Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tor'Tracyn's WIP!

• 69 Replies

TorTracyn Dusat

• Pronounced: Tor-trah-sheen
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Tor'Tracyn's WIP! Update on Page 4! CHEST PLATES!
« Reply #50 on: Aug 15, 2012, 01:32 PM »
ori'vor'e, vod! :D

And ya know, you're probably right. It would make the hourglass stand out more....hmmmmmm :D Thanks

OM #1301  //   Cabur Akaata, a Society for current and former military #2  //  M.A.R.S. #25  //  V.O.T.S. #47  //  B.O.M.B #59  //  G.O.M.O.L #8  //  P.M.S. #4

KantaBorvo

• Explosions? Yes please!
Re: Tor'Tracyn's WIP! Picture heavy! Update Page 4!
« Reply #51 on: Aug 16, 2012, 03:18 AM »
I finally got the correct tape to make a cast of my torso, so I now have torso plates!!
What kind of tape is it? And where can you find it? Im going to be going the same method to make my boob plates, and its really just the last piece of armor that I have to figure out.

Twin Suns
Stare at them too long and you'll wind up blind.

Linora Void

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #52 on: Aug 16, 2012, 07:54 PM »
What kind of tape is it? And where can you find it? Im going to be going the same method to make my boob plates, and its really just the last piece of armor that I have to figure out.
I heard that the best kind of tape to use is the packing tape that gets sticky when you moisten it with a wet sponge.  I could not get my hands on that though, so I used this for mine:

http://www.officesupersavers.com/viewItemsAct.asp?classlabel=VBAA&manufactlabel=3100308&sku=MMM255112&gb=1&utm_source=GoDataFeed&utm_medium=ShoppingEngine&utm_campaign=Nextag&gdftrk=gdfV21806_a_7c446_a_7c1526_a_7cMMM255112

I'd be interested to see what TorTracyn used.  They turned out so great!

Void   |   WIP

KantaBorvo

« Reply #53 on: Aug 16, 2012, 10:29 PM »
I heard that the best kind of tape to use is the packing tape that gets sticky when you moisten it with a wet sponge.  I could not get my hands on that though, so I used this for mine:

http://www.officesupersavers.com/viewItemsAct.asp?classlabel=VBAA&manufactlabel=3100308&sku=MMM255112&gb=1&utm_source=GoDataFeed&utm_medium=ShoppingEngine&utm_campaign=Nextag&gdftrk=gdfV21806_a_7c446_a_7c1526_a_7cMMM255112

I'd be interested to see what TorTracyn used.  They turned out so great!
Thanks! Ive had some people telling me that duct tape is better, but its a lot softer and would deform easier once I took it off, so Id rather use the paper tape method.

Twin Suns

TorTracyn Dusat

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #54 on: Aug 17, 2012, 12:37 PM »
Paper packing tape. You can get it at some Staples stores.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Paper-Packaging-Tape-Specialty-Tape/product_SS468108

From what I've noticed, Office Depot doesn't have it, but Staples does. I also tried Walmart and several other stores...I've ONLY been able to find it at Staples for some weird reason.

Duct tape works for making a like...dressmaker's dummy. Rather well, actually. The only problem I had with mine was it kinda exploded because I packed it too full lol

OM #1301  //   Cabur Akaata, a Society for current and former military #2  //  M.A.R.S. #25  //  V.O.T.S. #47  //  B.O.M.B #59  //  G.O.M.O.L #8  //  P.M.S. #4

KantaBorvo

« Reply #55 on: Aug 17, 2012, 02:08 PM »
http://www.officemax.com/office-supplies/tape/packaging-tape-dispensers/product-prod2440026
This stuff looks like its more or less the same (maybe just without the filament reinforcement) think itd work too?

