Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Roki's MS:C Bucket (new paint apps, page 6 !)

• 87 Replies

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Roki's MS:C Bucket
« Reply #75 on: Jan 30, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Well.. with the webbing being shipped this weekend.    I think the bare minimal of what i'd need is velcro, needles and thread.  the velcro, i think i can afford, should only be a couple bucks.  and the needle/thread i can steal.. er.. borrow.. from my aunt and uncle :)

Thx so much everyone.  HOPEFULLY i'll get this done soon now. 

Skudt

• Profile image is property of Brian Matyas
« Reply #76 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:18 PM »
So I'm probably WAY late in the thread to ask but what type of helmet is that? Cus it looks pretty f'ing awesome. No crap . No lie.

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

Kris Lyssara

• Call me Kris
« Reply #77 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:31 AM »
Marrow Sun Custom.  There's only a handful in existence, they're never being produced again, and if you want one, I believe I'm the only one selling mine.  $6k even, plus shipping.  I'll even throw in the visor!  (I think the thread with mine in it is still floating around somewhere... easiest to find by searching via my name).

Part of me actually prefers Roki's... maybe I'll drive up and swap 'em in the dead of night one of these days.

My helmet's cooler than yours.  =p

Skudt

• Profile image is property of Brian Matyas
« Reply #78 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:46 AM »
YIKES! Ok may have to pass on the 6000 dollar bucket. But if you hold onto it Im buying some lotto tickets tommorrow :P

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

Rokeim Gekla

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #79 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:14 PM »

Part of me actually prefers Roki's... maybe I'll drive up and swap 'em in the dead of night one of these days.

I shall hereby note that my helmet is protected by an energy field that is strong enough to protect from any bombardment

Gunr Sage

• The Starhammer
« Reply #80 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:16 PM »
That does look quite awesome!

Soldier, Mercenary, Terrorist, Freedom Fighter, Pirate, Security Guard, Thief, Cop, Bodyguard, Assassin, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter... I'm all of these and more - I'm Mandalorian.

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2014, 02:41 PM »
4 years... 4 YEARS of the Same Exact helmet paintjob. 

Time for a change !  Nothing hugely major,  just some details here and there.... i havent painted it yet,  but i have taped it off.   Extensive taping... as in.. alot...  and some rather intricate cutting out of patterns.    Paint will probably come tomorow or the next day,  its cold and damp today, so the paint wouldnt dry like i'd want it to on a nice sunny day.   Its not going to be too fancy,  all the cutouts are going to be painted black. 

However.. i've taken a few pics ;)  enjoy !

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Unveil it!

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2014, 09:38 PM »
That's a cool idea to use the 3d sculpting on the helmet for the Jaig eyes!

Can't wait to see it all done!

Rokeim Gekla

Re: Roki's MS:C Bucket (finalized !)
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2014, 11:19 AM »
Unveiled !

All in all, not a HUGE change.  But huge for me,  i've been hesitant for a couple years to do anything to this helmet,  but finally bit the bullet and went for it :)

The stenciling on the back reads Remo || 267. 

After i untaped it all, the black was extremely black and rather shiney (used krylon satin,  not flat as my can of flat was..well...flat).  So i took some ground up charwood that i had from a previous project and rubbed it into the dry paint.  The char, being abrasive in nature, dulled it down and made it not quite so in-your-face Black.    All in all... i think it was a success :) 

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Roki's MS:C Bucket (new paint apps, page 6 !)
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Very Nice Bud ... I like it ..
 I'm always Hesitant to Mod my bucket ,
but I'm "usually" Glad I did , after it's over ...  :laugh:

Which reminds me of Upgrades I need to Do to mine ... :-\

Keep up the Great Work ...  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Dar Kyram

• Kyr'bes'alor
  • Mini-Mack the Mando MacNugget
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2014, 12:06 PM »

I'm Official Merc Member 220!

Gooble gooble gooble!

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Liking the additions!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!