are at full absorption and slightly less than full. At full size they get about 3/8" in diameter or so. In normal applications, you stick them in water and wait for them to swell. I tried a couple methods, but landed on sticking a few (4-6 depending on the tube) inside the test tubes with some water and left them for a few days just to be sure they expanded as much as possible.

Here's the result:

For the most part, I think it's a great success. Some could do to be more full, but it's easy enough to fix.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #37 on: Jun 14, 2011, 06:33 AM »
Looks great Vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #38 on: Oct 23, 2011, 04:14 PM »
why not just put the gel beads into the tubes then add water? seems like they would expand to fit... although that might be what you said and i'm just not reading it right. cool gaunt either way and i like the injection idea in general.

ya most likely i'm stealing your ipod gaunt idea lol it's awesome

Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #39 on: Oct 23, 2011, 11:00 PM »
That's precisely what I did. I tried both methods just to see what worked best. Either way works about the same.

Steal away, just make sure you greeb it up real good.

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #40 on: Oct 24, 2011, 10:34 AM »
kewl

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Kyr'a Laar

• "A blaster is for work, a blade is for vengeance."
« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2011, 11:13 AM »
I really like both of these ideas a lot. I may steal the iPod idea myself if you don't mind.
On the bacta setup, are you going to add leds and make it glowy or anything? I was thinking of doing something similar, but maybe not on my gaunt....but I reaaaaaaally like what you have done. If I do anything similar, I'll be sure to mark you as inspiration. :D

Barn

« Reply #42 on: Nov 05, 2011, 07:48 AM »
Any chance of a pic on how you get it in and out?

Was thinking of doing something much the same, with a small 1 inch mp3. Just running a loop of a radar type thing, maybe a few screens of rolling text etc.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #43 on: Nov 05, 2011, 08:54 AM »
Oh, cool! *Steals idea and scampers off*  :D

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #44 on: Nov 06, 2011, 09:36 AM »
I'll see if I can get some pictures, but so far it's pretty simple. The top half of the cover just snaps in place to hold everything in. The issue is that the snappy bits are getting worn, so I'll be working on a hinge-clasp-thingy soon.

Corran Falco

• Im just gonna stand here and keep being awesome!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #45 on: Nov 06, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Very impressive way to dress up that Iphone and I love the 40k reference.  ;D

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #46 on: Nov 06, 2011, 02:31 PM »
Interesting idea on the epipens.   I get glass tubes at work that vanilla beans are shipped in that we go through rather quickly and had a similar use in mind.  I'm collecting a few together and was thinking of trying to use that glass-etching goop you can buy at michael's to frost the inside, plug the open end with a dab of clear epoxy and set an LED inside the dab to make some sort of diffused blaster energy cell or maybe some med-corps vials or a little something to plug into a helmet as a portable air supply or something.  I wouldn't have thought of those gel beads.  Downside: they are very sturdy, possibly even tempered glass, but they are still glass... I'll have to take one out back and see what kind of abuse they can take before they shatter.  Last thing we need is to shatter one the first time I bump into a display and have broken glass all over the place.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #47 on: Nov 06, 2011, 09:48 PM »
Yeah, I recently lost a couple of the vials at a troop. Glass can work, but you have to be very secure and careful with it.

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #48 on: Nov 08, 2011, 04:13 PM »
why not coat the glass in epoxy? should make it sturdier and give it a very weird appearance.

24er!               Candy-Kane

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #49 on: Nov 08, 2011, 06:15 PM »
The weird appearance is my only problem, I personally want them to look like medical equipment but anybody can do what they want with theirs.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!