Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dresdon Acacin Mk6.3 "In Retribution" THE MOST METAL.

• 766 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
MK 5.9(Current)    A lot like in video games, the higher level you are the more expensive stuff is at your level and more xp it takes to levelup. Suit weight: ~140lbs with the  blaster, pictures below from a Zombiewalk

[/img]

MK4.1

MK4.2

MK4.3

MK4.4

MK4.5

MK5.1

MK5.2

MK5.3

MK5.4

MK5.5

MK5.6.C7

MK5.6.C7.2

MK5.7

MK5.8   

Composition: 3/16" 6061 and 7075 alloy aluminum, 304 and 316 Stainless Steel, all real leather, and some small amounts of carbon steel in addition to some detail parts being made of brass.   Helmet is resincast Skirita Arms Destroyer helmet with internal Kevlar and stainless steel reinforcement.

Electronics:
30CFM of airflow in helmet
Inside HUD setup with vitals, shields, ammo, power
Helmet HUD lights(surfacemount diodes on flexible strip)
Helmet voice amplifier(10W)

Additional points of  interest:
Welded Aluminum gauntlets and greaves
All Stainless Steel fasteners
Gauntlet CO2 purge rig
40mm Grenades
Kevlar Helmet
Crushgaunts
everything else

« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2019, 08:49 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Dres&friend's Armour
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Strange title !!! Plus tell him to get his own colour scheme ... LOL Dont copy mines . Im kiddin  ;D

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Dres&friend's Armour
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Whatchu talkin'bout Kel-T?

and heres a version of the grey plates black, and a comparative image of the grey plates version.

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2011, 09:48 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Dresdon & friend's Armour
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2011, 10:08 PM »
Wade in and make it ! Stop playin wi mandomaker and get it done  ;D

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Grey it is.

Janin Tal

• I'm SPECIAL! You can tell because I've killed Jedi
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2011, 03:40 AM »
Don't sweat the colors too much. Make your plates, and if you decide you hate the colors you can always paint over it. (Also, I prefer the grey to the black.)

Janin Tal WIP
Smuggling Shipping with extreme prejudice since 10 BBY.
Ziva Falco WIP
Not so much Mando'ad as what aruetiise think a Mandalorian is

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2011, 06:52 AM »
Thats the one I was gonna use over the black. :)

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2011, 07:17 AM »
For my friend'svest and soft goods.....I just fount this on kijiji, Does this look like I could use it to make a vest?(after a 'lil febreeze and decontamination of course.....)

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2011, 07:22 AM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Usually, upholstry leather can be kinda thin.  If you use it, you'll want to make sure you line the inside with a heavier fabric to give the vest some extra durability.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #9 on: Jun 12, 2011, 08:32 AM »
wow, a big celebrity on my humble lil thread :rolleyes:

I was thinking I would double it up with itself and do some decorative/supportive stitching on the inside to keep the layers from moving around too much. The structural sewing will mainly be around the edges, but I'll sew the doubled-up pieces into sort of panals and then join them all together based on the sections of my vest. It'll go together like a puzzle.

That is, IF I can get it, if not we'll have to look for a second hand green leather trenchcoat or something along those lines

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2011, 11:21 AM »
and to make it easyer for my vod to find, heres his armour concept

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2011, 12:23 PM »
wow, a big celebrity on my humble lil thread :rolleyes:

I was thinking I would double it up with itself and do some decorative/supportive stitching on the inside to keep the layers from moving around too much. The structural sewing will mainly be around the edges, but I'll sew the doubled-up pieces into sort of panals and then join them all together based on the sections of my vest. It'll go together like a puzzle.

That is, IF I can get it, if not we'll have to look for a second hand green leather trenchcoat or something along those lines

I use a cannibalized leather trench coat for mine....just be prepared to SWEAT under those plates.  :P

Damn, yer gettin' famous...now you've had 2 celebrities on your humble little thread.... :rolleyes:

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #12 on: Jun 12, 2011, 12:46 PM »
 :o

jsut got an email abck from kijiji, they brought it to the dump yesterday(saturday) >:(

We'll prbably have to order one custom or use the torso part of a pair of coveralls.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #13 on: Jun 12, 2011, 12:59 PM »
Oh and here are some referance pics of the dyed light grey flightsuit to make it a medium grey. I might just get a new one but in reguler battleship grey.

the flightsuit is just about the same grey as my guantlet's primer(see gauntlet thread for details in signature)

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2011, 11:14 AM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged

Janin Tal

• I'm SPECIAL! You can tell because I've killed Jedi
« Reply #14 on: Jun 19, 2011, 10:28 PM »
I'd really strongly suggest you take a stab at making a few things yourself, you'll save yourself a lot of money and it's easier than you think. The metal for my medium kit cost me well under $50.

It will be three years until you can become official, so take your time and look for bargains.

(Also -- to change your name, go to the account settings link, under "Profile".)

Janin Tal WIP
Smuggling Shipping with extreme prejudice since 10 BBY.
Ziva Falco WIP
Not so much Mando'ad as what aruetiise think a Mandalorian is

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!