Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Boda's guns

• 5 Replies

bodatheyoda

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Boda's guns
« on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:35 PM »
My main rifle is actually a Star Wars figure carrier released back when Return of the Jedi came out.  I can't actually find an orginal pic of it. It would clamshell open and has compartments for figures inside. I tried and tried to find a way to keep it so it was functional but I just couldn't, and still make it universe accurate. I attached several greeblies, every single one come from star wars blasters. There was no muzzle or on this gun, but you can see it's got three areas where they could attach. I attatched an E-11 emitter on the top one and on the sides are two ESB Han Solo Muzzles. Attatched on the scope is the end piece that goes on a DH-17 blaster. Several other parts from other star wars guns were added. It revieced new paint and a load of dry brush weathering. Silver for the main body, then a gold on the scope, many WWII scopes were made of bronze, sooo gold=bronze.

My secondary is still up in the air.

A DH-17...I'm considering cutting the barrel off so there's just the tapers nozzle and placing it as the end of the gun only, basically shortening the gun to pistol length.

Mike Ford

• long live the EMPIRE
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Beastmaster Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Boda's guns
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:42 PM »
me personally i would leave the rebel blaster the way it is.
 so many mercs do not have true in universe weapons it is always nice to know upon site that the weapons a guy or gal carries fans can have a knowledge of

ID 42518
MMCC 538

bodatheyoda

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:46 PM »
me personally i would leave the rebel blaster the way it is.
 so many mercs do not have true in universe weapons it is always nice to know upon site that the weapons a guy or gal carries fans can have a knowledge of

Well I thought about doing what I said also because Mando's tend to modify everything...I figured turning it into basically a short barral version would be interesting.

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:56 PM »
Would be a shameto chop that up looks like a good piece to use as is.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Mike Ford

• long live the EMPIRE
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Beastmaster Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2011, 11:56 PM »
Well I thought about doing what I said also because Mando's tend to modify everything...I figured turning it into basically a short barral version would be interesting.

jango's weapons had no modification as we know boba did not modify his either so i say use it as is it is a nice piece and fan will recognize it as authentic star wars

ID 42518
MMCC 538

Ha'sid

• Eater of worlds
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2011, 01:31 AM »
The more the authentic the weapon is the better, I say leave it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!