Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modified ComMando Buy'ce: F-Hunter Aggro Variant (Edited for Updates)...

• 98 Replies

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
Re: ComMando Buy'ce (Edited for Updates)...
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2013, 12:54 AM »
UPDATE! seriously, your helmet looks SICK! 8)

-Kane

Thanx, ner vod. Yeah, I'm really happy I got the ComMando when I did. As for my plans for mods. I have my dremel. I'm just waiting to get the free time to devote to this part of the project. I think I'm gonna focus on other parts so I can really get used to the different options available from the dremel accessory kit I bought.

I'm kinda intimidated cuz its such an awesome bucket.
  :P.
Stay tuned...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw *
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade*REG*#10-

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:08 AM »
and they're not being made any more so you want to get it perfect the first time I'll bet. Am I right vod? :D

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:23 AM »
and they're not being made any more so you want to get it perfect the first time I'll bet. Am I right vod? :D

Yep. That and as an artist I am a total perfectionist.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw *
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade*REG*#10-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #18 on: Jan 07, 2013, 12:13 AM »
Just got cleared by Ick'tan Wesdar himself to use this in universe explanation for the ComMando. Sweet!

So if anyone's interested in using it as well, feel free.

So in my story, the ComMando was commissioned by Zul's grandfather Raddam Veyrde, and his father Jinn Veyrde, who, with a few trusted friends and collaborators worked with Clones after Order 66 to help them safely escape the New Empire. As an homage to their heritage while showing support and solidarity, they produced the ComMando, a fusion of the traditional Modern Mandalorian buy'ce and the Clone Commando's distinctive helmet design.

What do you guys think?

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 11:08 AM »
Cuts made...finally!

After I add the vents I wanted to build into the spaces I allotted, I'll post pics.

Stay tuned!

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #20 on: Jul 11, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Couple coats primer for a good view of what needs sanding.

FRONT

LEFT

REAR

RIGHT

Still to do:

-sand vent areas
-buy and install #5 welding visor
-paint aps/ weathering (rub n buff to match colors of my SCV2)
-install mesh  screen for vents
-install fan kits
-padding
- aay'han decal on front ridge

If I miss anything I'll prob remember...

Comments, constructive critiques etc?

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Coder

« Reply #21 on: Jul 17, 2013, 03:31 PM »
Holy ventilation, Batman!

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #22 on: Jul 17, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Holy ventilation, Batman!

Hehe.

Was that good feedback?

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #23 on: Jul 17, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Ok, you might or might not appreciate me saying this... It looks odd.
The cuts are rough and very asymmetrical, the helmet itself looks rough, like it needs some more sanding and filling, and I personally think it doesn't look much like a Mandalorian helmet.  :-\
I suggest maybe doing some sanding work and smoothing it out a little better, and looking into making the visor more T shaped, instead of surprised-looking-ghost-thing shaped.

Coder

« Reply #24 on: Jul 17, 2013, 07:23 PM »
Hehe.

Was that good feedback?

That is a lot of vents(I honestly don't know what to think. on one hand it seems over done on the other is looks bad-A). They need to be touched up too.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Ok, you might or might not appreciate me saying this... It looks odd.
The cuts are rough and very asymmetrical, the helmet itself looks rough, like it needs some more sanding and filling, and I personally think it doesn't look much like a Mandalorian helmet.  :-\
I suggest maybe doing some sanding work and smoothing it out a little better, and looking into making the visor more T shaped, instead of surprised-looking-ghost-thing shaped.

Appreciated. Yes I have sanding to do, I kmow. The visor "ghost face" thing is pretty funny. I actually will be painting a mythoskull on the helmet to follow the lines of the faceplate and mandibles.

I has plans. :D

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Well i Would give you 20 Bucks for that Thing. It's pretty ruined in my own Personal Taste.  :'(

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #27 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Well i Would give you 20 Bucks for that Thing. It's pretty ruined in my own Personal Taste.  :'(

Guys, let's make sure our criticism is constructive please. I don't want to see anyone badmouthing someone else's work. Whether you appreciate it or not is beyond the point - if you're going to take the time to post, make sure it is worthy of being posted and helps the topic starter with their project in some way. Simply posting 'I don't like it' or even "I love it" does absolutely nothing to help the original poster towards their goals. Make sure your thoughts are worth sharing, please.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #28 on: Jul 23, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Guys, let's make sure our criticism is constructive please. I don't want to see anyone badmouthing someone else's work. Whether you appreciate it or not is beyond the point - if you're going to take the time to post, make sure it is worthy of being posted and helps the topic starter with their project in some way. Simply posting 'I don't like it' or even "I love it" does absolutely nothing to help the original poster towards their goals. Make sure your thoughts are worth sharing, please.

Thanx Bio.

As for the naysayers..  I've repeatedly mentioned how aware I am of the work I need to do. If you don't like what you see so far, lucky you its not your bucket, then. As for those who've offered CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUES, I thank you for your input and shall continue on.

That is all.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #29 on: Jul 23, 2013, 11:56 PM »
I like the skull motif, I'd just be worried about the whole "Gruesome" rule (as that helmet does look very realistically skull-like at this point. If you re-paint it may not though).

Will you be evening-out the lumpy dome (that all ComMandos tend to share)? Or will you keep it to go with the skull design?

Keep up the good work vod!

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!