Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jodo Kast Build

• 179 Replies
Jodo Kast Build
« on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:47 PM »
It's me, yer favorite robo-mando and I'm up to no good as usual! I've been working on this Jodo Kast project little by little as the time comes around. Jodo Kast has been one of my favorite characters for a long time, and growing up near Andy Mangles in Oregon, I was exposed to SW and his art quite often. My goal has been to actually make this as crafty as possible and not spend hundreds of dollars, but more instead use what I already have sitting around the house.

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2012, 05:55 PM by Kibiri Foxx » Logged
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Calo Ordoa

Re: Jodo Kast Build
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Dang, man! That looks awesome!
Best of luck with it!

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:12 PM »
Lot's of lovely stuff  ;D

Kyorla Kar'ta

• You need something very valuable? I'm your Mando
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Me likey! can't wait to see it in action

Cer'Kurshi Clan
M.A.J.I.C. #056

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Oh, if you like this, check Gesai Boklast's Tobbi Dala build.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=37352.0

Oh, word of warning, ner vod. Watch out for Jeremy Bulloch at any cons you and he happen to go to.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Oh, if you like this, check Gesai Boklast's Tobbi Dala build.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=37352.0

Oh, word of warning, ner vod. Watch out for Jeremy Bulloch at any cons you and he happen to go to.

HA! Already had that on my mind...

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Lol!
I wonder if anybody has done Fenn Shysa before...?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Yes, it's actually mentioned in the thread you linked...  :rolleyes:

Lookin good Kibiri!

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Yes, it's actually mentioned in the thread you linked...  :rolleyes:

Lookin good Kibiri!

LOL  :D :D :D

And thank you Falin. Is there even any approved Jodo's in the Mercs yet? I'd check but it's easier just to ask.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:24 PM »
I want a real life version of that epic Marvel Comics image of Boba, Tobbi, and Fenn!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Nice Kibiri looks awesome

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Looking good Kibiri. We just need our "special guest" to sign the interior of your bucket.

DragoSeron3copy by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

Horsemen-WAR

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:35 PM »
This is great work Foxx.    This is going to be one awesome Jodo.

I may be a little biased (did the same thing on my kit) of the spray blackwash it just has a nice feel to kits like this.

Also, what orange did you use?  I really like look of it, plus I been looking for a nice muted orange for a while

Sounds like a plan.....
Mereel A’denla formerly of Wampa Clan

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:06 PM »
There are no approved Jodo's in Mercs. In fact I think there are only like 2 or 3 in the 501st worldwide. It's actually a rare costume.

Funny Mereel, Kori and I talked about this on Facebook... but, I can;t recall if you used the 501st recommended Pumpkin Orange, that we both 100% guarantee is incorrect or if he was going to be the first to try for approval with Caution Yellow, which we both felt was correct.

It's not orange though... for every one source showing "orange" I can show 1 in red and 2-3 in Caution yellow...  :P

« Reply #14 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Awesome! I knew it was rare, but not THAT rare. Leave it to me to bite off that kind of chunk...  :D :P

ANDDDDDDDDDDDD guess what... it's totally not pumpkin orange! I am half tempted to get Andy Mangles to write on a piece of paper when I see him "JODO KAST DID NOT USE PUMPKIN ORANGE!" Everywhere in that blasted comic book, it is totally safety yellow. So I met in the middle. Originally I was going to go the okay route, and even painted it that way... then me and PJ talked and well, when yer buddy the approval team lead sees it the same way as ya, it makes ya grow a larger pair and push the line. So, the colors used are... safety yellow with a dark orange misting then scorched the way I do it. Gives it alot more of a yellowish brown look to it, so more of how I'd imagine him. So in end, it may look a bit more towards the orange side, but sure as hell aint no PUMPKIN freakin ORANGE, lol.

Example-

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/displayimage.php?pid=54&fullsize=1

In that comic book, right before this page, Jodo then has Boba red, and earlier on has Orange. Long story short, in my belief, they ALL should be okay.

