Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

why no force-sensative mandos?

• 72 Replies

Ali Konshi

• Everything has a price...
Re: why no force-sensative mandos?
« Reply #25 on: Aug 03, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Also the concept of this club is a Mandalorian costume. If a force USER was to join the Mandalorian culture they would hide the fact, as seen in every example of the case. Thus their appearance, and in point the costume, would not reflect a single thing of the Force... so as you troop you could whisper to yourself "I has teh force" and that would be the extent...

Lol.  Sounds like something I'd do on any given day...  :D

"The hawk with talent hides it's talons"

M.A.J.I.C. #38

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #26 on: Aug 03, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Ladies and gentleman....the horse is dead. Please step away and place beating implements into proper storage till next time. Thank you.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #27 on: Aug 03, 2011, 04:05 PM »
there are a few cases in books and other material that shows mandos have force powers.

it shows there are those exceptions. that's it. wanna do a force sensitive mando, has to be one of the documented exceptions.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Corran Falco

• Im just gonna stand here and keep being awesome!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: Aug 03, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Just to put another chink in the "ultimate bad shebs" character build here but George Lucas (may he rot in heck lol) actually stated in the extra features of The Clone Wars Season 2 that there is no metal in the star wars universe that repels lightsaber attacks.  :rolleyes:

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #29 on: Aug 03, 2011, 04:36 PM »
I agree wi Falin , Costume first . Back story = who cares ? . Its nice to have a bit of a back story etc etc . I think actually building yer Gam will help in the backstory . Plus remember its a Costume club not a RP forum , Fun and Charity ! My two Bob  ;)

Dar'manda

« Reply #30 on: Aug 03, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Just to put another chink in the "ultimate bad shebs" character build here but George Lucas (may he rot in heck lol) actually stated in the extra features of The Clone Wars Season 2 that there is no metal in the star wars universe that repels lightsaber attacks.  :rolleyes:

ya I never put too much stock in getting in a fist fight with a jedi. If it comes to that, you're just probably gonna die.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Aug 03, 2011, 05:05 PM »
ya I never put too much stock in getting in a fist fight with a jedi. If it comes to that, you're just probably gonna die.

This.

If m y character were as badass as Boba Fett, Falin Skirata would have been in the OTC instead.

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #32 on: Aug 03, 2011, 06:16 PM »
BUT BUT BUT Jango fist fought like FIFTY Jedi by himself on Galidraannnnnnnnn

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Dar'manda

« Reply #33 on: Aug 03, 2011, 06:21 PM »
BUT BUT BUT Jango fist fought like FIFTY Jedi by himself on Galidraannnnnnnnn

hehe i kilt fiddy men!

ya, and Lucas McCoy's old man was one of the Mandos that got cut to pieces in that raid. Jango and Boba are the best because they can pull that off, the rest of us are the guys in the background that get shot at, for the most part.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2011, 06:34 PM »
Aye and Jango lost his nut cos he was too slow to get out of the way and Boba was sent flyin by a half blind clumsy smuggler .

Tobias Creed

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #35 on: Aug 03, 2011, 06:56 PM »
My character doesn't have a back story. I don't need one. If Timothy Zahn wanted to base a character off me in one of his books, I would have a back story written by Timothy Zahn.

Taaaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaaa!

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #36 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:13 PM »
So Mandos would not have light sabers? I have to disagree. Jedi have this nasty habit of vanishing when killed. I have to collect the lightsabers. I want to get paid. So i would have a light saber or two on my belt. Never know when the extra credits will come in handy.

