Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Zul Veyrde's thread: GONE METAL! RESURREKTION!!!!

• 86 Replies

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
Zul Veyrde's thread: GONE METAL! RESURREKTION!!!!
« on: Jun 16, 2011, 07:17 PM »
FEEL FREE TO CHECK THIS OUT!!!! HOWEVER I POSTED A NEW WIP THREAD here@Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update)

Update: New stuff added to threads. Also added an index to my other build threads.. Easier for us all to track

Got Kraam's metal armor! Waaaaaaay better!
Even Field tested it @ NYCC 2013. Got some positive feedback, and a good practical idea of what needed adjusting.

I've also decided to post links to all my WIP threads here. They'll be easier to keep track of that way (I hope)
Here it goes:

ComMando Buy'ce (Edited for Updates)...

Zul Veyrde's Backplate mounted jump jets and Boot Jets

Zul Veyrde's Vambrace/Gauntlets WIP

Zul Veyrde's Soft parts WIP

WIP Zul Veyrde's VeyrdeTech Ind. SMLRB-A001 Shoulder Mounted Light Repeating Blaster Alpha 001

Vibro-Beskad WIP

Cybernetic Arm Mods_WIP-Now a segmented Left armed shoulder guard!

Zul Veyrde Weapon props & accessories WIP: Grenades & FH Lightsaber

I would like to begin documenting my progress so far.

Update:
Buy'ce
(SEE LINK IN MY SIG.)

Notes: Recieved #6 run of ComMando Buy'ce from Falin's run of  Ick'tan's design.

Beskar'gam Plates:
-Got Metal plates from K'raam Xrati

GAUNTS: Clamshell gaunts ordered from tk2280 @ MMC

Modified/Added greebs, with an eye towards mounting a small force shield projector on the LEFT gauntlet.
See Zul Veyrde's Vambrace/Gauntlets WIP

SOFT PARTS
Jumpsuit
Purchased Military Flight Suit Coverall Air Force paintball BLACK from Pull-the-pin-clothing

Vest and Kama
Vest purchased from K'raam Xrati
Kama modified from a piece originally commissioned by a member who is now on the BANNED list.

Belt and pouches
Bought a Linesman's belt and pouches from Vicious' Legacy Kit part-out sale.
Front View:

Rear View:

WEAPONS

SHOULDER MOUNTED BLASTER:
VeyrdeTech Ind. GVPG CMVR-HB A00 Collar Mounted Variable Repeating Heavy Blaster

VIBRO-BLADE:
Courtesy of Frost K'Amon
Type in a search for K'Amon Metallurgy: Custom Comissioned Weaponry. Not sure if he still takes commissions. Awesome work.
Status: ARRIVED. Made some recent modifications to the handle. Also added Mando'a runes "Kar'ta Tor (One Heart of Justice)" onto the sheath, as well as layers of silver and clear under coats.  (SEE VIBRO-BLADE LINK IN MY SIG.). 

Cybernetic Arm  (SEE LINK IN MY SIG.)
Notes: Referencing designs of approved robo-arms by other members and began building the framework.

Crushgaunts
Purchased a pair of Scenario PAINTBALL/AIRSOFT GLOVES W PVC ARMOR -Green S, the same type as Falin used (must've brought them a sheb-load of business, PJ, you get a discount?  :P)

Status: PAID. Modified to match the concept for my cyber-arm design, including a clawed hand.

Accessories:
Zul Veyrde Weapon props & accessories WIP: Grenades & FH Lightsaber

WARNING: MANY OF THE FOLLOWING POSTS HAVE BEEN DELETED AS THEY WERE PERTAINING TO THE OLDER PLANS c. PRE-METAL ARMOR                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:31 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Vercopa Gaanaylir

• Dream Catcher
Re: Zul Veyrde's beskar'gam planning thread.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2011, 12:30 AM »
You cheater you bought everything!

Sorry, i scratch build everything in all my builds. Its weird seeing people do it this way. It looks cool though. I hope for your sake those plates will be big enough. It be a shame to see you wasted that much on small plates. You know you could have made a set for about $15 right? Ill be watching your progress.

Vercopa Gaanaylir

• Dream Catcher
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Thanks, iv got a ways to go on mine still. And I understand i just had to give you some trouble. I tend to forget that most people dont have a full workshop like i do.

I like your concept there. The yellow really stands out with the black.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2011, 04:57 PM »
If the plates you purchased with Fett style plates, you need a Fett style vest. That vest COULD be approval under conditions... the vest must be COMPLETELY hidden from view. You can't get that kind of coverage, especially withou truining the look of the armor, with Fett style plates. You'd either have to go custom or go Legacy for that vest.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2011, 10:24 PM »
damn I only spent 70 bucks on my armor and its the same thing as you bought for 125.

