Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

my talos gladius buy'ce

• 175 Replies

Talos Kot

• Cry Havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war !
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
my talos gladius buy'ce
« on: Mar 01, 2011, 03:12 PM »
ok i am moving on with my talos armour build and have made a start on my helmet.
 got this from the dented helmet, forget the guys name as i deleted my message history and have had this for about 3 years now

if i remember correctly i think this was an R2 JD helmet .. jango of course... fiberglass .. nice but the sharp details were lost / angles n edges rounded, not crisp,
 was probably  very late cast.
in need of work but a damn good base !

here are some concept drawings of what i intend to do to it ;D

and here is what i have done so far

first thing was to remove earcaps, and bring out the crisp details/edges.. while working on it i decided to install the visor one came with it but was broken  :( but ok cos this helmet will be a plug for me to make a mold from so i fiber glassed the visor in for rigidity

re sculpt and build up of RF seat.

added new detail

more clean up / rebuild

after much sanding, shaping, filling, priming  ZZZzzzz yawn  ;D

much more to do to this but i am tempted to take a mold as is to use later ..... but really want to press on with final mods  :-\

more to come !!!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: my talos gladius buy'ce
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2011, 03:15 PM »
looks great so far  ;)

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Love the concept drawings, can't wait to see this, great work so far.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2011, 03:39 PM »
I like the look of this already  ;)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2011, 03:54 PM »
This will be one to watch. You will probably have alot of folks emulating the flip up face if it works well. Many folks have wanted to do that over the years. With it flippe dup and your add ons the concept art reminds me of the original BSG fighter pilots helmets lol.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Looking good ner vod.

I really like what you have done with the arrows above the T visor, brilliant idea.

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2011, 07:30 PM »
watching this for sure!

Dragon Sunkiller

• Always remember.... that way you never forget!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2011, 01:14 AM »
Looking great! You're truly making this armor your own!

M.A.J.I.C. #057
OM# 371

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2011, 02:48 AM »
im liking this build, cant wait to see more  ;D

« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2011, 07:22 AM »
I like what youv'e done so far and I really dig the designs for the underlying "jaw" piece.

Bariikas Talgal

• Welcome the critics, and abandon the cynics
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2011, 05:44 PM »
That lift-up face-shield but it's Kandosii!
That's a really unique design, Looks original!

Talos Kot

• Cry Havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war !
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2011, 11:47 PM »
 :o WARNING !!!!!  :o  if you are of a weak disposition please go no further,  this update includes graphic images of  a Buy'ce  being hacked apart !!  ............. Lol ;D

yep i took a deep breath and reached the point of no return, had to be done to reach the goal i have set myself .... this may look brutal but there is method in my madness ....................

so here we go

to create the jaw piece seen here i made a cast of the inside of my helmet ... but had to clean up n smooth the area first

filled voids and sanded smooth for better release
then applied release agent and gel coat n glassed the area used 50/50 gel and resin as i not want it running every where

and after some fiddling to carefully remove it

here's what i got  ....after trimmed n sanded

ok now the tricky part .. in order for my articulated visor to work the face plate needs to be removed ... gulp :-\ was gonna make a mold of the helm as is so i could cast a copy to use for this but it's quicker this way and i want to get moving on this

lots of thought n planning
...................and
.................................aaaaaAAAAAGGGHHH HHH  !!!!!!!!!!

dont worry i'n a Buy'ce doctor  ;D

held face plate n helm together n u can see i have penciled in where the hinge/ pivot will be, i will build this area up on the other side of the helm as well

so my Buy'ce is in its poorly stage for now ... but not for much longer   MwuHaHaha har .... ahem excuse me . Lol

cheers vode

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2011, 11:49 PM »
Excellant!

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2011, 12:15 AM »
hmmm
interesting

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2011, 12:23 AM »
I like how neat and straight you managed to get the cuts to take off the faceplate.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!