Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jodo Kast Build

• 179 Replies

Calo Ordoa

Re: Jodo Kast Build
« Reply #25 on: Sep 03, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Erm... Umm...
There!

Found this little kit build-bomber looking for a cool picture of Boba and Jodo fighting.
 :-[ :-\

« Reply #26 on: Sep 03, 2011, 01:32 PM »
That right there is the other variant of Jodo. It was used for art in the SW card game. I personally am not a fan of that version and there are some big differences between the TWOD Kast and this one. Though I imagine someone could rock it if done right.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #27 on: Sep 03, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Ah!
Every time I've seen that, I was like, "Is that a 501st member?"
So, yeah. Thanks for clearing that up.  ;D

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #28 on: Sep 03, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Looks great! I look forward to seeing the rest!!

TiMesh'la Akaan

• OM# 0388 - M.A.J.I.C: 010 - Countless Troops
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Sep 04, 2011, 12:07 AM »
Looks great Bro, super jellous over here... I can't wait to see how you tackle the other doo-dads and such, it's so good to coppy off some one elses ideas, lol ;D

« Reply #30 on: Sep 17, 2011, 05:38 AM »
So after talking to Falin and Stormtrooperguy, I am going to do a repaint. Why? Because I have the references to show what I believe to be the correct colors, so going to do so and see what happens.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #31 on: Sep 17, 2011, 10:26 AM »
D'you think you might post a pic of the reference for us to see? Thanks.  :)

« Reply #32 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:54 PM »

3/4 of the comic book he is this color. Only in very few does he ever show up as Pumkin Orange, and in a few frames he is the SAME red as Boba. Since Safety Yellow outweighs the two other colors, one of which is the current 501st CRL color, I am going to submit mine with these references.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Sep 17, 2011, 03:27 PM »
"LIKE" 8)

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #34 on: Sep 17, 2011, 03:29 PM »
Ok! Cool!
Can't wait to see it finished, vod!  :D

Kyorla Kar'ta

• You need something very valuable? I'm your Mando
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #35 on: Sep 18, 2011, 04:27 PM »

3/4 of the comic book he is this color. Only in very few does he ever show up as Pumkin Orange, and in a few frames he is the SAME red as Boba. Since Safety Yellow outweighs the two other colors, one of which is the current 501st CRL color, I am going to submit mine with these references.

Personally I think its more of a squash yellow lol jk jk

Cer'Kurshi Clan
M.A.J.I.C. #056

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Sep 18, 2011, 06:49 PM »
This is the color we're referring to here...

Rust-oleum Caution Yellow. It's actually gettign rare to find. I had to track it down online last time I needed it and because it was so hard to come by, I purchased 6 cans. It's the same yellow I use. It looks VERY orange in this pic but I can promise, as I have done it, if you hold the paint next to the images in the comic, it's the same color.

« Reply #37 on: Sep 18, 2011, 06:57 PM »
I'm gonna try this one Valspar paint I got, which seems verrrry close. If it turns out a little on the yellow side, I can always do a suppppppper light orange mist which solves that problem. If that dont work, I am going to order that stuff you got right there (only cause I just went and bought the paint bout 5 mins before this post  :P)

I'll keep everyone posted as usual. I am being extremely OCD about it and following that comic book image verrrrrrrry closely.

« Reply #38 on: Sep 19, 2011, 05:01 PM »
ok guess when I think of caution yellow I think of police tape. Witch is verry yellow. But yes that is an orange yellow so it should be as close to the color in the pics as you can get.... It looks a lot better then the pumpkin orange the 501st says you have to use. Can't wait to see this kit when done as Jodo is my fav.

I am but the last of a lost clan. I am a lost Mandalorian now.
« Reply #39 on: Sep 19, 2011, 05:15 PM »

Here's a sneak peak... it's not dirtied up yet or anything... and sneak peak over! LOL

Hondo Karr

« Reply #40 on: Sep 19, 2011, 06:30 PM »
That looks pretty good.

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #41 on: Sep 19, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Hey, Kibiri? How are you at airbrushing?

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn
« Reply #42 on: Sep 19, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Hey, Kibiri? How are you at airbrushing?

--Jonah

Used to be a pro at it... haven't done it in prolly 3 or 4 years except to help other people with little things.

That looks pretty good.

Thank you!

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #43 on: Sep 19, 2011, 07:58 PM »
That looks AWESOME! Is that a decal or custom paint job for the Mythosaur skull?

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #44 on: Sep 19, 2011, 11:10 PM »
When I get back in Washington, I'm going to be airbrushing my armor... Even if you don't want to do the same layered weathering and use all three shades of yellow, Boba's shoulders and knees look to be the same color as Jodo's, as well as the latter's gauntlets and visor frame, in the majority of TEOD. The main color used for those pieces on the Boba costume (Floquil's Reefer Yellow) gets oranger the heavier it's applied, so it's pretty easy to control how yellow or orange the end result is.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn
« Reply #45 on: Sep 20, 2011, 04:02 AM »
That looks AWESOME! Is that a decal or custom paint job for the Mythosaur skull?

Hand Painted my friend with no stencil. Im crafty like that

When I get back in Washington, I'm going to be airbrushing my armor... Even if you don't want to do the same layered weathering and use all three shades of yellow, Boba's shoulders and knees look to be the same color as Jodo's, as well as the latter's gauntlets and visor frame, in the majority of TEOD. The main color used for those pieces on the Boba costume (Floquil's Reefer Yellow) gets oranger the heavier it's applied, so it's pretty easy to control how yellow or orange the end result is.

--Jonah

Hollar at me anytime one y'all get back. I know traveling and the ferry makes it a pain but maybe we can work something out

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #46 on: Sep 20, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Hand Painted my friend with no stencil. Im crafty like that

Yes. Yes you are. Just look at your robo-arm!  :D

« Reply #47 on: Sep 20, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Yes. Yes you are. Just look at your robo-arm!  :D

Dude, you havent even seen pics since the current Kibiri overhaul! He is definately more machine than man now. "General Kibiri Foxx" debuts this weekend actually at Jet City Comicon.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #48 on: Sep 21, 2011, 10:22 AM »
 :-\
Ah well. Wish I was just going to ONE con this year to see y'all, but no dice.  :(

Well, have fun!

« Reply #49 on: Sep 21, 2011, 01:47 PM »
UPDATES! UPDATES! UPDATES! After the fiasco known as repainting, I finally finished it. These colors are identical with 3/4 of the comic book. Helmet is now DONE DONE DONE and DONE.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!