Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modified ComMando Buy'ce: F-Hunter Aggro Variant (Edited for Updates)...

• 98 Replies

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
Re: ComMando Buy'ce (Edited for Updates)...
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2014, 06:35 AM »
Yeah. I ran outta matte. I gotta wait till next payday for another can. I may just leave it as is. I'm gonna compare it to the rest of my kit to see that it matches up and go from there.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw *
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade*REG*#10-Wrang'alor#015

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2014, 04:33 PM »
some super light steel wool can help too. like 000 level.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Yerp.
That's exactly what I've been doing. I get outta work early tomorrow so I'll make a couple extra passes with the steel wool and hopefully get the visor in.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw *
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade*REG*#10-Wrang'alor#015

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2014, 06:59 AM »
I'm not gonna lie. I had my serious doubts about this build and was unsure if you' be able to salvage the helmet back to an appable standard.

But wow did you prove me wrong. This turned out very good and I can't wait to see what you hit out with next. way to go vod I'm sorry I ever doubted this bucket :)

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
Master Thread.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2014, 01:16 PM »
I'm not gonna lie. I had my serious doubts about this build and was unsure if you' be able to salvage the helmet back to an appable standard.

But wow did you prove me wrong. This turned out very good and I can't wait to see what you hit out with next. way to go vod I'm sorry I ever doubted this bucket :)

Appreciated, vod. Admittedly it was frustrating. As an artist new to this particular medium, I had my fair share of challenges. Its difficult to balance the naysayers' commentaries with the positive input as well as all my own creative demons, but staying fueled helped so much. I took very little of it personal...what I did I've gotten over.

Thanks to all supporters and doubters (especially the un-converted :P).
It aint over yet...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Specs_Avatar

• Just a farmer
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Thanks to all supporters and doubters (especially the un-converted :P).
It aint over yet...

It takes a ton of patience and discipline to keep going with a project. I'm only making the original Mandalorian helmet design from the pepakura-resin-bondo combo and it feels like a drag as-is. I respect your work Zul Veyrde, keep up the hard work and show us the magnificence of your new bucket ;D

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2014, 08:56 PM »
It takes a ton of patience and discipline to keep going with a project. I'm only making the original Mandalorian helmet design from the pepakura-resin-bondo combo and it feels like a drag as-is. I respect your work Zul Veyrde, keep up the hard work and show us the magnificence of your new bucket ;D

Thanks man, appreciate the good words.   :D

Now with visor!

It was a real pain, as with such a tight space inside the ComMando, I had to shave the inner cheek protrusions down to make room for my noggin. My nose still presses up to the visor, but its not bad.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:04 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #97 on: Jun 25, 2015, 09:52 PM »
Buyce mods for what I am now calling this the ComMando F-Hunter Aggro Variant
UPDATE AS OF 2/5/2017:

Redid the visor and stuff using JB Weld steel stick and Apoxie sculpt. Also sanded the inside to make more room. Much better since the emergency visor/faceplate fiasco of GSCF 2016!

Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2017, 09:50 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

Havent been on in awhile.
Here's an image I put together after GSCF 2018.

Notice the helmet mods once painted.

« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2020, 02:01 AM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!