Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

my "raft" pack

• 4 Replies
my "raft" pack
« on: Jul 23, 2011, 02:05 AM »
this here is a G.I.Joe raft I found at the local Goodwill.  I took one look at it and slapped it on my back. In the words of Ace Ventura, "lllllllllike a glove!" Naturally I bought it and took pictures.

shortly after I found an old motherboard. Pentium 2 processor old. I pulled the huge processor housing out and dismantled it as I routinely do with all outdated/broken electronics. found a pretty cool 12 volt fan and this heat sink.

i had to take the dremel to this to get it to fit on the raft. made it look awesome by accident.

i also cut out the back panel on the raft.

and the result is this.

comments? questions? donations?

mhi haar cabur be kyr'am. mhi gotal'ur kyr'am teh be'chaaj. mhi haar verde be mand'alor mhi haar werdla gaan be haar Mando'ade mhi Mando munit'chaaj kyr'am oya!

WIP https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=230206.0

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: my "raft" pack
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2011, 07:30 AM »
This is one of those builds that is either going to look awesome, or totally blow up in your face!  :D   But that's the risk of going completely out of the box, I'm excited to see where this goes!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2011, 12:06 PM »
Creative thinking for sure. I too am interested in your progress.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Wondering what else you'll be adding/modifying on the back of it!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2011, 12:21 AM »
well i plan on putting some kind of air intake on it.  I found these stick on chrome bits at walmart which may work.

here's a few ideas i had.

basic intake here. peel and stick.

gettin fancy. these have built in LED's and would add a bit of light to the pack.

this here? its made to be an antennae but i kinda like the look of it. wind is supposed to turn the fan which makes the lights turn on. what you guys think?

mhi haar cabur be kyr'am. mhi gotal'ur kyr'am teh be'chaaj. mhi haar verde be mand'alor mhi haar werdla gaan be haar Mando'ade mhi Mando munit'chaaj kyr'am oya!

WIP https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=230206.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!