Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nautolian Helmet

• 22 Replies

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Nautolian Helmet
« on: Jun 08, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Hello Peepz!
Okay, so, i am thinking about doing a Neo-crusader era set, or a Late Era Set. While looking through referance pictures of Neo cursaders, i found this!
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k201/PJR_76/Armor/04-11-2009021146PM.jpg
I didn't think much of it until i noticed this guy

To me, he looks like he is a Nautolian, which is the same as Kit Fisto was. I have always wanted to do a Nautolian mando, but have never quite been sure how i would pull off the helmet.
Sadly, i cannot find anymore pictures of that character, so i will have to go off that shot.
So,  i am trying to figure out what i would constuct the helmet out of, and how i would go about drawing up designs.... Becuase i am horriable a free hand template drawing...

Any thoughts or advice of what i could maybe base this helmet off of?

Ch'ren

Teren Clan

Mafio

Re: Nautolian Helmet
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Somehow the  Guy  always remembers me on the Predators   

So  maybe i would start into this direction  and  go  for a similar Mask-style instead of a Helmet

The nautolians  also got a high  forehead   ;D

Star-lord

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2011, 03:47 AM »
AWESOME!!   im in the process of coating dred/tentacles  but my initial idea was  predator style haha    right at the back of the ears on a normal t visored helmet cutting outward 45 degrees so the back of the helmet was cut out at an angle

if that didnt make sense i can toss up a concept picture haha

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2011, 10:43 AM »
I would love to see a concept picture! anything helps at this ppoint

Teren Clan

Star-lord

« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2011, 10:26 PM »

something like this is what im thinking of and than using plastic tubing around the open rim to add some detail rather than the edge of the helmet

the only thing i haven't quite figured out is how to keep it on my face but once i finish the dreds and know what i have to work around ill knock something out

« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2011, 11:42 PM »
Maybe a strap across the back of your head hidden under the dreads? That might help hold it in place depending on the weight of the headpiece and tentacles.

Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises. But I'm just trying to give you a friendly warning.  - Canderous Ordo

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2011, 12:51 AM »
Are you planning on a full face appliance? if not you could just build the dreads, tents, whatevers, into the back of the bucket. Basically using them to form the rear.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2011, 01:24 AM »
Thanks for the "concept" picture!
And i am still debating weather or not i want to do a full face thing or not... it mostly depends on if i can wear it and not totally cook in it...

I am thinking about doing a late crusader, so that gives me a little lee way on the helmet design... But im defentily gonna do the bigger eye section with the t-visor like in the first picture....

Teren Clan

Star-lord

« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2011, 01:54 AM »
haha yeah not really a concept more like me pulling up a picture on my phone and scribbiling out what im cutting haha

im working on getting official and just when i get bored i work on the tentacles but nothing to definite yet  but when i actually do a conversion of a helmet to work ill be sure to put what i got here 

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 2011, 12:05 AM »
Wow I have always loved the idea of a nautolan mando. Kit's the best jedi there is.

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 2011, 01:43 PM »
Double post =P
This isnt a neo-crusder era but it might help:

By raikoh14 on Deviantart http://raikoh14.deviantart.com/

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Double post =P
This isnt a neo-crusder era but it might help:

By raikoh14 on Deviantart http://raikoh14.deviantart.com/

oh.... i like it!
thanks for finding this! i could not find anything this good xD
This has also put my brain back into thinking mode...

Teren Clan

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2011, 12:37 PM »
Cool idea I'd love to see it come to fruition.  ;D

Also I'd know that concept picture anywhere.
My friend DeldaToa did an awesome pic of her on DA.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2011, 08:01 PM »
that sick

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #14 on: Jun 22, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I know right?

He also did an old concept pic of my Mando (Dral'kote Gotal'yaim Beskar'bor'ad) and ship (Werdla Kyramud (Invisible Killer)):

Star-lord

« Reply #15 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:58 PM »
nice nice,  well if you do plan on doing the whole face prosthetic of a nautolian. i just need to fix a few more things to be official but once i am i was gonna go full steam on this. i just got my plaster bandages in the mail and plan on making a cast of my face/hands and one of the tentacles i made from spandex stuffing and latex rubber

so ill put up what ive come up here if you'd want?

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2011, 11:03 AM »
nice nice,  well if you do plan on doing the whole face prosthetic of a nautolian. i just need to fix a few more things to be official but once i am i was gonna go full steam on this. i just got my plaster bandages in the mail and plan on making a cast of my face/hands and one of the tentacles i made from spandex stuffing and latex rubber

so ill put up what ive come up here if you'd want?
sounds good to me! or you can PM me if you want, i don;t care

Teren Clan

Corvax

« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2011, 12:15 PM »
That first pic might be a Feeorin like Nym.  Or since the eyes on the helmet are shaped like that it may be an in-joke of a Predator.

Either way, the concept for the tails still stands.

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Jun 24, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Another Idea might be if you want to go with a full face prostetic, have the back of the prosetic armored up and then have a three forths of a helmet that connects into the armored parts of the mask. Don't know hom much that makes sence at the momment. Maybe I can photoshop a visual up later when I get home.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

« Reply #19 on: Jun 24, 2011, 02:00 PM »
visual is always good!

Teren Clan

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Jun 25, 2011, 12:56 AM »
yeah this pic might not help much, but my comp is acting up and this is all I could get before I wanted to rip whats left of my hair out.

I'll see if I can find any better pics to mess with later.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

« Reply #21 on: Jun 25, 2011, 01:42 AM »
ah, okay, i get it now! thanks for the pic!

Now all i have to figure out how i want to make the "tenticles"

Teren Clan

Janin Tal

• I'm SPECIAL! You can tell because I've killed Jedi
« Reply #22 on: Jun 29, 2011, 01:50 AM »
Do you know whether you're going to scratchbuild, or modify a an existing helmet?

If you do the latter, maybe widen the top part of the T (like how in your ref, it looks like a sideways eight) to imply oversized eyes behind it.

Janin Tal WIP
Smuggling Shipping with extreme prejudice since 10 BBY.
Ziva Falco WIP
Not so much Mando'ad as what aruetiise think a Mandalorian is

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!