However, if the legion wants to really get into a pissing contest, our friend Kal Skirata got his final reference thanks to Jaime Snell doing this pic-

THIS picture is what I referenced heavily.

If they deny it however, I am going completely Safety Yellow  :P

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:49 PM »
PFFF what do you want to be THIS poser for?  "Oh no Boba pleese don't blow me upppp Im sorry *whine whine whine*"

LOL looks great, Kibiri.  :D

-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013
« Reply #16 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:55 PM »
PFFF what do you want to be THIS poser for?  "Oh no Boba pleese don't blow me upppp Im sorry *whine whine whine*"

hahahahaha ya

« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2011, 09:00 PM »

LMFAO... so very very true. But at least he's not as whiny as Anakin Skywalker  :D :o

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #18 on: Sep 02, 2011, 09:18 PM »
But Luke was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power conveeeeerrterrrrrrs...!!

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: Sep 02, 2011, 09:19 PM »

LMAO ..  :D  I love this place ....

Your kit looks great ......  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2011, 10:05 PM »
 Don't mean to panic you bro but I told Andy Mangels that Joda and Boba were going to be at our booth for Portland Comic show. He's really excited to do pics. Can you be done by November 13th? ;D

Horsemen-WAR

Hondo Karr

« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2011, 10:42 PM »
Can you be done by November 13th? ;D

Consider that an order or your roboarm will rust and fall off  :P

Yeah. Jodo is a VERY rare commodity. Reason? Well, my guess would be 1. He's not G-canon so even though it's approvable it's not a "high end" and 2. even though alot of the parts are Fett repaints there are alot of bits and pieces that are very different ie, not massed produced, ie not reaidly avaiable ie there are no paint templates ie it's a harder costume to make.

Jodo may be a punk but, he looks bitchin! I mean, if we relied on the movies alone, not the EU, Boba's track record other than "He's no good to me dead" isn't that impressive either lol.

« Reply #22 on: Sep 02, 2011, 10:57 PM »
Don't mean to panic you bro but I told Andy Mangels that Joda and Boba were going to be at our booth for Portland Comic show. He's really excited to do pics. Can you be done by November 13th? ;D

Well I guess I kinda have to now don't I! Yeah, he'll be done by then or else I will beat myself and forever declare myself an epic fail.  :D

Consider that an order or your roboarm will rust and fall off  :P

Yeah. Jodo is a VERY rare commodity. Reason? Well, my guess would be 1. He's not G-canon so even though it's approvable it's not a "high end" and 2. even though alot of the parts are Fett repaints there are alot of bits and pieces that are very different ie, not massed produced, ie not reaidly avaiable ie there are no paint templates ie it's a harder costume to make.

Jodo may be a punk but, he looks bitchin! I mean, if we relied on the movies alone, not the EU, Boba's track record other than "He's no good to me dead" isn't that impressive either lol.

You said it perfect- he looks like a bad -censored-. And actually, if you look at Boba strictly from the movies, he's not AS epic as when you take all the EU goodies and such. Luckly I'm crafty and can usually scrounge things together to make stuff ie my roboarm, but I have to say Jodo has indeed been a fun challenge. And you are completely right also on the not mass produced statement. Some of Jodo's key differences you can't buy at all and must make completely from scratch.

But I never thought ever in my life I'd be standing next to one of my favorite artists dressed as Jodo. Even more of a reason for me to get him done even more soon! Honestly (and this will make some cringe) I plan on wearing Jodo more than Kibiri because it's more comfortable and practical and easier to maintain. Kibiri is like a freaking jet- for every hour of use, there is another hour of maintaining that blasted thing!  :P And now, with the "General Kibiri Foxx" edition that will be debuted here very soon, I will have prolly another 10 pounds of crap on me, lol.

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
« Reply #23 on: Sep 02, 2011, 10:59 PM »
Not to derail this thread any more but we do have to get a shot of Boba and Joda together with Andy. I let Andy know if we had some wire and duct tape we could recreate the cover. ;D

Horsemen-WAR
« Reply #24 on: Sep 03, 2011, 01:55 AM »
True... now back to our regularly scheduled program of awesomeness!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!