Twin Suns

TorTracyn Dusat

« Reply #56 on: Aug 17, 2012, 02:52 PM »
Hmmm. If it's the stuff that's water activated (like a stamp pretty much), then yeah, it'll work. :)

My other suggestion is wear comfortable shoes and definitely have someone there to help lol I couldn't have done it without my husband and I definitely regretted not wearing shoes on my tile floor >.<

KantaBorvo

« Reply #57 on: Aug 17, 2012, 04:32 PM »
Naw, this is the acrylic adhesive stuff. And I plan on having someone help me, and wearing my Docs when I do it... Though barefoot probably wouldnt kill me, I go around barefoot unless I HAVE to put shoes on.

Twin Suns

TorTracyn Dusat

« Reply #58 on: Aug 17, 2012, 06:41 PM »
Lol fair enough. That tape might work? I'm not really sure. I think part of the thing with the tape you have to get wet is that it forms a little better to curves and such...being wet paper and all. No idea lol

KantaBorvo

« Reply #59 on: Aug 17, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Im probably just going to have to use shorter strips then. And Im thinking Ill probably wind up having Linora Void help me with that part... My bf would have to be directed step by step every inch of the way. He can be kinda helpless about this kinda thing.

Twin Suns

TorTracyn Dusat

« Reply #60 on: Aug 18, 2012, 12:12 AM »
Lol I totally know how that goes. :) good luck!!

TorTracyn Dusat

« Reply #61 on: Oct 22, 2013, 11:18 AM »
*flop*

Alright, a little update. I'm totally not dead. I became dirt poor for a while. Husband finally found a job, I started college, aaannnddd our roommates ditched us. So, now I'm in the middle of packing up our place to move in with my in-laws. Yaaaaaay.

However, once the move is complete, work should begin again on my kit and I'll be kicking my husband to get his done, too. There's a lot of changes happening to my kit, too. I'll start getting pictures up again as soon as I can. :)

z2the4

• Light side or darkside, they both pay the same.
« Reply #62 on: Oct 22, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Glad things are starting to work out, hope to see some updates soon!

Jeivis Kotep Messerno

• Have hope & defy the odds.
« Reply #63 on: Oct 23, 2013, 08:51 PM »
I almost thought you gave up. Never doubted you for a moment. I'm glad you're still hanging in there.

TorTracyn Dusat

« Reply #64 on: Oct 24, 2013, 12:33 PM »
Thanks, vod'e :) As soon as the rest of my house is packed up, I'll set up the sewing machine here at my in-laws. I need to re-make my flack vest, put little hidden snaps on my neck seal, and reattach all of my plates....oh, and get some gauntlets. >.> but then I should be good to go lol Not too much more work, but enough lol

TorTracyn Dusat

« Reply #65 on: Jul 09, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Ohmygod so it's been forever. But here lol I have stuff.

I sent my app in, got it kicked back, and now I"m working on fixing it up. I'm outside that two weeks, so I'll have to apply again, but I'm trying to get done in time to troop the St Jude Walk. Clock is ticking lol

So, I need help with something. My chest plates were two pieces, but they're one piece now. And I'm having trouble with symmetry. Omg I hate symmetry.

So, at first, it looked like this:

And now I've got it looking like this:

And please ignore the spacing between the chest plates and the collar plate. It doesn't sit that way on me, just on my dress form.

Obviously it'll look better when painted, but...ugh. This is giving me OCD lol How much more do I need to tweak this before it's passable?

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Tor'Tracyn's WIP!
« Reply #66 on: Jul 10, 2015, 12:10 PM »
The look good to me. Are you using a legacy chest now or still the standard Fett plates?

TorTracyn Dusat

« Reply #67 on: Jul 11, 2015, 11:08 AM »
Legacy :) I'll put up the pictures I used for my app pics later maybe. I've already made changes since my app got kicked back, so...yeah lol I don't know.

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #68 on: Jul 11, 2015, 12:10 PM »
Then yah you should be good. I know my chest pieces are not perfect around my diamond but they still passed

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 02:35 PM by Jango Nova » Logged

TorTracyn Dusat

« Reply #69 on: Jul 14, 2015, 09:09 PM »
Good lol

Putting some finishing touches on. Maybe I'll have pictures up soon, but I don't know lol it depends on how real life goes. Psh. Real life.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!