Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modified ComMando Buy'ce: F-Hunter Aggro Variant (Edited for Updates)...

• 98 Replies

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: ComMando Buy'ce (Edited for Updates)...
« Reply #75 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:14 PM »
spots around the vents need a little more sanding, as they look a little bumpy. and those rear bubble vents will need painting to match the rest of the helmet.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
« Reply #76 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:28 PM »
Agreed. Sanding planned soon to smooth it out. Will paint vents gold as per plans. All good...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #77 on: Mar 21, 2014, 10:14 PM »
UPDATE!
Sanding done as well as tweaks made to other parts of kit.

FRONT

LEFT

REAR

RIGHT

So far so good. Once I give it a fresh set of eyes and minor tweaks I can install rear vents, mask and repaint.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #78 on: Mar 27, 2014, 10:23 PM »
TWEAKS:
-Sanded surfaces a bit more.
-Added more epoxy to the rear vents (inside and out), and sanded them.
-Added epoxy to widen the crest and center it better.
-Ran a dremel engraving bit to create some etching pattern in the nubs (for lack of better word?) at the mandible's jawline.
-Bought a replacement #3 welding visor off Amazon and cut it to shape. With the chicago srews mounted inside the visor's frame. i should get the visor to sit nice and flush.

LEFT

FRONT

RIGHT

REAR

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #79 on: Apr 25, 2014, 10:31 AM »
Masked and painted vents and crown in Antique Gold Rub n Buff.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2014, 03:14 AM »
Updates!

Paint apps added. plan is to use this rare weekend off from work to weather, and clear coat, then visor this sucka.
Hopes are to have the helmet done by Monday.

RIGHT

REAR

LEFT

FRONT

Tips, comments, or (CONSTRUCTIVE) critique?

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Shyn'kar Ravik

• Set range finders to 45°
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2014, 11:23 AM »
This bucket has really been thru a lot. All of the small tweaks and adjustments (I think) have really paid off. Liking the look of the gold and red and the way the bottom of the T has that mid curve. Definitely one of a kind, good luck and I can't wait to see more pictures on this build Vod!

MMCC & TDE Approved

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2014, 04:43 PM »
Needs dirt!! But then again I tell all the people that... only thing I see is the vents could maybe use just a smidgen more sanding. Just to smooth it a little more. But they still look world's better than they did. The helmet has come a long way. Well done vod. You're almost there.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Wow. Thanks guys. Means a lot.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Wow. Thanks guys. Means a lot.
Hmm.  I still see a few tiny adjustments that need to be made...

But overall, you've made miles of progress, vod.  I'm happy to see this bucket finally coming together.

Keep up the good work, vod. :D

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Hmm.  I still see a few tiny adjustments that need to be made...

But overall, you've made miles of progress, vod.  I'm happy to see this bucket finally coming together.

Keep up the good work, vod. :D

Other than the minor filing of vents, weathering/blackwash, etc? Specific input would be appreciated. 

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Other than the minor filing of vents, weathering/blackwash, etc? Specific input would be appreciated.
Yeah, basically what already has been said.  I don't have much to add onto it. :P

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2014, 11:04 PM »
Awesome. Seriously though, you guys really put some fire under my shebs to make this work and prove it could be done. Vor'e ner vode.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Weathering, clear coat, etc. Looks a bit shiny, but Ive been trying to dull that down a bit.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2014, 12:32 AM »
Weathering, clear coat, etc. Looks a bit shiny, but Ive been trying to dull that down a bit.

I use Krylon's Matte Finisher to dull down gloss paint, or give a tiny bit of shine to flat paint.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2014, 06:35 AM »
Yeah. I ran outta matte. I gotta wait till next payday for another can. I may just leave it as is. I'm gonna compare it to the rest of my kit to see that it matches up and go from there.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2014, 04:33 PM »
some super light steel wool can help too. like 000 level.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Yerp.
That's exactly what I've been doing. I get outta work early tomorrow so I'll make a couple extra passes with the steel wool and hopefully get the visor in.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2014, 06:59 AM »
I'm not gonna lie. I had my serious doubts about this build and was unsure if you' be able to salvage the helmet back to an appable standard.

But wow did you prove me wrong. This turned out very good and I can't wait to see what you hit out with next. way to go vod I'm sorry I ever doubted this bucket :)

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2014, 01:16 PM »
I'm not gonna lie. I had my serious doubts about this build and was unsure if you' be able to salvage the helmet back to an appable standard.

But wow did you prove me wrong. This turned out very good and I can't wait to see what you hit out with next. way to go vod I'm sorry I ever doubted this bucket :)

Appreciated, vod. Admittedly it was frustrating. As an artist new to this particular medium, I had my fair share of challenges. Its difficult to balance the naysayers' commentaries with the positive input as well as all my own creative demons, but staying fueled helped so much. I took very little of it personal...what I did I've gotten over.

Thanks to all supporters and doubters (especially the un-converted :P).
It aint over yet...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Specs_Avatar

• Just a farmer
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Thanks to all supporters and doubters (especially the un-converted :P).
It aint over yet...

It takes a ton of patience and discipline to keep going with a project. I'm only making the original Mandalorian helmet design from the pepakura-resin-bondo combo and it feels like a drag as-is. I respect your work Zul Veyrde, keep up the hard work and show us the magnificence of your new bucket ;D

Xarandos Orade
Inspired by Ghes Orade
Planning - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75271.0
Bucket: 10%
Armor: 50%
Soft Parts: 0%
Weapons: 0%

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2014, 08:56 PM »
It takes a ton of patience and discipline to keep going with a project. I'm only making the original Mandalorian helmet design from the pepakura-resin-bondo combo and it feels like a drag as-is. I respect your work Zul Veyrde, keep up the hard work and show us the magnificence of your new bucket ;D

Thanks man, appreciate the good words.   :D

Now with visor!

It was a real pain, as with such a tight space inside the ComMando, I had to shave the inner cheek protrusions down to make room for my noggin. My nose still presses up to the visor, but its not bad.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:04 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #97 on: Jun 25, 2015, 09:52 PM »
Buyce mods for what I am now calling this the ComMando F-Hunter Aggro Variant
UPDATE AS OF 2/5/2017:

Redid the visor and stuff using JB Weld steel stick and Apoxie sculpt. Also sanded the inside to make more room. Much better since the emergency visor/faceplate fiasco of GSCF 2016!

Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2017, 09:50 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

Havent been on in awhile.
Here's an image I put together after GSCF 2018.

Notice the helmet mods once painted.

« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2020, 02:01 AM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!