Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chro's Gaunts, 2014 upgrades on pg 6

• 76 Replies

Hondo Falco

• Armor Weapons and Soft Parts at 100%
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Chro's Gaunts, now iPod compatible.
« Reply #50 on: Nov 08, 2011, 07:00 PM »
I don;t have a problem with it. Looks much better and in universe. Now you need a screen or a skin that looks like some type of targeting/tracking screen!

I had done the same thing on my first kit and let me tell you people love it.. Some good apps to use is "ghost radar" "Star track phazer app" and "Detector Gadget". The last one is pretty cool, its a fake geiger counter you can customize and control by how you turn your wrist. So I set it up to pick up explosives or metachlorian count in kids to see if there strong in the force.  They get a big kick out of it.

I’m a grunt...... and proud of it

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Chro's Gaunts, now iPod compatible.
« Reply #51 on: Nov 08, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Oh sweet. I am going to look those up.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Chro's Gaunts, now iPod compatible and more shooty.
« Reply #52 on: Mar 12, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Updated the gaunts again. Ditched the medical gauntlet, wasn't ever really satisfied with the look or how it went with the rest of the gear, and the vials kept popping off at events.

Instead went with a very short range knuckle blaster kind of setup. Basic idea being that I don't carry a melee weapon, but having a quick off hand short range weapon would still be nice. I mean, why punch someone in the gut when you can punch-shoot them just as easily?

Same base for the gauntlets from the last update, got some new gloves (the kind with the touchscreen friendly thumb and forefinger (keeping the datapad gauntlet, just have to get used to having it on the right arm). 9V battery box is made from some cut up dead RAM I had lying around, with a receipt tape tube for good measure. I have a power jack on there so I can take the glove off without removing the whole gauntlet, and the lights are triggered by a momentary mini switch near the thumb.

Still needs some finishing on the battery box and maybe some more greeby bits on the gauntlet itself.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #53 on: Mar 13, 2012, 05:34 AM »
I   love   blinkies!!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #54 on: Mar 13, 2012, 07:50 AM »
i like that glove light thing............ :rolleyes:

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #55 on: Aug 07, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Done some work on the iphone gauntlet in the intervening time, here be some pictars of the latest setup:

The top is held on by one of the case's catches, a magnetic cabinet latch, and three disc shaped magnets. They do not interfere with the phone at all. The top just lifts off, the phone drops in, and I'm ready to go.

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #56 on: Aug 07, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Very Original, vod. Well done, Your gauntlets continue to provide inspiration on new and creative ideas.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #57 on: Aug 08, 2012, 02:59 AM »
what you need to do is have sum1 on the site make a mold or sumthing so copies can be made. i'm sure we'd all appreciate an easy (and affordable) way of disguising our earth tech in a way we can access it. ;)

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #58 on: Aug 08, 2012, 08:44 AM »
It's actually really easy, and dirt cheap. The phone case I used came from a dollar store, buttons came from a dollar store calculator, and the magnets came from a hardware store. The other greebs on there are aquarium hoses and valves, old switches, a lens from a disposable camera, bits from an old razor, and a tac rail from an airsoft gun. The only greeb you might have trouble finding is the long 'probe', it's actually an Epi-Pen trainer.

Besides, you don't want yours to look exactly like mine. That would be boring  :D

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #59 on: Aug 08, 2012, 09:24 AM »
I got my gauntlets just how I wanted them...

Kane Friax

« Reply #60 on: Aug 08, 2012, 02:54 PM »
I got my gauntlets just how I wanted them...

judging from ur pic: tricked out and scary lookin.  :P

-kane

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #61 on: Aug 08, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Thats how I repel waves of fangirls  8)

jk lol[forever alone]

Kane Friax

« Reply #62 on: Aug 08, 2012, 03:45 PM »
ya i hear twi'lek girls swarm the mandos at cons 8) (to do list: finish armor. go to con. meet a twi'lek.)

-Kane

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #63 on: Aug 08, 2012, 04:57 PM »
lol, hey Chro, what kind of Female attention do you get at Cons?

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #64 on: Aug 08, 2012, 06:24 PM »
Loads. Mostly from my wife, Arch.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #65 on: Aug 08, 2012, 06:42 PM »
*snort*   :laugh:

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #66 on: Aug 09, 2012, 11:15 AM »
I look at him when he happens to be in my line of sight, does that count?   :laugh:

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #67 on: Aug 09, 2012, 12:40 PM »
lol-about as much as I get

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #68 on: Sep 27, 2012, 03:21 PM »
Tweaked the gauntlets again, main changes are adding hinges and relief cuts, dropping the glove lights, and adding more greebs.

Ditched half of the old double overlapping design in favor of a piano hinge with the other side remaining overlapped and secured with velcro.

Glove lights never made it through a whole troop without something breaking so they've been replaced with something much simpler.

LED stuck under a disposable camera lens and wired to a switch. Not elegant, but I like it  :D.

Dresdon Acacin

Re: Chro's Gaunts, now iPod compatible and less shooty.
« Reply #69 on: Sep 27, 2012, 05:56 PM »
That would make a pretty holo projector with the camera lense....  :rolleyes:

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
Chro's Gaunts
« Reply #70 on: Jan 28, 2014, 11:19 PM »
Right gauntlet overhaul again!

Fortunately Walmart happens to sell packs of darts:

Tore off everything on the gauntlet, and started replacing the greebs:

And then I covered it in darts:

Jerek Darr

« Reply #71 on: Jan 29, 2014, 09:30 AM »
You are gonna get thing up on every piece of drapery from here to Boston!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
« Reply #72 on: Jan 29, 2014, 10:56 AM »
Thought of that already, the tips are all secured.  :D

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #73 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Oooo pretty!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #74 on: Feb 01, 2014, 03:27 PM »
thats cool  8) you can never have too many darts

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!