Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Pesh'katar W.I.P. **First Kit--Progress** UPDATE! New helmet pics pg. 28!!

• 590 Replies

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
All right, I think I've got a good starting point...

HAVE
OD green flightsuit (one-piece) "needs a little tailoring, its a tad big"
OD green flight gloves
black jungle boots "need to come up with some spats and armor"
various bits and pieces of US Army field gear for belts, straps, etc...
black 'hard-shell' backpack "going to see if I can retro-fit this to fit over a backplate, in lieu of a rocket pack"

2 trash cans to make armor pieces

NEED
Helmet "looking at saving the loot for the 'Death Watch' style helmet cast I saw in the forum"
Weapon *possibly sniper-esque rifle, or just two Death Watch styled pistols...*
Fabric for kama and vest *thinking of using leather for both, a la Jango Fett style*
I may just keep saving, and get my entire kit from one of the vendors in the forum, I haven't started building yet, so I'll wait and see what sort of success I have on my own first...

Incidental stuff: Thinking of a color scheme/camo pattern to complement the od green flightsuit, gotta get some paint and other supplies, need ink for my printer so I can print out templates!!

Pictures to follow, as soon as someone gets home to hold the camera!

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2013, 01:16 PM by Pesh 'katar » Logged
OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

Cajun

• Strata Vekis - Ne'tra Vhipir Clan's Medic
  • Awards Dr Mando is the award for the best Medic in the Medic Brigade. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions.
Re: First Kit -- Progress
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2011, 04:10 PM »
you might want to read the costume standards...camo patterns aren't allowed

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you...”
– Yoda

Arashi

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2011, 04:43 PM »
Some camo patterns are allowed...most are not.  Check the CRLs to see what you can or cannot do as far as camo patterns go.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2011, 05:45 PM »
No "modern" or "common" off the shelf camo patterns may be used.  Camo patterns allowed must be uncommon, vintage, or in-universe and will be highly scrutinized during the application process.  Officially barred "off the shelf" camo patterns:  Woodland, Tiger Stripe, 3 Color Desert, MARPAT, Real Tree, Mossy Oak, ACU, Urban, 6 Color Desert, Swiss Alpineflague, and MultiCam.

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2011, 05:56 PM »
As far as the camo patterns were concerned, they were only going to be used for final touches. I'm not planning on using any particular pattern extensively, and certainly not a common or established one. I was just thinking of creating my own, using plastic canvas in different shapes/taped off to make an interesting effect. I read the standards before posting, but with my military background, I figured a little something on my kit to pay homage to all the service members... Thank you for the feedback brothers...

OM #0885

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Anytime mate, You will find there are alot of serving member's and ex-forces here including myself  ;D

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2011, 07:17 PM »
No "modern" or "common" off the shelf camo patterns may be used.  Camo patterns allowed must be uncommon, vintage, or in-universe and will be highly scrutinized during the application process.  Officially barred "off the shelf" camo patterns:  Woodland, Tiger Stripe, 3 Color Desert, MARPAT, Real Tree, Mossy Oak, ACU, Urban, 6 Color Desert, Swiss Alpineflague, and MultiCam.
Kel, to clear up my 'camo' suggestions... I was actually thinking of a bit of backstory, and wanted to include the clone "Commander Gree" type of pattern, along with the black coloration below the knees on my kit. I always liked the way that particular clone looked while conferring with Yoda in the wroshyr tree on Kashyyk. I don't want my kit to look exactly like this clone, just incorporate elements. So, regardless of the colors of the rest of my armor, I already have black boots, and would probably make my shin plates and maybe the knee pieces black. I have a couple pictures of Commander Gree, if you need a better idea of what I'm talking about...

OM #0885

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2011, 09:42 PM »
If you are using a hand done custom pattern, you should be cool, especially if you are 'emulating' a canon character.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Gree's camo is in universe and so it's exceptable  ;) .

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Gree's camo is in universe and so it's exceptable  ;) .
Good to know... I'm not going to do an exact copy, just use it as reference... I hadn't really envisioned having all my armor pieces camo'd, maybe throw it in as part of the weathering. You know, like, I used to do that back in my 'shiny' days, but my suit has been through a lot since then. Does that make sense?

OM #0885

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2011, 02:10 PM »
Looking forward to yer progress mate  ;)

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2011, 01:01 AM »
obi, askin if this thread could be moved to our boards....but i have you listed on the roster with a link to this post, bro!

