Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modified ComMando Buy'ce: F-Hunter Aggro Variant (Edited for Updates)...

• 98 Replies

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
Re: ComMando Buy'ce (Edited for Updates)...
« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Ok, you might or might not appreciate me saying this... It looks odd.
The cuts are rough and very asymmetrical, the helmet itself looks rough, like it needs some more sanding and filling, and I personally think it doesn't look much like a Mandalorian helmet.  :-\
I suggest maybe doing some sanding work and smoothing it out a little better, and looking into making the visor more T shaped, instead of surprised-looking-ghost-thing shaped.

Appreciated. Yes I have sanding to do, I kmow. The visor "ghost face" thing is pretty funny. I actually will be painting a mythoskull on the helmet to follow the lines of the faceplate and mandibles.

I has plans. :D

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Well i Would give you 20 Bucks for that Thing. It's pretty ruined in my own Personal Taste.  :'(

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #27 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Well i Would give you 20 Bucks for that Thing. It's pretty ruined in my own Personal Taste.  :'(

Guys, let's make sure our criticism is constructive please. I don't want to see anyone badmouthing someone else's work. Whether you appreciate it or not is beyond the point - if you're going to take the time to post, make sure it is worthy of being posted and helps the topic starter with their project in some way. Simply posting 'I don't like it' or even "I love it" does absolutely nothing to help the original poster towards their goals. Make sure your thoughts are worth sharing, please.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #28 on: Jul 23, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Guys, let's make sure our criticism is constructive please. I don't want to see anyone badmouthing someone else's work. Whether you appreciate it or not is beyond the point - if you're going to take the time to post, make sure it is worthy of being posted and helps the topic starter with their project in some way. Simply posting 'I don't like it' or even "I love it" does absolutely nothing to help the original poster towards their goals. Make sure your thoughts are worth sharing, please.

Thanx Bio.

As for the naysayers..  I've repeatedly mentioned how aware I am of the work I need to do. If you don't like what you see so far, lucky you its not your bucket, then. As for those who've offered CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUES, I thank you for your input and shall continue on.

That is all.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #29 on: Jul 23, 2013, 11:56 PM »
I like the skull motif, I'd just be worried about the whole "Gruesome" rule (as that helmet does look very realistically skull-like at this point. If you re-paint it may not though).

Will you be evening-out the lumpy dome (that all ComMandos tend to share)? Or will you keep it to go with the skull design?

Keep up the good work vod!

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #30 on: Jul 24, 2013, 12:22 AM »
I like the skull motif, I'd just be worried about the whole "Gruesome" rule (as that helmet does look very realistically skull-like at this point. If you re-paint it may not though).

Will you be evening-out the lumpy dome (that all ComMandos tend to share)? Or will you keep it to go with the skull design?

Keep up the good work vod!

-Kane

Thank you my good sir! and welcome back!

How goes your build? Especially that design for the force field gauntlet? My gaunt is looking pretty snazzy, I think.

As for the ComMando, I think I may leave the dome as is. I'm going to have a stylized Mythosaur skull surrounding the helmet shape, using the visor as its face, and the mandibles as the mytho tusks. As far as coloring, an Ebony base, with a Ruby skull, and gold vents will give it a nice color scheme. I thought of evening the dome out, but I don't have much confidence in my bondoing skills. As you can see, I'm between sandings as far as the vents and it still seems so obvious, it's the first thing everyone has commented on, DESPITE MY MENTIONING IT IN EVERY POST I INCLUDE WITH PICS of my updates.

So, once I heal from my recent back injury, and can get back to work, I'll get back to the fine details, and throw on another primer coat. Oh, ordered a black visor from Bikerchick.

Keep you guys posted...

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2013, 12:28 AM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #31 on: Jul 24, 2013, 02:04 AM »

Thank you my good sir! and welcome back!

How goes your build? Especially that design for the force field gauntlet? My gaunt is looking pretty snazzy, I think.

Thanks bud :)

Putting off the gaunt for now until I can source the plexi :( but I'll keep ya posted ;) I actually haven't seen yours (link?)

As you can see, I'm between sandings as far as the vents and it still seems so obvious, it's the first thing everyone has commented on, DESPITE MY MENTIONING IT IN EVERY POST I INCLUDE WITH PICS of my updates.

So, once I heal from my recent back injury, and can get back to work, I'll get back to the fine details, and throw on another primer coat. Oh, ordered a black visor from Bikerchick.

Yeah, I noticed the unnecessary onslaught :P

Sorry to hear that vod! What happened if you don't mind my asking? Hope you get better soon! Tell me how the visor works out, I've been needing one myself and Biker's look pretty good.

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #32 on: Jul 24, 2013, 02:14 AM »
Thanks bud :)

Putting off the gaunt for now until I can source the plexi :( but I'll keep ya posted ;) I actually haven't seen yours (link?)

Yeah, I noticed the unnecessary onslaught :P

Sorry to hear that vod! What happened if you don't mind my asking? Hope you get better soon! Tell me how the visor works out, I've been needing one myself and Biker's look pretty good.

