Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Medic backpack ideas/questions

• 12 Replies
Medic backpack ideas/questions
« on: Sep 11, 2011, 12:08 PM »
I wanted to do a detachable medic pack.
Would i have to have a Back plate for when i took the pack off?
Thinking of adding an air tank or 2 with hoses and breather masks attached. any recommandations on style of tanks.  I have a couple 20 oz paintball tanks.

also I was planning on having a Anti-Shock blanket rolled up and strapped to the top.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Medic backpack ideas/questions
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2011, 01:33 PM »
Yes you would, A large enough pack can take the place of a back plate,(IE, covering it up) but the plate must be there if you remove the pack.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2011, 03:58 PM »

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2011, 04:41 PM »
I use one of those at work, they are surprisingly light weight.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2011, 06:42 PM »
I saw them at walmart today for $20.  just wanted to get some feedback on it before i bought one.  wasn't sure if i would remove the wheels or not.  I am guessing I would have to in the end. and also have to mod the top of the tool box.

Mike Ford

• long live the EMPIRE
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Beastmaster Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2011, 06:57 PM »
well as far as the air tanks go to your local convienent store and buy a bottle of NOS enrgy drink the top looks like a actuall valve knob all you need to do is put in a brass plumming piece and a air line and you are set

ID 42518
MMCC 538
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2011, 04:35 PM »
here is a start, its very rough right now
Thats just a folded sheet on top. My plans are to get a piece of grey canvas and it on top with a clip ot buckle in front

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2011, 07:06 AM »
I actually really like the way that looks. I think I'm going to steal this idea, not for a medic-type pack, but just as a hard pack in general. I'll be keeping watch to see what you do with it here :).

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2011, 03:07 PM »
Plan to keep it pretty simple. some airtanks on the side, maybe a Bacta tank, some sort of readout screen.  Thinking less maybe more with this.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2011, 03:30 PM »
If I may make a tiny suggestion.  I added some plastic drawer pulls to mine on the sides.  (http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=33278.105)  In mine, I used them to wrap chord around.  I used plastic because it was easier to work with and sand down.  It also came in handy because the screws that came with it were too long and I ended up using the all purpose, never fail, dry wall screw.  I painted them in a faux metal style.  Here's what I thought you could try with yours.  (Obviously only a suggestion.)

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill
« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2011, 03:58 PM »
I may have to pick some of those up and spot glue them to see how it looks before sanding and painting begins.

« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2011, 05:29 PM »
You don't need to put them where I suggested either.  In fact, you don't need to limit it to two.  Have fun!

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Carter

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: Sep 16, 2011, 11:17 PM »
You know...I think I'm going to steal this idea for a hard pack as well..... ;D

M.A.J.I.C. #118

Join The Mercs, Visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!