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Lightsabers may be carried as ttrophies on the back of the belt. Not as a primary weapon and, if you were seen in pix wielding one at a con or something, you'd probably get stoned lol.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #38 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:48 PM »
I agree wi Falin , Costume first . Back story = who cares ? . Its nice to have a bit of a back story etc etc . I think actually building yer Gam will help in the backstory . Plus remember its a Costume club not a RP forum , Fun and Charity ! My two Bob  ;)

This.^^^^^

Besides,  Ohl'd ends up toothless and wearing Depends, in the corner of a rec room in some Galactic Old Folks Home, swappin' war stories (i.e., lies) with crusty Jedi left-overs, about how many Stormies he killed when he was young.  ;)

And he farts a lot.  :D

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Dar'manda

« Reply #39 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:50 PM »
So Mandos would not have light sabers? I have to disagree. Jedi have this nasty habit of vanishing when killed. I have to collect the lightsabers. I want to get paid. So i would have a light saber or two on my belt. Never know when the extra credits will come in handy.

i have to disagree
jedi only dissapear if they become one with the force, an ability that very few jedi have mastered (only Obi-wan and Yoda, after being taught by Qui Gon)

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #40 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:51 PM »
This.^^^^^

Besides,  Ohl'd ends up toothless and wearing Depends, in the corner of a rec room in some Galactic Old Folks Home, swappin' war stories (i.e., lies) with crusty Jedi left-overs, about how many Stormies he killed when he was young.  ;)

And he farts a lot.  :D

Rob

I keep telling the nurses that was you, but they don't believe me!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Tobias Creed

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #41 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:52 PM »
How does Qui-Gon teach them if he died before coming one with the Force? He got cremated.

Dar'manda

« Reply #42 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:53 PM »
How does Qui-Gon teach them if he died before coming one with the Force? He got cremated.

he returns from the netherworld of the force to teach them. did you not watch the movies? jeez

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #43 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:57 PM »

So then what the heck were Grievous' guards' staves and Vader's armour made out of that they remained miraculously un-cut?  :rolleyes: <-- at George, not you

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Corran Falco

• Im just gonna stand here and keep being awesome!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #44 on: Aug 03, 2011, 08:13 PM »
No Im with you Jonah lol  :D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #45 on: Aug 03, 2011, 08:16 PM »

He's not dead, bro....he's the crusty old Jedi in the home with Ohl'd.  ;)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Mike Ford

• long live the EMPIRE
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Beastmaster Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #46 on: Aug 03, 2011, 08:31 PM »
remember jin made peice with the force as he meditated just before his death thus his mind his "life force" journey into the living force ,,,it was only from there he could comune with yoda and ben there is also mention that luke and anikin had this ability as well.
as anikin's last task was to save luke he too was able to make piece with the force as well and jin and anikin were set to a funerial pire they did not go all poofy.
so if you had fought a jedi and lived you would be able to wear a saber but keep in mind most would leave the hilt behind as it was a death sentece under imperial law, do not forget order 66 was to destroy all jedi even younglings anyone who showed jedi skills or tools.
after all it was the use of a saber that brought imperials into the mos iesly canteena not a jedi as the jedi were thought extinct

ID 42518
MMCC 538

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #47 on: Aug 03, 2011, 09:53 PM »
/\

What did that guy just say?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #48 on: Aug 04, 2011, 04:52 AM »
Here's the George-esque answer: The electrostaves (electro is the key point) have an electromagnetic field.  Their shocky-glowy bit is how they block lightsabers. (The Wookieepedia answer is of course that they're made of phrik alloy) and Vader either used the Force, or Luke only tapped him because it was a feint rather than a full on strike.

Best answer: Ignore what the bearded one says until he puts it explicitly on screen.  DVD commentaries don't count.  And follow Newton's first law of fiction, for every advantage there must be an equal disadvantage.

Having a character background can help make good armor awesome, but if you're a bad writer, it's best to let the story grow from the armor rather than the other way around.  I wrote my background first, and that added some small details.  My pilot armor's background came from the small details in the armor, and then added more.  Both are flawed and disadvantaged characters who succeed either through luck, or sheer gettse, and though they were there for some of the major galactic events, they never, EVER took center stage.

Yeah, I wear trophy lightsabers (Lots of them), but that's because my character got paid a lot to acquire them during order 66 and the hunt that followed it.  Not a scrap of the Force in him.

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #49 on: Aug 04, 2011, 07:42 AM »
I have an old lightsaber hilt in my tool kit. It's a family heirloom, and no one in the present era can remember if it was a gift or a trophy. My persona uses it as a universal cutting tool, not a weapon. ;)

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!