Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Questions before starting helmet

• 4 Replies

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Questions before starting helmet
« on: May 22, 2014, 11:51 AM »
Just got an HBF helmet. I already checked out the HBF guidelines but I wanted to ask if I could keep the dent (battle damage) as long as I do a new paint job on it, or if I have to fill it in. Also, what material (and glue) do I use to make the visor thinner? Thanks.

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Questions before starting helmet
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:55 AM »
that dent is the signature 'boba dent' .  it'd have to be removed :( 

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:58 AM »
Just got an HBF helmet. I already checked out the HBF guidelines but I wanted to ask if I could keep the dent (battle damage) as long as I do a new paint job on it, or if I have to fill it in. Also, what material (and glue) do I use to make the visor thinner? Thanks.

The dent is iconic to Boba. It needs to be filled. From the thread for converting a HBF helmet:

The front of the helmet MUST have the following changes:
1.   Dent must be filled

For the visor you can use a #5 dark green welding visor and hot glue to hold it in.

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Dent filled, got it! Thanks.

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 12:45 PM »
You can, however, make your own dent somewhere else.  It's just a dent in that exact spot is likened to Boba.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!