Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jodo Kast Build

• 179 Replies
Jodo Kast Build
« on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:47 PM »
It's me, yer favorite robo-mando and I'm up to no good as usual! I've been working on this Jodo Kast project little by little as the time comes around. Jodo Kast has been one of my favorite characters for a long time, and growing up near Andy Mangles in Oregon, I was exposed to SW and his art quite often. My goal has been to actually make this as crafty as possible and not spend hundreds of dollars, but more instead use what I already have sitting around the house.

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2012, 05:55 PM by Kibiri Foxx » Logged
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Calo Ordoa

Re: Jodo Kast Build
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Dang, man! That looks awesome!
Best of luck with it!

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:12 PM »
Lot's of lovely stuff  ;D

Kyorla Kar'ta

• You need something very valuable? I'm your Mando
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Me likey! can't wait to see it in action

Cer'Kurshi Clan
M.A.J.I.C. #056

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Oh, if you like this, check Gesai Boklast's Tobbi Dala build.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=37352.0

Oh, word of warning, ner vod. Watch out for Jeremy Bulloch at any cons you and he happen to go to.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Oh, if you like this, check Gesai Boklast's Tobbi Dala build.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=37352.0

Oh, word of warning, ner vod. Watch out for Jeremy Bulloch at any cons you and he happen to go to.

HA! Already had that on my mind...

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Lol!
I wonder if anybody has done Fenn Shysa before...?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Yes, it's actually mentioned in the thread you linked...  :rolleyes:

Lookin good Kibiri!

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Yes, it's actually mentioned in the thread you linked...  :rolleyes:

Lookin good Kibiri!

LOL  :D :D :D

And thank you Falin. Is there even any approved Jodo's in the Mercs yet? I'd check but it's easier just to ask.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:24 PM »
I want a real life version of that epic Marvel Comics image of Boba, Tobbi, and Fenn!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Nice Kibiri looks awesome

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Looking good Kibiri. We just need our "special guest" to sign the interior of your bucket.

DragoSeron3copy by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

Horsemen-WAR

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:35 PM »
This is great work Foxx.    This is going to be one awesome Jodo.

I may be a little biased (did the same thing on my kit) of the spray blackwash it just has a nice feel to kits like this.

Also, what orange did you use?  I really like look of it, plus I been looking for a nice muted orange for a while

Sounds like a plan.....

Formally Mereel A’denla

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:06 PM »
There are no approved Jodo's in Mercs. In fact I think there are only like 2 or 3 in the 501st worldwide. It's actually a rare costume.

Funny Mereel, Kori and I talked about this on Facebook... but, I can;t recall if you used the 501st recommended Pumpkin Orange, that we both 100% guarantee is incorrect or if he was going to be the first to try for approval with Caution Yellow, which we both felt was correct.

It's not orange though... for every one source showing "orange" I can show 1 in red and 2-3 in Caution yellow...  :P

« Reply #14 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Awesome! I knew it was rare, but not THAT rare. Leave it to me to bite off that kind of chunk...  :D :P

ANDDDDDDDDDDDD guess what... it's totally not pumpkin orange! I am half tempted to get Andy Mangles to write on a piece of paper when I see him "JODO KAST DID NOT USE PUMPKIN ORANGE!" Everywhere in that blasted comic book, it is totally safety yellow. So I met in the middle. Originally I was going to go the okay route, and even painted it that way... then me and PJ talked and well, when yer buddy the approval team lead sees it the same way as ya, it makes ya grow a larger pair and push the line. So, the colors used are... safety yellow with a dark orange misting then scorched the way I do it. Gives it alot more of a yellowish brown look to it, so more of how I'd imagine him. So in end, it may look a bit more towards the orange side, but sure as hell aint no PUMPKIN freakin ORANGE, lol.

Example-

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/displayimage.php?pid=54&fullsize=1

In that comic book, right before this page, Jodo then has Boba red, and earlier on has Orange. Long story short, in my belief, they ALL should be okay.

However, if the legion wants to really get into a pissing contest, our friend Kal Skirata got his final reference thanks to Jaime Snell doing this pic-

THIS picture is what I referenced heavily.

If they deny it however, I am going completely Safety Yellow  :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!