Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dresdon's WEPONZ Satan's Swiss Army....BFG

• 390 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Dresdon's WEPONZ Satan's Swiss Army....BFG
« on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:11 AM »
my weapons.I've started my sidearm and based it off of Han Solo's blaster. It started out as the HAN SOLO WATERBLASTER, but I took out the pump, put a green LED in the muzzle and a 5mW red Laser Cross in the scope as the aimer. The two run of of a single LR2032 battery, and I'm probably going to sell it after I get something really good like a resin cast.

As for the main weapon, It's looslyw based off of a DC-17, I'm guessing I'll call it a     Z-17R        Zombat-17 Rapid Fire :rolleyes:. I based it off of Quick load powerblaster. Greeblies I incorperated are: Aluminum heatsink, Internals from the gun itself, Part of a door, Glavanised Steel......thingies, VCR parts, cut out pieces of plastic, part f a fiberglass circuitboard contactor, a 325V variable phase motor accespanal, the head from a pump, and Yes I will  be filling in all thescrew holes. Now for some pics. O and the mag was made from some electronic specialty parts.

Unpainted, it just has the parts in place.

The power pack: O and the particle accelerators recharge it when not in use. (Shiny greeblies on the sides near the back)

« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2015, 09:35 PM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Dresdon's WEPONZ
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:42 AM »
POWER PACK

I used an ABS project box as the actual housing for it, 2 15pin PC cinnectors as the ammo port and feeder(actualy is the switch), blue LEDs(I'm going to rewire it because a couple of the LEDs arnt the same blue), 9Vbattery and Holder, LED number display, and some wide threading screws. The male plug is in the blaster itself, and I sottered all the ins together. The femaleplug is in the mag itself.

I dremeledout the back of the LED display, used black acrylic plaint to mask over some areas to make ccertain digits, Hotglued some blue LEDs behind it. I sotterd 2 halfs of the female plug into 2 halves, one going in and the other going out. it makes a swwitch,when it is plugged into the blaster it lights up the ammo counter. Easy as that.

youtube link to vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yb4HqSys18

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2011, 09:51 AM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2011, 01:47 PM »
well, problem tho that those are in earth characters.

and what's a paninsula?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2011, 03:40 PM »
they were earth charactors in republic comando!       but yea, I just put the led digit display because IDK how i would put mandofont? Partialy aint a small piece of plexi and put it in place of the LED number display?

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2011, 09:26 PM »
spell check?

DZ/TS-15255 501st Great Lakes Garrison

tk2280

• 1st Official Kal Skirata of the Mercs & 501st
« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2011, 11:04 PM »
they were earth charactors in republic comando!       but yea, I just put the led digit display because IDK how i would put mandofont? Partialy aint a small piece of plexi and put it in place of the LED number display?

Earth #'s also used in BF and BF2. My guess is it would be the same in the psp BF game. 4 refs, I think that would count as cannon. But the final say does not fall with me. I would state ur case with some of the AP team members.

--- STILL THE LOWEST PRICED SINTRA ARMOR ON THE MERCS ---
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19763.0

Dar'manda

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2011, 11:43 PM »
well video games ya, cuz players arent gonna learn to read in an alien language hehe

i dunno. i think it's a really cool idea and it looks good on the rifle there

do the numbers change or is it always at 750? if it's static, just blank out a couple of lines until it's not readable. say it's huttese or somethin

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2011, 10:19 AM »
I have the 750 (earth#s) and in Mando, Heres a refrence of the 2. I personaly think the Earth #s one looks a bit better and more technological like on the caseless ammo rifles in Aliens, heres the 2 side-by-side and see what you think.
And yes it stays at 750.
(my sister deleted my pics of it w/earth digits >.<

Dar'manda

« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:08 PM »
I personaly think the Earth #s one looks a bit better and more technological like on the caseless ammo rifles in Aliens

Aliens isn't Star Wars.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:14 PM »
Wondering why you chose to backlight the LEDs instead of wiring them up.
If you didn't know how, I'd be happy to help out in the future if need be.

