Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Crossbow Blaster: cheap and easy

• 11 Replies

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Most Scarred - Official Member with the most weathering.
Crossbow Blaster: cheap and easy
« on: Jul 15, 2011, 04:21 PM »
Hi, this is a simple way to have a Star Wars looking weapon. I went a heavier weapon for A'den, heavier than his Colt Blaster, but not heavy like Haran's Gattling. I like the concept of the crossbow blaster:
First because it's a legendary weapon in Switzerland (Wilhelm Tell's weapon), and A'den always liked Wookiees!

This is a good Weapon for A'den Shash!

For doing this, I choosed a 14$ crossbow toy

With heat I re-shaped the bow, and found 2 plastic toy balls, empty inside and not too soft.

For the canon, I took a plastic tube, some wood sticks, the muzzle of a shampoo bottle, and a aluminium tube

Once all put together, it just need some painting skills to have a correct wookiee crossbow

This looks cool, it was cheap and easy!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Crossbow Blaster: cheap and easy
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Ooo me Like ;D Looks great ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Very nice!
Cheap and efficient mods, well done.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2011, 04:41 PM »
Superb mod mate  ;)

Vash Bastra

• formerly newbeskargam
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2011, 07:14 PM »
For a second I thought the last pic was a reference photo of Chewie's blaster. Your bowcaster looks really good! :D

The trick isn't hiding from your prey
The trick is not needing to.

Klynn Targh

• Fan favorite Wampa
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2011, 09:13 PM »
The epitome of modding!  Take a non-descript item, apply skill and cost-effective materials, and out comes a fantastic looking bowcaster!  Four stars!!

Aliit orishya taldin.

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Exceptional job, I love it.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2011, 06:14 AM »
Stellar work mate...!!! Wow.  :o

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2011, 06:24 AM »
Just a few pointers for you. My first blaster was a Bowcaster. A few things to remember to keep it safe and together.

1. Those balls are soft, when you bump them, they may dent and the paing can start to chip unless you used a really good paint.
2. They are hard to pack without breaking off the balls or the bow arms.
3. They don't lean up against walls very well, I struggled trying to find a place to keep mine, it came tumbling over, and took up too much room on the table, people kept putting thing on it.
4. Don't let your friends pack it away because they "Think" it's strong enough. That's how mine ended up ruined. My buddy packed in one of the bags, and when he picked it up, the arms snapped off.

They are very cool, and very awesome to have, your's looks amazing! I love it!

Just treat it nice.

A'den Shash

• "Papa Ours" a dit:
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Most Scarred - Official Member with the most weathering.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 17, 2011, 01:56 AM »
@ Cando: totally true! These balls are not too soft but it can happend everything you sayd... But in each convention and on most invasions, we suffer some damages on our armors  :-[ , so I take it with philosophy, and never forget a good repair & painting kit each time I go out with my armor.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Wow, so simple it's amazing.

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2011, 09:06 PM »
I have to say this turned out great!
But like you and Cando said, be very very careful with it. ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!