Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ick's assassin pack

• 13 Replies

Racin Kyram

• Mess with the Best, die like the Rest
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Ick's assassin pack
« on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:45 PM »

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Ick's assassin pack
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Very interesting.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2011, 09:37 PM »
I'm a little jealous. I've only been stalking e-bay off and on for about 2 years looking for one of those packs.

Racin Kyram

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I bought this from their website back in 2007.

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2011, 12:32 AM »
SICK!

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2011, 11:07 AM »
Are you going to add anything to it to make it more jump/Jet pack like or is it going to get a repaint and slapped to your backplate?

Have a good one,
Hagen

Racin Kyram

« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2011, 12:36 PM »
"An assassin may use a jetpack or jump pack, but it should be of a streamlined design, not bulky."

With that in mind, I'm going to keep it basically the same.  I will add thrusters to it for a "jump" pack purpose.  The back will remain closed as I will have a camel back inside it. 

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2011, 12:51 PM »
Man that's an awesome looking pack!  :o
I wish I had one.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2011, 09:58 PM »
I think it needs *some* greeblies. Buttons, LEDs, switches, nothing over-the-top and no big sticky-out bits (like missiles) but it's a very plain design.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2011, 03:42 PM »
"An assassin may use a jetpack or jump pack, but it should be of a streamlined design, not bulky."

With that in mind, I'm going to keep it basically the same.  I will add thrusters to it for a "jump" pack purpose.  The back will remain closed as I will have a camel back inside it. 

That's a really cool idea! The tube will help make it look like your pack is linked to your helmet and no one would be the wiser ;)

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2011, 01:28 PM »
instead of adding little vectored thrust cones or whatever, I suggest adding two vents to the bottom diagonal surfaces of the jetpack, and maybe running some leds or el behind them so they light up.

Racin Kyram

« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2012, 02:03 PM »
I'm a little jealous. I've only been stalking e-bay off and on for about 2 years looking for one of those packs.

These are available again. 

http://www.shook-design.com/speedpac.html

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2012, 05:51 AM »
I think it needs *some* greeblies. Buttons, LEDs, switches, nothing over-the-top and no big sticky-out bits (like missiles) but it's a very plain design.
Definitely. Well, mostly: While a big fan of glowies, I'd actually stay away from adding too much in the way of light, as it's supposed to be a stealth setup.

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Just scored one of these packs for my assassin. I just hope it's not too large.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!