Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Roki's MS:C Bucket (new paint apps, page 6 !)

• 87 Replies

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Roki's MS:C Bucket
« Reply #30 on: Aug 14, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Thanks Frost, but the thanks dont belong in my corner.  They should be going to Hydra.  I'm just trying to bring her design to life :)

BUT..  i have ran into an impasse.   I cant get the T-visor to sit right.  Its in there loose right now, but with the ridges inside the helmet its making my life.. difficult.    I could probably glue it in there as-is, but it wouldnt be removable, which is definately what i'm wanting.   Any of you with a MS:C have pointers in how to make this thing sit right ?

IronMando

• Doofus
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Aug 14, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Wow... nice. So Tom's alright with you taking his design?

Mandalorian Merc # 0294
"I was blue before you."

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 2016 Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #32 on: Aug 14, 2008, 10:11 PM »
He asked me a very long time ago about adding hoses to his helmet and where I purchased mine.  I was more then happy to help and give him advise on doing the same thing.

Just for the record, I don't hold the trademark on any designs.  However, my current armor paint-job will at this point have to follow any future armor sets I make for myself in order to maintain the character and my origins of it.

Carry on with your awesome helmet thread. =)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

IronMando

• Doofus
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Aug 14, 2008, 11:18 PM »
Ah, I thought that was a custom build Novall.

Mandalorian Merc # 0294
"I was blue before you."

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 2016 Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2008, 11:21 PM »
Ah, I thought that was a custom build Novall.

There are 11 helmets like mine floating around out there.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2008, 11:25 PM »
Blackwash that puppy! :D

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #36 on: Aug 15, 2008, 01:54 AM »
I'd have to agree with Bio there...looks clean...too clean :P. I wouldn't go quite as far as Bio went, but a little dirtifying might be just what you need ;D.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #37 on: Aug 15, 2008, 01:55 AM »
I'd suggest doing the carbon dust thing that novall did. Gives a nice "dirty " look without the scorched look that mine has. :D

IronMando

• Doofus
« Reply #38 on: Aug 15, 2008, 03:40 AM »
Eleven eh? Bet they don't come cheap either!

Mandalorian Merc # 0294
"I was blue before you."

Rokeim Gekla

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #39 on: Aug 15, 2008, 07:10 AM »
Worry not !   For i shall get it blackwashed as soon as I figure out what other topical weathering i wanna do to it.   I agree with it being too clean.   But thats just one of the many other things that still need doing to that bucket.   I do have to be a little carefull with how extreme i take the weathering.   The paint is only 1 layer thick over most of it, thusly it'll all have to be topical.  :-\

Eleven eh? Bet they don't come cheap either!

Nope.. they're not lol.  Worth every penny tho. They're well detailed, and pretty tough.

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2008, 08:32 AM by Rokeim Gekla » Logged

IronMando

• Doofus
« Reply #40 on: Aug 15, 2008, 12:43 PM »
And from what it sounds like, no one in your area's even seen a Mandalorian before- they should be impressed by your costume!

Mandalorian Merc # 0294
"I was blue before you."

CIBA FETT

« Reply #41 on: Aug 15, 2008, 01:28 PM »
Bucket turned out really good.

Stormrider

« Reply #42 on: Aug 18, 2008, 09:41 AM »
On one of my helmets,  i used a light mist of black enamel,  then sprayed it with 'activator' for superglue. That made the wet enamel like watercolor.  Then I whiped it off,  and it comes off everywhere but the cracks. 

I love the look of this helmet.  The only thing I would have done differently,  is even where your doing the 'same colors' when there are recesses,  maybe give it a little different hue/shadow so you dont wash out the detail.

Do the earpieces come off of that thing?

IronMando

• Doofus
« Reply #43 on: Aug 18, 2008, 10:20 AM »
Sounds interesting, do you have a thread for that particular helmet?

Mandalorian Merc # 0294
"I was blue before you."

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #44 on: Aug 18, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Do the earpieces come off of that thing?

Nope.  The only thing that comes off is the piece that covers the RF stalk.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!