Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Belleg's armor

• 10 Replies
Belleg's armor
« on: Feb 27, 2011, 02:13 AM »
Well this is the plan so far

My plates I ordered from K'raam Xrati arrived today!
This is the pic he had posted of them in trades (i didnt get a picture of the plates today so im recyleing this pic) Since the pic he has cut out the slot for the diamond. He really does nice work. The armor is well shaped and strong yet still pretty light.

Re: Belleg's armor
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2011, 01:55 PM »
Well seems alot of time has passed since anyupdates on this so here goes. Everything is different than i had planned. I changed colors and design.
Without annoying glare.

With glare

sorry for the blurry shot ill try to get a better one tongiht.

I keep feeling like the diamond needs a little something more but im not sure what i should do to it.
ALSO please note this is before any weathering has been done. I intend to bang it up, scratch it,dirty it, burn it, and dull coat it (hopefully sometime in the next week or two).

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2011, 02:45 PM »
You could punch a rectangular hole in the center of the diamond and then behind that put another piece of plastic( To give it a recession look.)   Paint the interior color maybe a light blue or the silver of your armor.   Or you could just punch the hole to show the armor underneath.  Just an idea.

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Ewok's got a point; that's the main thing you can do to spice up the diamond. Alternately, you could do a raised rectangle down the center, akin to TCW Death Watch armor.

Looks like you definitely went well outside the original concept, but it looks pretty good.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2011, 01:51 AM »
Great plates!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2011, 07:50 AM »
the designs on the plate look awesome, well done  ;)

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2011, 12:28 PM »
your bsekar is looking great. the diffrent tones of blue go well and the designs you've put on your armor are awsome....are they free hand or some sort of sticker application? i think the recessed look on the diamond would be good and mabey paint the center of the diamond a diffrent color than the frame of the diamond......overall outstanding job thus far keep it up vod!

=mAnDo-SaVaGe=

Death before defeat.....
« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2011, 12:54 PM »
i used a vinyl cutter to make a stencil then painted using the stencil then freehand outlined it. I wish i was talented enough to paint it freehand. The colors are actually just blue,black, and gray my phone takes crappy pics. My flight suit is a very dark navy.

I agree that a recessed center will look good (just need to figure out the best way, my armor is made of metal and thats a small space to cut in).  

Thanks for the advice and complements im pretty please with how its going so far.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2011, 10:25 PM »
Get in there with a dremel and a reinforced cutting wheel. You can do it the hard way, and cut vertical lines side by side until it's wide enough, then use a grinding attachment to clean up the edges. Alternately, cut the two long vertical sides out, then take the cutting wheel to something else metal and wear it down small enough to make the horizontal cuts at the top and bottom to open the rectangle up without over-cutting.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2011, 10:37 PM »
yeah i think that will have the best result overall. Hopefully ill have time for that this week. I have a full work schedule this week as well as school and two big tests so will prob be next weekend.

I did get a little weathering done on it today. I setup my armor along the fence and gave my 3 year old a hand full of rocks and let him know it was ok just this once to throw rocks. Wow he had fun!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!