Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helpful criticism needed

• 26 Replies

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
Re: Helpful criticism needed
« Reply #15 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Since you said you were posting from a phone I'm assuming you have a camera, if you can try and take pics like a chest shot via a mirror so people can see spacing or lay the armor out on the floor so people can see it layed out. Any kind of shots like that could help!

Teach me how to fight, I'll show you how to win.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #16 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:30 PM »
You have to understand, we are not trying to be difficult, These are the same requirements we ALL had to follow to become official members of this club. Our standards are very high because of the exposure we receive. Our application requirements are not open for negotiation as they apply evenly to all. Even if we could honestly appraise your kit by the pics supplied, the App Team would NOT be able to approve you with such low res photos. The basic reveiws we as forum members would give you, pale in comparison to the examination your armor will be given by the App team.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

David1083

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #17 on: Aug 13, 2012, 10:38 PM »
These aren't my submissions photos I just need your opinions if I should add anything or if I should take the pictures and submit an app for approval. from what you can see yay or nay?

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #18 on: Aug 13, 2012, 10:57 PM »
I think the problem right now is that we really can't see anything - sure, the yellow stands out, but I'm having trouble distinguishing plates from soft parts in most of them. In the last picture though it's a bit better, I'll post it up here for you so others can see it too.

But even then I think you'll need a full body, including boots, shot if you want really good and helpful feedback. From what I can tell though it doesn't look bad at all.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #19 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:26 PM »
I think, from what I know, you have the minumum needed to pass CRLs. I suggest you should A) get someone to take some app style pics of you with a decent camara then post those up, B) PM one of the app team members to come have a look cuz it's their say ultimately whether it will pass or not, or C) do both A) and B).
Probly C) would be the best choice there  :P

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Aug 14, 2012, 12:22 AM »
The two things that stand out to me are that your flightsuit is too baggy resulting in large amounts of excess fabric particularly just above your shin armour. Also your chest plates could probably do with being moved apart slightly as there is very little gap between them.

**edit**

Also what are your plates made from? They have a very strange surface texture.

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2012, 12:24 AM by Tracyn Ordo » Logged

David1083

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Aug 14, 2012, 12:43 AM »
The chest and collar peace are all on velcro so they can be moved well enough. the center diamond and the gut plate are still on button snaps, I haven't been able to change them out yet. All the plates are made of hammered out diamond plate aluminum. Here's another pic.
 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3440084293179&set=a.3439035146951.2122926.1602709832&type=3

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #23 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:38 AM »
The spacing looks a lot better in that picture and there is a lot of tutorials on how to take in pants/tops so they aren't so baggy.

Teach me how to fight, I'll show you how to win.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #24 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:56 AM »
Do you have knees, or are those shin/knee combos?

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

David1083

« Reply #25 on: Aug 14, 2012, 08:43 AM »
Combo

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #26 on: Aug 14, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Yeah that last pic is MUCH better. You'll def need to take in the pants, as they are way too baggy.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!