Edit: Revised phrasing

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2011, 02:54 PM by Thaxos » Logged

Rek Polus

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #10 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:26 PM »
750 seems a bit high don't you think?

« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:30 PM »
i think that 150 would even be a bit much.

Born terminal.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:44 PM »
Guys, why are we picking someone apart on a tiny little part of the costume?

As others have stated, the Star Wars games have the ammo listed in earth numbers.  I believe even some of the plecter labs kits have the same thing.  One of my 501st RC friends has a Deece that has earth numbers on a display just like that.

It's possible that Dresdon doesn't know how to wire it up to display the numbers he wants.  It does require some techinical electronics skill that some do not have.  I personally don't know how to wire one up.  So instead of criticizing him about it, why not offer up some friendly advice on how he would wire it up instead?

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:59 PM »
It's possible that Dresdon doesn't know how to wire it up to display the numbers he wants.  It does require some techinical electronics skill that some do not have.  I personally don't know how to wire one up.  So instead of criticizing him about it, why not offer up some friendly advice on how he would wire it up instead?
Well, he already has it in a state that probably can't be wired up, but previous post edited to offer help.
My phrasing was not the best. Fixed now.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #14 on: Aug 15, 2011, 04:00 PM »
Wondering why you chose to backlight the LEDs instead of wiring them up.
If you didn't know how, I'd be happy to help out in the future if need be.

Edit: Revised phrasing
Tha'd be great :D   I've got a control board with 2 more LED number digits and a square graph of LED's from a treadmill.

Thaxos

« Reply #15 on: Aug 15, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Tha'd be great :D   I've got a control board with 2 more LED number digits and a square graph of LED's from a treadmill.
Just send me a PM and we'll get it figured out.
Perhaps it's just me or the blurry pic, but were there still pins on the display you used on this gun, or were they removed?

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #16 on: Aug 15, 2011, 04:16 PM »
I dremmled out the back >.<    But I've got more from work lol. I'll make it a Red display.

Thaxos

« Reply #17 on: Aug 15, 2011, 04:17 PM »
I dremmled out the back >.<    But I've got more from work lol. I'll make it a Red display.
Yeah, we'll get you wired up so you don't have to do that anymore  ;)

Definitely a different method of getting the segments to light up, that's for sure.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #18 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:57 AM »
It's all painted up and scope is mounted. Mag is lower priority atm, and I'll probably just stiwck with the back lighting again.

Blaster Pistol

Thaxos

« Reply #19 on: Aug 16, 2011, 11:02 AM »
The kitbashed gun looks really good painted up, as for the DL-44 you'll want to remove the Star Wars logo.  ;)

Have you considered bondo'ing the screw holes? Not a major issue as it's overlooked most of the time, but it does improve the overall look. Really just a personal preference thing. I always do it, but that's because I'm picky  :P

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #20 on: Aug 16, 2011, 11:07 AM »
I'm going to keep it open-up-able because I still want to put more electronics in it in the future. MKaybe a green laser in the barrel and drilling out the scope......idk

Thaxos

« Reply #21 on: Aug 16, 2011, 11:13 AM »
I'm going to keep it open-up-able because I still want to put more electronics in it in the future. MKaybe a green laser in the barrel and drilling out the scope......idk
Fair enough on opening it up later on.

As for the laser, I would advise against it.
The risk of shining it in someone's eye, as well as the likelihood of it being barred from cons will make it more of a hassle than anything else.
I'm not suggesting you'd shine it at someone and get their eyes, but it's the last thing anyone would want to happen.
The other aspect to consider is when would you truly use it? It will rarely show up in any photos, and a bit of photoshop makes for a far cooler looking blaster effect.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #22 on: Aug 16, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Good point-I'll just stick with the green LED then.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Aug 16, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Yup, can't go wrong with LEDs. :D

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #24 on: Sep 18, 2011, 08:11 AM »
I need to make a small modification to the DC-17's mag; atm it's just held in place with the 15pin PC plugs-I'm going to builda smallbox for it so it dousn't fall out or wabble. Any suggestions before I begin?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!