Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Squirrel's Legacy Doctor Kit *Repaint Complete Pg9*

• 149 Replies

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
Re: Squirrel's Legacy Doctor Kit
« Reply #25 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Ah, ok thanks Fallin. ^_^

Again awesome job so far Doc.
I look forward to seeing more of you're work.  ;D

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:53 PM »
My back plate isn't segmented, btw. That's the Forge Legacy kidney plates. Nice combo! I'm glad my stuff works so well with theirs!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #27 on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Are you going with a chest diamond, or even just etching the diamond into the chest plate?

Whether you do or not, I think it's looking good. The back plate combo is certainly a clever idea to tie the kit together. I assume final touch ups includes weathering, so some advice I'd like to pass on is to pay attention to the edges of the plates where they overlap when doing so. I noticed with mine that a little scraped paint and 'grime' along those edges made the segments stick out more and look more realistic.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #28 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:18 PM »
Are you going with a chest diamond, or even just etching the diamond into the chest plate?

Whether you do or not, I think it's looking good. The back plate combo is certainly a clever idea to tie the kit together. I assume final touch ups includes weathering, so some advice I'd like to pass on is to pay attention to the edges of the plates where they overlap when doing so. I noticed with mine that a little scraped paint and 'grime' along those edges made the segments stick out more and look more realistic.

I'm not sure what I plan on doing with the chest, as I have a diamond to put there, but am unsure of if I really need it or not.

I do need to do weathering, but I also need to add the black and gold stripes I have on the helmet. I'm trying to work it out at the moment.
My back plate isn't segmented, btw. That's the Forge Legacy kidney plates. Nice combo! I'm glad my stuff works so well with theirs!

David.

I made the Kidney plates myself, as well as the ab armor. Nothing against the Forge boys, but I can't afford it at the moment. I did what I could with what I could get.

Again awesome job so far Doc.
I look forward to seeing more of you're work.  ;D

Thanks! More shall be up later.

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:29 PM »
Mark this day on your callender, folks. Squirrel actually made something on his own! LOL!

You know I kid, right? :D They look so good, I actually thought you got them from Forge. Nice job!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
Above and Beyond

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #30 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Mark this day on your callender, folks. Squirrel actually made something on his own! LOL!

You know I kid, right? :D They look so good, I actually thought you got them from Forge. Nice job!

David.

I'll overlook it just this once. ;)

I worked on the abs while I was helping them get some orders taken care of, other than that, they let me take care of it myself. ;D

M.A.J.I.C. #103

Kebii'tra Verda

« Reply #31 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:52 PM »
That's cool. Now, get the rest of it done!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
Above and Beyond

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #32 on: Apr 17, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Besides that he's using a test pull chest from waaay before we started offering them. It's just now that he's started working on it :P. Looks good man.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Apr 18, 2011, 12:13 PM »
Totally digging your new kit so far! Excellent! I gotta say that helmet is just ridiculous, I think I need to get me one of those!  8)

Dha'werd Verd

• It's Nerf or Nothing
« Reply #34 on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:53 AM »
Hey vod we got any updates on this?

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #35 on: Apr 28, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Hey vod we got any updates on this?

Finally got some shoulders, gonna be attaching them later, gotta build the shin/knee armor, but the vest/Kama is going to take a bit, I think.

M.A.J.I.C. #103

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #36 on: Apr 28, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Squirrel ner vod, i love that helmet  ;) .

« Reply #37 on: Apr 28, 2011, 01:35 PM »
You blew me away with that concept alone! The helm looks amazing! Seriously nice work there.

Challange breeds excellence.

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 07:26 PM »
Hello again, I'm still working on this kit, I just have to wait till my GI Bill money comes in so I can look at getting Forge Props Legacy gaunts, soft parts, and some new pouches. I'll also be getting more paint then as well. I just have to be very careful with my expenditures, as I have a truck that desperately needs repairs. :-\

Bear with me! :)

M.A.J.I.C. #103

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Truck repairs, psh, who needs to drive? You can walk everywhere in your snazzy mandalorian armor ;D. Good that you got the GI Bill though, the AF managed to hose me when I was discharged. I didn't get a dime of it due to some inane technicality.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Im glad it's a truck yer working on and no me ! Compliment on yer evil lookin kit , by the way !  ;) Dr Squirrel !

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 11:09 PM »
Truck repairs, psh, who needs to drive? You can walk everywhere in your snazzy mandalorian armor ;D. Good that you got the GI Bill though, the AF managed to hose me when I was discharged. I didn't get a dime of it due to some inane technicality.
Very true, but I'd sweat to death in the Florida heat. :P ;D
That sux about your GI tho. :(

Im glad it's a truck yer working on and no me ! Compliment on yer evil lookin kit , by the way !  ;) Dr Squirrel !
Cheers! ;) ;D

M.A.J.I.C. #103

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 11:50 PM »
UPDATES!

PICS!!!

Test fit of my kit with my old vest and Kama. New vest/kama will be fabricated soon! ;D
Shins are going to be rigged properly tomorrow. Other  teaks will be done on Monday or Tuesday.

And the action shot:

M.A.J.I.C. #103

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Squirrel's Legacy Doctor Kit UPDATES pg 3!!!
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53 PM »
wow!

I can't say any thing that won't sound like a clich'e.

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2011, 11:54 PM »
Love this kit, your work is always impressive sir.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Enough, we get it, you're awsome! SHHEEESH! Really though, that is awsome.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2011, 12:02 AM »
Thanks to all! ;D

I may just toss the vest for the mini-troop on Sunday. It's just trapping heat and bunching up. It really isn't doing anything at the moment.

M.A.J.I.C. #103

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2011, 12:34 AM »
Not toop shabby!

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2011, 12:37 AM »
Please stop inflating his ego -.-" lmao jk.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2011, 12:39 AM »
Please stop inflating his ego -.-" lmao jk.

OK...

The ambient indoor lighting really highlights the details lol  :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!