Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

D'Larian Verda and Walon Ferrel WIP PIC HEAVY!

• 90 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: D'Larian Verda and Walon Ferrel WIP PIC HEAVY!
« Reply #75 on: Apr 16, 2012, 01:23 PM »
It's personal preference.  My shoulders are actually attached directly to my flight suit instead of to the vest like Boba and Jango.

« Reply #76 on: Apr 16, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Thanks Taglar. That has been one thing I wasn't sure about yet, hence why its yet to be finished in that area.

Boz Ving

• The Hero of Jakku
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #77 on: Apr 16, 2012, 01:43 PM »
I would just like to say the Tinkerbell on your flight suit pants is just spectacular!!!!

"The armor I wear is 500 years old. I reforged it to my liking, but the battles, the history, the blood, all lives within it, and the same goes for every Mandalorian."-Sabine Wren

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #78 on: Apr 16, 2012, 01:57 PM »
I like the idea of sleeve caps, because it makes your shoulder profile look wider.
Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."
« Reply #79 on: Apr 16, 2012, 10:18 PM »
I would just like to say the Tinkerbell on your flight suit pants is just spectacular!!!!

:P I know, I just hope tinkerbell can be approved as in universe.  ;)

I like the idea of sleeve caps, because it makes your shoulder profile look wider.
Rob

I will keep this in mind as I am deciding what to do. I will probably shape my shoulders soon so I can see what it looks like with and without. I don't want to make my shoulders too wide for my bucket.

« Reply #80 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Arise thread of long needed update. I have things to post....  :laugh:

So there has been much done since this thread has been updated last. Unfortunately lack of interwebs for awhile stopped me from sharing my progress. My kit was about 95% at CVI, while Walon decided to put his on the back burner to try to finish mine, so it was only about 75%.

I have since also trooped the Titusville Christmas parade again, but this time in costume, which was awesome. I submitted app pics to try and be official to do Star Wars reads, but alas, I had some things to work on before I could be official. So now, I shall post some pictures of the current progress as well as my pics from my application to show what things were adjusted. First up will be the pictures of Walon's new plates. We realized at CVI that the ones we had for him would not work as they did not fit properly. So using Rennick's style as our starting point, we created a new set of chest pieces for Walon.

Here are the pieces all cut out and ready for forming

A check to make sure the chest/collar piece is sitting where he wanted it.

Backplate all formed (this thing reaffirmed my want for a cloak, it was a beast to shape)

I will spare you the boring primer and silver paint pictures that I took for our scrapbook of our work. We decided to do a double red line down the back of his green back plate. Eventually it will have gold writing inside it in Mando'a. The chest piece is still awaiting its green layer, so I don't have a shot of it yet.

First with the flash since I had to take it inside, but it made the one shoulder bell not show properly, so the second picture is without the flash.

Next up are a couple of my app pictures. I have since made some adjustments. I hope to get into kit tomorrow to take a couple of the updated pictures.

The suggestions by the app team were to remake my collar plate to close some of the gap, and to trim my chest and ab pieces as well as outline my loin cloth in the same lighter color as  on my kama. I had planned on doing that, but had not done it at the time the photo was taken.

This is the picture that was put together for me for suggestions.

This next picture is from the parade in December. You can see some of my adjustments. I didn't have time to attach my new collar, so I had to use my original.

This is the new collar piece that I made to fill in the space my original left.

We also started work on my vibrosword.

I hope to have both of our kits finished for MegaCon in March. I am optimistic.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #81 on: Jan 28, 2013, 10:31 AM »
Niiiice...it's coming along great!  :D
Rob

Renick

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #82 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:20 PM »
Yay me ... I have my own style

Look forward to seeing how this comes along.

"Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la"
"No one cares who your father is.... Only the father you'll be" 
Aliit ori'shya tal'din 
"Family is more than blood"

OM# 373
BM# 30
M.A.J.I.C #55

Walon Ferrel

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #83 on: Mar 27, 2013, 12:40 PM »
We have been doing lots of stuff, we went to Megacon last weekend, so we will post some pictures of that. I hope to be sending my app in either today or tomorrow. We are redoing D'Larian's collar yet again because that odd shaped one just isn't working.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #84 on: Mar 27, 2013, 02:07 PM »
I hope to be sending my app in either today or tomorrow.

It's about time, bro!  :)

Rob

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013, 03:18 PM by Ohl'd Vart » Logged

Walon Ferrel

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #85 on: Apr 11, 2013, 08:03 PM »
wait what is this, would those be kill stripes under my name? lol

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #86 on: Apr 11, 2013, 09:03 PM »
wait what is this, would those be kill stripes under my name? lol

YES!!
Rob

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #87 on: Apr 12, 2013, 06:19 AM »
'Bout friggin time, ner'vod.

:) Congrats!

daVID.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Renick

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #88 on: Apr 15, 2013, 03:26 PM »
HORAY!!! CONGRATS

Aliit ori'shya tal'din 

OM# 373
BM# 30
M.A.J.I.C #55

Walon Ferrel

« Reply #89 on: Apr 16, 2013, 03:04 AM »
thank you everyone, and a very large thank you to you Renik if it wasnt for your help with the plate design and answering all of our questions i would have never gotten a comfortable design i would have liked

Renick

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #90 on: Apr 17, 2013, 08:58 AM »
Stop... Your gonna make me blush... And the armor is all you, and you should be proud... I  was just here for moral support.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din 

OM# 373
BM# 30
M.A.J.I.C #55

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!