-Kane

Muscle strain while working unloading shipments over a long period of time. Got progressively worse until I actually pulled a muscle. I'm back to work and on workman's comp but I'm on very limited duty. Anyone who knows how busy I like to keep knows how torturous that is. But i just found out i scored wicked high on my employee evaluation, so good things to come!

The link to my gaunts is http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=65481.0

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #33 on: Jul 25, 2013, 06:01 PM »
Visor has arrived! Soon as I can, ill get back to sanding and stuff!

Sooooooooooooooo close!!!!

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
« Reply #34 on: Aug 01, 2013, 07:02 AM »
The dome appears to still be a little warped and the right mandible looks like it could use a bit of trimming.
That having been said, you're definitely on the right track and have made some significant improvements.
Keep up the good work and you'll. Be there in no time (but remember to take your time). :)

"Remember the weakness of weapons, they are an extension.
You are the killer and the destroyer.
You are whole, with or without them."
-Richard K. Morgan-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #36 on: Aug 01, 2013, 04:20 PM »
Since I don't have a heatgun, I'm trying my best to handle the warpage with a hairdryer on  high heat. I'm trying to take it nice and slow. Any recommendations besides what I've already done.?

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
« Reply #37 on: Aug 01, 2013, 07:11 PM »
As far as the warping is concerned, i think bondo would be your best bet. It will be tedious but your payoff would be a lovely com bucket.
As far as the trimming, it could just be the angle, but if it is not, it reall stands out and should be taken care of.
I think your vents are coming along and if you like them and the app team likes them then great.
I don't know if a blow dryer will cut it but I've never tried it before.
Like i said, bondo.
Keep it up. :)

"Remember the weakness of weapons, they are an extension.
You are the killer and the destroyer.
You are whole, with or without them."
-Richard K. Morgan-

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #38 on: Oct 14, 2013, 03:40 AM »
Updates or what?

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #39 on: Oct 14, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Updates or what?

Was working towards NYCC but ran outta time on my hemet so I left it home and rocked the SCv2. Def have some work left. Especially trying to figure out visor install.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #40 on: Oct 14, 2013, 11:07 AM »
I don't think the mytho skull would be gruesome. A lot of mercs have it. I look forward to seeing this done.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Paint in progress...

Here's where we are so far.

Front

Left

Back

Right

"Aay'han" decal.

Also feel free to Like AND comment on my Facebook as well.

Still need a few more clear coats and to install a new visor.

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2013, 04:45 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #42 on: Nov 23, 2013, 01:07 PM »
On one hand, I still think the vents a re a little to un-uniform. However the hole thing looks like it's had some wear and tear from battle, so it doesn't bug me too much. Very unique vod. I like unique.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #43 on: Nov 23, 2013, 04:40 PM »
On one hand, I still think the vents a re a little to un-uniform. However the hole thing looks like it's had some wear and tear from battle, so it doesn't bug me too much. Very unique vod. I like unique.

Thanks, Ronin. I'm very pleased with how it came out.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #44 on: Dec 02, 2013, 08:57 PM »
Visor installed (What a pain! I used Chicago Screws mounted to the inside using Steel epoxy, and a very tiny flat head screwdriver as there was little room for error)

Also added a bit from an old fragment of a Gillette Pro glide Razor, as well as some epoxy to the bottom as the helmet's chin. Gives it more of the cybernetic/ breather apparatus look I want.

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2013, 09:01 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 07, 2013, 04:02 AM »
That.. Is... FREAKING AWESOME, vod!!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #46 on: Dec 07, 2013, 08:07 AM »
That.. Is... FREAKING AWESOME, vod!!

Why thank you, vod.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #47 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:12 PM »
I gotta say this isn't looking very mando to me, It's cool as heck for a Swarzy bucket, but it's moved pretty far away as a recognizable Mandalorian to me.

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2014, 11:08 PM »
Gotta agree with pinocchio here.

There's no doubt this is a badass helmet! And definitely something that looks like it's right out of the Star Wars canon. It looks kind of like a wicked swoop gang helmet or maybe some other kind of bounty hunter.

I don't want to disrespect your build or your creativity and I definitely don't want you to get discouraged.

What if you filled in the visor area a bit so it isn't so wavy? In that way you'll be able to get more of that iconic T-Visor shape.

Just a thought.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #49 on: Jan 09, 2014, 08:53 AM »
I gotta say this isn't looking very mando to me, It's cool as heck for a Swarzy bucket, but it's moved pretty far away as a recognizable Mandalorian to me.

Gotta agree with pinocchio here.

There's no doubt this is a badass helmet! And definitely something that looks like it's right out of the Star Wars canon. It looks kind of like a wicked swoop gang helmet or maybe some other kind of bounty hunter.

I don't want to disrespect your build or your creativity and I definitely don't want you to get discouraged.

What if you filled in the visor area a bit so it isn't so wavy? In that way you'll be able to get more of that iconic T-Visor shape.

Just a thought.

Thanks guys. I needed some new eyes and some POSITIVE feedback to bypass my own personal bias and creative ego on this one.

I appreciate all the useful input I've been getting lately, especially from those I've specifically requested it from.

I actually talked to Tom on FB and he recommended something similar. More straight brow lines with angular instead of rounded features, for more of the iconic shape. I need to make it more recognizable.

Will do...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!