Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modified ComMando Buy'ce: F-Hunter Aggro Variant (Edited for Updates)...

• 98 Replies

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
EDIT: UPDATE:

-Ordered Black Visor from Bikerchick

ARRIVED!

Acquired ComMando Buy'ce from Falin's run of  Ick'tan's design:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39816.0

I've definitely decided to keep the mythosaur skull design around the visor and faceplate of the ComMando. I'll see what i can do about some concept art on paper (or digital photo manipulation.)

ORIGINAL POST:

I've been discussing w/ Falin Skirata the idea of  creating a Modern Era helmet with a Mytho-skull faceplate that slides into place over the face. I had thought of either modifying a legacy era buy'ce, or one of Forge prop's Demagol designs (possibly using only the front half of a Demagol and modd-ing it into a faceplate, attaching it onto an RF-less Legacy design.) The idea has been crawling around in my head and I fear it won't leave me until it's attempted.

Any ideas? Tips?

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015, 09:53 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw *tal be burcyan dralshy'a pirun be yai*
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Gre

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Modern era Buy'ce with mytho-skull visor faceplate...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2011, 07:47 PM »
... using only the front half of a Demagol and modd-ing it into a faceplate, attaching it onto an RF-less Legacy design...

That's kinda what we're doing for my son Drake's Legacy helmet....I've already have some sketches done, and it looks do-able; although we're not going the Mytho-skull faceplate route..... ;)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2011, 05:12 PM »
That's kinda what we're doing for my son Drake's Legacy helmet....I've already have some sketches done, and it looks do-able; although we're not going the Mytho-skull faceplate route..... ;)

Rob

I'd like to see what ideas you might have for mounting the face-plate on. I'm sort of playing around in my head for starters, right now. Maybe we could brainstorm a common solution for both ideas...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw *tal be burcyan dralshy'a pirun be yai*
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Gre

Ghostwalker

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2011, 02:57 AM »
*ahem*
go find one of those Hasbro Iron Man helmets... take a good long look at the mechanics or if you can buy one and take it apart.
Ignore the iron man part.. that is just decoration, the important part is the function... form will follow.

Alternatively there are welding masks and face shields with a faceplate "pop-up" mechanic that would only need to be built into a bucket instead of a headband.

You could also take a look at the way certain full face motorcycle helmets do the faceplate flip up, but that could get expensive fast.

no need to re-invent the wheel here, when there are solutions ready to be bastardized to your needs.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2011, 07:03 AM »
*ahem*
go find one of those Hasbro Iron Man helmets... take a good long look at the mechanics or if you can buy one and take it apart.
Ignore the iron man part.. that is just decoration, the important part is the function... form will follow.

Alternatively there are welding masks and face shields with a faceplate "pop-up" mechanic that would only need to be built into a bucket instead of a headband.

You could also take a look at the way certain full face motorcycle helmets do the faceplate flip up, but that could get expensive fast.

no need to re-invent the wheel here, when there are solutions ready to be bastardized to your needs.

I actually had similar ideas, ner vod. I'm glad to see I'm potentially on the right track.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Ghost is right...that's essentially what we're doing with Drake's helmet, anyway...using 'face shield' technology.

Also....his helmet design and decorations are "top secret" at this point (his discretion  ;)), because he want's to save it for a reveal later in his WIP thread, so I can't really take liberties in disclosing the sketches yet, until he give me the OK.  ;D It's not so much the design that's secret, as the decorations.  ;)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2011, 12:05 PM »
Ghost is right...that's essentially what we're doing with Drake's helmet, anyway...using 'face shield' technology.

Also....his helmet design and decorations are "top secret" at this point (his discretion  ;)), because he want's to save it for a reveal later in his WIP thread, so I can't really take liberties in disclosing the sketches yet, until he give me the OK.  ;D It's not so much the design that's secret, as the decorations.  ;)

Rob

NP ner vod. I totally understand the need for a "reveal." Good luck!

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2011, 06:59 PM »
BUMP.

PLEASE READ UPDATE IN 1ST POST.

-ZUL

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

Re: ComMando Buy'ce (Edited for Updates)...
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2012, 01:56 PM »
BUMP!!!!!!!!
UPDATE: I did this awhile ago but I've been so karking busy lately I hadn't posted...

Without further ceremony...

Front view.

I've also made little notes for the different mods I intend to apply.

Left view: Marked off the space for an antenna I'm going to mount in after cutting out the right space for it.

With Antenna:

Right view: Added some greebs for the ear cap to make it more unique.

Rear view: not 100% sure about apps on this side of helmet. I'm still thinking mostly black base with gold detailing, definitely on these rear vents.

Antenna Mods:

Hope that gives you a solid idea. It helped me visualize a lot better too.

Now to get my claws on a dremel kit...

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2012, 04:56 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2012, 03:25 PM »
Nice vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Vor'e ner vod.

Oh, yeah I also bought some decals from Lady Z a while back and I decided I'm going to have the Mando'a runes for Aay'han on the back of the helmet, most likely just above where the text and red arrows are in the Rear view image.

I also have Shereshoya and Vencuyot, which I plan on putting on the left chest plate and backplate, respectively.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:22 PM »
I was always sad i wasn't able to get my grubby hands on one of these buckets.  Any progress, vod?

Atindralerd

• Not for money, not for an ideal, for your brothers
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:58 PM »
holy hell thats cool!

My center is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking.....

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for."
―Baltan Carid

Vis Lupi Est Grex

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #160

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:33 PM »
I was always sad i wasn't able to get my grubby hands on one of these buckets.  Any progress, vod?

Not with the helmet... I'm waiting on my first dremel (come XMas, is my hope...) to cut into this bad boy.

holy hell thats cool!

Thanks ner vod. I really feel like I made a good choice picking up this bucket.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:46 PM »
UPDATE! seriously, your helmet looks SICK! 8)

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!