Cajun

• Awards Dr Mando is the award for the best Medic in the Medic Brigade. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2011, 01:23 AM »
Can't wait to see your progress as well. Could be an intersting kit. Didn't mean to shoot you down, just wanted to give you an early warning before you spent time on your design of your kit just to find out it wasn't allowed like me and my shoulder design...lol.

I'm prior service as well and would love to have incorporated something Navy into my design, but don't think black and blue navy camo would look too good with a red and white color sheme of my medic theme kit...hmmm... could somehow incorporate a petty officer rank some where...like keep the chevrons and put a mandalorian skull instead of a crow...hmmm. *thinking, thinking....lol

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you...”
– Yoda

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2011, 09:48 AM »
Ok, some actual progress, miniscule as it is...

Started with my boot armor last nite. I have some templates ready for the heels, and I've got somewhat of an idea of how to do the toes. As soon as I get a template taped onto some plastic, I'll start taking pictures.

Question: If I take a piece of plastic (trash can, etc...) and heat it up with the oven or a heat gun, what are the chances it will conform to the boot toe shape if I drape it across and help it along a little? Has anyone taken this route? I was puzzling over it last nite, trying to figure out a way to make a template for the toe, and was slightly stymied...

OM #0885

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2011, 11:15 AM »
I used a piece of 2x4 to form the edges of my plastic plates after heating them, so boot toe would work too probably

hope to see some pics soon with your progress

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2011, 02:05 PM »
Progress!

I have the official first piece of my suit cut out! OK, so it is only the heel boot armor, but ya gotta start somewhere, right?!?! Going to try and get the toe portion cut out and possibly formed today, as well. If only my printer had ink, I would have been able to get all my armor pieces traced onto the trash cans.

Also found a friend in town that will instruct me in the mysterious ways of Bondo, and have talked to my mother-in-law about some sewing lessons! Coming along...Pics to follow...

OM #0885

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #17 on: Sep 12, 2011, 01:00 PM »
Decided that since I was playing shutterbug today, I would put up some pics of the few other pieces I have already.

The flightsuit is OD green, and will need a little tailoring as its a bit big, and would be baggy...

The boots are custom-made black jungle boots. Laces will be covered by black spats. I'm not 100% sure, but there may be toe and heel armor, if I can figure out how to do the toes...

The backpack is totally optional, and if used, will be over a backplate. I just thought it looked like the new Clone Wars style backpack, and would likely be painted and weathered appropriately.

Gimme some pointers and advice, Ori' Vod's....

OM #0885

Cajun

« Reply #18 on: Sep 12, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Thats awsome! was going to buy that backpack for something like a medpac...until i saw how much it was...lol

– Yoda

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #19 on: Sep 12, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Thats awsome! was going to buy that backpack for something like a medpac...until i saw how much it was...lol
I bought that pack when I was stationed in Korea, about 10 years ago, and have NEVER used it for anything! I think I may have paid 30 bucks for it? Do you think with some weathering and such it would look good with a kit?

OM #0885

Cajun

« Reply #20 on: Sep 12, 2011, 01:12 PM »
oh yea, should make a great addition to ur kit. Cheapest i saw that pack was like $75. lol

– Yoda

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #21 on: Sep 12, 2011, 01:15 PM »
EVERYTHING is cheaper on the streets of Seoul! I got the flightsuit AND the boots in Korea. The boots were custom made for my feet, think I may have paid 40 bucks for them...

OM #0885

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #22 on: Sep 16, 2011, 10:46 AM »
Howdy folks, I have a little more progress to report...

After much digging in my basement, I've found my sidearm! Its a Namco Playstation light gun, that I'll be modding quite a bit. Thinking of making it a double-barrel, then adding some bondo and such to bulk it up. Pics to follow...

OM #0885

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Sep 16, 2011, 11:03 AM »
good start  those alumminum gutters miight be too thin, easily dented maybe, you can try some plastic drinking tumblers( the ones that taper) they make good gauntlet clamshells.

« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2011, 12:49 PM by GreatSkyRiver Falco » Logged

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Pesh 'katar

« Reply #24 on: Sep 16, 2011, 12:22 PM »
good star!  those alumminum gutters miight be too thin, easily dented maybe, you can try some plastic drinking tumblers( the ones that taper) they make good gauntlet clamshells.

Thank you for the tip sir! Yeah, my downspout idea kinda sucked. I thought adding some bondo would help, but they are still not rigid enough. I'll have to haunt the dollar store for some tumblers. Why didn't I think of that?

OM #0885

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!