Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Backpack Cheat?

• 2 Replies

Rabbit

• This is me on a GOOD day...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Backpack Cheat?
« on: Jul 04, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Apologies if there's another post about this already... >.> But, I've looked around and it seems most of the the other recent topics are about building a backpack...my question was about trying to avoid construction all together and just buying a backpack.

Work smarter, not harder, right?

I'm eyeballing this: http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/PYGMY-FALCON-II-Backpack-12p145.htm for possible purchase, for a "radio pack" type of look (I'm probably going for a tech/comm-merc look).

My reasoning for this, is that I'd like to collect "soft parts" (like boots, pants, backpack) that might actually serve a purpose outside of costuming (and due to current RL circumstances, I'm actually coming into a situation where a new backpack like this could be mighty handy). Said backpack certainly has a functional military look to it and I like the box-shape, which could easily be modified with an antenna or two when in costume, to look like a radio-pack. My only fear is that it doesn't look "Star Wars-y" enough...but, it might be possible to tweak the over-all appearance so it'll "fit in" better...?

Opinions? Suggestions?

Re: Backpack Cheat?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2011, 09:23 PM »
I'd say its a little too earthy, and its rather expensive.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Backpack Cheat?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2011, 05:14 AM »
a bit too real worldly. however if you want to use a soft backpack, go with something more like the rebel endor troopers use. or there is always the republic backpack which is seen in the clone wars, which i believe are available from forge props.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!