Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Thinking of going TM !

• 16 Replies

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Thinking of going TM !
« on: Aug 20, 2011, 08:30 PM »
I am thinking of turning my kit to True mandalorian spec's .  I know i need to change the belt and holster's i have to brown leather etc , but could i keep the strapping on the shin's as long as they hold pouches etc ? Im thinking of doing the ( ) marking's on the chest plates in the same blue as the rest of my kit.  Would it be better if i kept the shoulder bell's and knee's the same blue ? . Cheer's ,

Kel  ;)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Thinking of going TM !
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Do i stencil the ( ) shape on the plates or daub then on like woad ? Freehand style .  I see that kind of style from the comic's . Cheer's  ;)

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2011, 07:49 AM »
The squad symbols look to be hand-painted on honestly. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:03 AM »
I thought the same , Cheer's mate .  I will get some on to see what they look like .

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Definitely agree on the hand-painted squad leader symbol. In the comic, looks like they were just slapped on right before the mission in question, just a sort of quick addition. On the shin pouches, I'm sort of on the fence. I suppose if they're the same leather/faux-leather as the belt pouches and aren't too bulky/obtrusive I'd agree to let them slide. I'd like to still allow for some wiggle room, as they do in most real military units as well.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:11 AM »
Nice one ner'vod , I will get some pic's up asap  ;)  The pouches will take longer though . I might take a crack at making them . Especially for the shin's .

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2011, 04:49 PM »
I had a look at the open seasons comics and the ( ) looks more of a circle and overlap's the ab-plate too.

http://www.nukecd.com/cayce/mandcomix/Jango_Fett--Open_Seasons/Jango%20Fett%20-%20Open%20Seasons%202/blz13.jpg

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2011, 07:53 AM »
True, it might be better referred to as an O sigil rather than ( ).

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2011, 11:17 AM »
I'd say more art inconsistencies. I like the O better than the ( ), but the ( ) makes more sense because of the [ ] etc on other kits.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Both are definately complete circles.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2011, 11:26 AM »
I'd say more art inconsistencies. I like the O better than the ( ), but the ( ) makes more sense because of the [ ] etc on other kits.

This is what i was thinking ,  Just going to paint ( ) on the plates tomorrow .

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Even that second bit of artwork looks like a circle, just broken by the edges of the plates. The same can easily be argued of the other two symbols (a diamond for Jaster, a square for Montross). Whenever they're shown head on and close up, it looks like they're meant to be those actual shapes.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Im going to use a glove , well more of a finger LOL To paint the symbol on .  I used the same thing when i put the hand on my Legacy .  It should work ok  ;D

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2011, 12:02 PM »
I just looked and ive run out of the blue paint  :P I will start the paint after the end of the month .  I used the last on my knee's and shoulder's , I was in the garage saying thing's like " How sad " and " Oh My " ! LOL

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2011, 02:26 AM by Kel T Skirata » Logged

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 09, 2011, 05:24 AM »
Just a question, does the rear vent on the bucket need to be filled ? I see no reference to it anywhere.

Also with the RF stalk, some pic ref's look like a round bar and some a standard ?

Lastly before i go and butcher my bucket, with the earcap's are these open to your own interpretation of the ref pic's ? Just asking as there seem to be so many different version's.

Ive got the notion of gun metal grey/silver for the plates, blue for the visor and maybe gaunt's. Also im torn between yellow and blue for the bell's and knee's. Going to look for a grey flightsuit and darker grey flack this time. Cheer's and i will post up progress soon on the main planning board ;)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #16 on: Oct 09, 2011, 08:05 AM »
Im scrapping this idea, Going a different custom. I might come back to this at some point, thanks for the input.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!