Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE THIS TOPIC!!!

• 25 Replies

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE THIS TOPIC!!!
« on: Jul 08, 2011, 11:37 AM »

EDIT: FOR ANYONE READING THIS THREAD FROM THE BEGINNING...I'VE DELETED SOME OF THE OLDER POSTS IN THIS THREAD TO CLEAN IT UP A BIT. WHAT IS NOW POSTED IS THE MOST RECENT CHANGES/ MODS IN THIS WIP.

So, I'm beginning the basics of a sidearm for my kit. The idea is to have a ranged weapon of some kind for a mostly blade/ closed combat type concept.

To start, I took this pistol, The Nerf ttg:

and decided to turn it into my own version of a blaster pistol:

Here are some really early bare-bones WIP pics...

Any and all feedback would be appreciated...

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2014, 08:59 AM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10
Re: WIP Zul Veyrde's GVPG-MFP01 Custom Multi Flechette Pistol
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2011, 05:07 PM »
I see where you are going with this.  Is the cardboard just to give you an idea of your direction or are you going to go over it with fiberglass?  If you are going to add something at the front like that, try to keep it in the same spirit as the gun itself.  Keep the round, organic feel to it.

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Instead of round maybe a diamond shape like this:

0 0 0

or something similar.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Ru'Der Marekar

• Aka’lit Sol’yc!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 75 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Instead of round maybe a diamond shape like this:

0 0 0

or something similar.

I definitely like the multi-barrel designs and Zohar Nef has a pretty good idea with the cross shape 5-barrel or even if you go with a tri-barrel it will look pretty nice ... and be easier to holster =)

I do not offer empty platitudes! I do not offer easy victories!
Crusader Era Armor WIP - Crusader Era Helm WIP - SWTOR Electro-Staff Tutorial

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2011, 01:31 PM »
I think 4 barrels will look pretty good!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2011, 03:32 PM »
I think these designs would look best:

or

And here's what my FWG-5 looks like. ^_^

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Best advice i could give is , Use Photobuckets [img] codes and half decent res pic's . I cant see much to critiqe mate ! Plus im not a fan of the Nerf stuff , though what i can make out look's promisingly different  ;)

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2011, 08:56 PM »
First, I'd get some bigger/better images like Kel suggested.  It is really hard to make out the images.  Secondly, look at buying other guns, dollar store types, bottles, things like that.  And don't be afraid to get in and start cutting!

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Oooooo... Flechetes... Fancy.  :D
Good job so far. I like!

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 05, 2011, 02:54 AM »
Looks very well done! Good job!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 2011, 01:30 PM »
Not bad for a first attempt with bondo mate, Just plenty of sanding and some filling in places. You want it really smooth as it will show up after paint. Like  ;D

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 05, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Just a mad load of sanding in front of ye mate  ;) But it shows promise.

Zul Veyrde

UPDATE!

Lots of sanding and tweaking. Making progress and what not!

LEFT SIDE

RIGHT SIDE

and the most important side-BIDNESS END!

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2013, 09:40 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Zul Veyrde

I know I have a lot of sanding to do, but I added primer to get a better look at all the sanding coming my way.

PEW-PEW

RIGHT

LEFT

MUCHO SANDING LEFT!!!
Also added my latest creation VeyrdeTech Industries GVPG-SMHB A00 shoulder-mounted heavy assault blaster

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2013, 09:16 AM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
the blaster is going to need a load more sanding Vod. you got to get it smooth  ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Zul Veyrde

the blaster is going to need a load more sanding Vod. you got to get it smooth  ;)

I know. That's the plan. Just got some new detailing paper for my sander, so I'll be getting on that ASAP.
Thanks for the input.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

Recent updates made. No pics yet. Stay tuned...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Zul Veyrde

UPDATE PICS!

Just a couple things to do before  painting in a couple days or so.

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2013, 08:38 AM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
Needs more Sanding.... :o

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Zul Veyrde

Oh yes it does! Just wanted to have something to field test at NYCC. It def needs work after some issues in the field!

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Needs more Sanding.... :o
Screw sanding, break out the angle grinder on that piece. :P

Zul Veyrde

I know, more sanding...

Here's what I had with me as of NYCC 2013 this past October.

I'm thinking of scrapping it for another blaster altogether. There's a lot more work required to get it approved.

I dunno...

Got the osik beat out of it in transit back to DE. Def needs a lot more sanding before i repaint. I may change the color scheme as well.

Also, (Besides sanding) anyone have any USEFUL critiques that would help improve this thing?

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2014, 07:13 PM by Zul Veyrde » Logged
-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.

I'm thinking of scrapping it for another blaster altogether. There's a lot more work required to get it approved.
I hate to agree with you, vod, but...  It needs a lot of work.  You might be better off starting off with a non-Maverick base.

Zul Veyrde

I hate to agree with you, vod, but...  It needs a lot of work.  You might be better off starting off with a non-Maverick base.

Yeah, Ive been thinking the same. I may just hit someone up for any sales if i can get the creds together.

Too bad...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
I think it'd be best to start over now myself, the trick with bondo work is to use it sparingly and in thin layers.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!