Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modified ComMando Buy'ce: F-Hunter Aggro Variant (Edited for Updates)...

• 98 Replies

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: ComMando Buy'ce (Edited for Updates)...
« Reply #75 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:14 PM »
spots around the vents need a little more sanding, as they look a little bumpy. and those rear bubble vents will need painting to match the rest of the helmet.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
« Reply #76 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:28 PM »
Agreed. Sanding planned soon to smooth it out. Will paint vents gold as per plans. All good...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw *
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade*REG*#10-Wrang'alor#015

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #77 on: Mar 21, 2014, 10:14 PM »
UPDATE!
Sanding done as well as tweaks made to other parts of kit.

FRONT

LEFT

REAR

RIGHT

So far so good. Once I give it a fresh set of eyes and minor tweaks I can install rear vents, mask and repaint.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw *
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade*REG*#10-Wrang'alor#015

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #78 on: Mar 27, 2014, 10:23 PM »
TWEAKS:
-Sanded surfaces a bit more.
-Added more epoxy to the rear vents (inside and out), and sanded them.
-Added epoxy to widen the crest and center it better.
-Ran a dremel engraving bit to create some etching pattern in the nubs (for lack of better word?) at the mandible's jawline.
-Bought a replacement #3 welding visor off Amazon and cut it to shape. With the chicago srews mounted inside the visor's frame. i should get the visor to sit nice and flush.

LEFT

FRONT

RIGHT

REAR

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #79 on: Apr 25, 2014, 10:31 AM »
Masked and painted vents and crown in Antique Gold Rub n Buff.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2014, 03:14 AM »
Updates!

Paint apps added. plan is to use this rare weekend off from work to weather, and clear coat, then visor this sucka.
Hopes are to have the helmet done by Monday.

RIGHT

REAR

LEFT

FRONT

Tips, comments, or (CONSTRUCTIVE) critique?

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Shyn'kar Ravik

• Set range finders to 45
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2014, 11:23 AM »
This bucket has really been thru a lot. All of the small tweaks and adjustments (I think) have really paid off. Liking the look of the gold and red and the way the bottom of the T has that mid curve. Definitely one of a kind, good luck and I can't wait to see more pictures on this build Vod!

MMCC & TDE Approved

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2014, 04:43 PM »
Needs dirt!! But then again I tell all the people that... only thing I see is the vents could maybe use just a smidgen more sanding. Just to smooth it a little more. But they still look world's better than they did. The helmet has come a long way. Well done vod. You're almost there.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Wow. Thanks guys. Means a lot.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Wow. Thanks guys. Means a lot.
Hmm.  I still see a few tiny adjustments that need to be made...

But overall, you've made miles of progress, vod.  I'm happy to see this bucket finally coming together.

Keep up the good work, vod. :D

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Hmm.  I still see a few tiny adjustments that need to be made...

But overall, you've made miles of progress, vod.  I'm happy to see this bucket finally coming together.

Keep up the good work, vod. :D

Other than the minor filing of vents, weathering/blackwash, etc? Specific input would be appreciated. 

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Other than the minor filing of vents, weathering/blackwash, etc? Specific input would be appreciated.
Yeah, basically what already has been said.  I don't have much to add onto it. :P

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2014, 11:04 PM »
Awesome. Seriously though, you guys really put some fire under my shebs to make this work and prove it could be done. Vor'e ner vode.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Weathering, clear coat, etc. Looks a bit shiny, but Ive been trying to dull that down a bit.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2014, 12:32 AM »
Weathering, clear coat, etc. Looks a bit shiny, but Ive been trying to dull that down a bit.

I use Krylon's Matte Finisher to dull down gloss paint, or give a tiny bit of shine to flat paint.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!