DZ/TS-15255 501st Great Lakes Garrison

Vercopa Gaanaylir

• Dream Catcher
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2011, 12:25 PM »
Lets see some pictures of those plates taped to you before you cut them down.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Agreed you should take some pics with the plates before ya cut. also you can pick up a heat gun for about $20 a good investment if your doing any costuming, but in mando it's almost a must. If thats not an option you can try to use the oven method where ya basicly bake the armor in the oven to soften it up and them shape it and then cool it down with air or water.

Vercopa Gaanaylir

• Dream Catcher
« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Actually yes. Just set the oven to a low temp. let it get warm and shape it. That can be tricky though, if it gets to warm it will melt and ruin your plates. Hot water will work too. Anything that can get it hot is a good bet. Lighters work well for small areas

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2011, 03:02 PM »
Your chest and gut plate are way to big.  You need to trim those bad-boys down.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2011, 03:47 PM »
Your chest and gut plate are way to big.  You need to trim those bad-boys down.
This ^
I had the exact same issue being of a lean build as well.
I recommend you read over Falin's wonderful sizing tutorial on the wiki:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/wiki/index.php5?title=Armor_Sizing

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2011, 05:17 PM »
:(
Yeah, I was afraid of that.
Thanx for the confirmation. As I'm dealing w/ sintra directly, I thought the best thing to do would be to print out the M sized Boba plates and trim around them (boxcutter blade??). Any tips/suggestions?
Since you've already got the plate shape correct, simply mark out the amount you want to trim along the outside edge. Probably good to go without about half an inch to start.
Can always trim off more if it's not far enough, just don't jump ahead and trim off a large chunk all at once.

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2011, 05:24 PM by Thaxos » Logged

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2011, 05:21 PM »
You might be wrong with a medium size mate  . You might give a small template a go and try taping it to a vest before cutting those plates . Like many before have said try it out on paper taped to the vest before cutting anything .

Vercopa Gaanaylir

• Dream Catcher
« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2011, 02:22 AM »
what they said.

Start small, you can always cut more off but its a little harder to put it back on. Use the paper templates as a guide

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2011, 03:13 AM »
you look like your swimming in that beskar lol cant wait to see where you go with your design tho
& ill have to have you bring your gaunts with you next time we meet up ide love to see them up close

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2011, 02:56 PM »
the edges of the collar plate and the top corners of the chest plates should line up together. these all look pretty big still

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Your top picture looks good, but the collar plate is way to wide.  You need to match the outside top corners of your chest plates with the outside bottom corners of your collar plate.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2011, 03:44 AM »
Bigger/ Clearer pics would be benificial, or atleast have it where we can click on the pics to get a bigger version. From what I can see I think there might be an issue with the collar armor, it doesn't look like they line up with the tops of your chest plates. You want the lines of the top of the chest plate to run parralel with the lines on your collar plate. It also looks like you might want to trim a tiny amount off the bottom of your ab plate.
Sorry I can give you a more deffinet assesment, picture quality has me guessing on some things.

Have a good one,
Hagen

« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2011, 04:17 PM »
look great to me  ;D

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2011, 04:26 PM »
First off , you need a better cam ! What templates were ye working from ? The collar looks ok and the bell size ok but the bells need dropped a tad , The chest is large and too long (easily taked 5 mm all round and half an inch off the top) Same with the abb plate . The diamond is too large as well mate maybe 3 mm off all round .

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Jul 27, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Need to go over a little picture taking 1O1. Can't get an acurate look at the armor sizing with your your arm up like that. I'd recommend having your arms at your side holding the camera below your ab plate to give us a better Idea on how they fit. If your worried about showing your face, just open the picture in anything from MS paint to photoshop to put a smiley face over your or something similar.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #20 on: Jul 27, 2011, 11:34 AM »
From what i can see they still need trimmed , but i cant see too well from the pics  ;D Follow Hagen's advice  ;)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2011, 07:46 PM »
That visor shape is CRAZY! Could look really cool. Take your time cutting it out!

Hondo Karr

« Reply #22 on: Aug 25, 2011, 09:51 PM »
I wouldnt recommend anything other a dremel to cut the resin. Anything else could potential ruin it completely. A dremel with the micro drill bit set to cut the fine details would be my recommendation.

Zazarus

• You can stuff a cat anywhere with enough jell-o.
« Reply #23 on: Aug 25, 2011, 11:01 PM »
See if some local costumers in your area might have a dremel that you can go over and use or something.  I know a few of my friends when working on gear sometimes have to come over to borrow the dremel when their's gives out or they can't find it or they don't own one yet.

« Reply #24 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:05 AM »
That is going to be SO awesome!  It looks you have a great plan in mind!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!