Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tal Kote - Organized Build Thread

• 22 Replies
Tal Kote - Organized Build Thread
« on: Sep 09, 2015, 08:21 PM »
I got this idea from Mercy to organize my thread a little easier with everything.

Granted I don't have everything for my armor kit. However, it is a slow painful process of gaining everything. Mostly it's my funds that have been restricting me with my armor. But then again who doesn't have that problem. I do have a deadline for this kit (and thanks to some help). I'm hoping to achieve it and have my armor at least wearable by.

DEADLINE: December 18th, 2015 (Star Wars premiere day)

Definitely do-able.

Helmet Build
  • Helmet glued back together
  • Reinforced with DevCon (Thanks Nassad Tal)
  • Sanded
  • Weld line added
  • Boba Fett dent filled in and sanded

Chest/Shoulder/Back/Knee Bits
  • Printing out Templates

Soft Goods
  • Boots: ARRIVED
  • Gloves: ARRIVED
  • Long Sleeved Top: ARRIVED
  • Flight Suit: Looking into
  • Vest: Going to obtain measurements soon
  • Girth Belt: Unsure

More to come in due time.

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2015, 02:10 PM by Tal Kote » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Tal Kote - Organized Build Thread
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2015, 11:43 PM »
Sweet!  Thanks for making it easier for me to watch you put your kit together.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2015, 03:19 PM »
*THUMBS UP!*

kaosukoden

• No one's ever lied to me twice. - Jango Fett
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2015, 10:32 AM »
Bookmarked... this'll keep it easier.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2015, 06:47 PM »
New addition to my soft goods. Almost there guys.

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Looking good!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2015, 08:59 PM »
Awesome.  Glad to see you're making progress, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
« Reply #7 on: Sep 29, 2015, 11:12 AM »
I appreciate the kind words from everyone.

I am also pleased to announce that I've made some progress on my bucket. It's completely sanded down and ready for more work. More pictures are in my helmet thread.

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Looks great! Little bondo for that dent & you can start repainting.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2015, 12:05 PM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2
« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2015, 09:28 PM »
Think I am going to start on that weld line tomorrow if weather permits.

But this I know is way to earthy to use in my kit, but I'll be wearing this to troops that I help out as a handler in. Thank you gamestop power-up rewards program.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 2015, 12:28 PM »
Now all I need to do is to bondo the dent and the helmet's ready for primer. Weld line has been added and I'm super happy with the way it came out. Photos have been posted up in the helmet thread for those to view.

« Reply #11 on: Oct 13, 2015, 02:02 PM »
So I decided to perform a test fit on scrubs before I decide to purchase them from Amazon. Went to Walmart yesterday to try on the available scrubs they have with the soft parts I currently have in my possession. Personally, I think these will work fine.

All of these pictures I have to thank my nieces.

Of course the little red head niece of mine thinks that I am dressing up for halloween as a biker from the Disney movie Teen Beach Movie. Boy will she be surprised when this kit is complete and I'm looking at her through a T-Visor LOL!

Anyways thoughts, comments, concerns on these scrubs?

Havelock

« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2015, 08:22 PM »
I think those should work admirably.  And I'm sure it'll be a laugh when you see your niece's reaction.   ;D

« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Definitely, I have finally gotten them into watching Star Wars The Clone Wars. Thumbs up for the aunt :)

Also more progress. Can finally put that check mark in for my helmet being halfway done (at least for the outside part of it). Dent is filled in and now it is ready for the grey primer once I was and clean it.

The remaining pics are in the helmet thread. But here's the finished product for the bucket and the dent being filled in.

« Reply #14 on: Oct 27, 2015, 11:39 PM »
Update!

New thread has been added for the construction of the armor plates. Check it out everyone! I've printed out templates and starting the process of test fitting.

« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Wow.

I've been absent for a while, but I'm still gearing to complete my kit. Plans have changed for my armor now. I now know I wont have it ready for The Force Awakens movie. So this gives me some time to go over things and go a little slower on my kit. Especially with me having some family things to do in the coming weeks. Overall, I hope to have this going by Comi-Con where I am now

Mav runi

• "Judge me by my size, do you?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #16 on: Dec 22, 2015, 01:07 AM »
i found your thread! now to bug you to get to work on your kit :3  jk jk

Mav'runi's WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43880.0
MMCC - 0765  M5 - #4 EMTS - #096 MLCS#13
« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2016, 02:56 PM »
I am a procrastinator LOL! Need to start working on it and get things going.

So hopefully with the upcoming armor party I can get some more done and advice. For now, I got a little something to add into my tshirt collection. Love these shirts to death.

Next post should be something towards my armor.

Mav runi

• "Judge me by my size, do you?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2016, 12:41 PM »
omg i want the BB8 shirt :D where did you find these?

Mav'runi's WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43880.0
MMCC - 0765  M5 - #4 EMTS - #096 MLCS#13
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Love those shirts..... so much that I scoured the net for them.

@ Mav Runi Found them on https://www.teepublic.com/ ......

Buying some for myself, So happy!  ;D

Kit in the works
« Reply #20 on: Jan 07, 2016, 02:47 AM »
Lol!

Yes they're on www.teepublic.com ; at the time there was a sale going on where everything was $12 so I picked them up. This site is now my go to site for everything tshirt related lol! People are going to be getting them as gifts from me if I can find a good design.

I'll be purchasing more as there is a lot I want to get from them lol! But glad you liked them guys

Havelock

« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:26 PM »
Both are awesome shirts!

« Reply #22 on: Jan 19, 2016, 12:48 PM »
Thanks.

Slow progress in the works. I'm actually trying to get back into school so I can acquire my CVT (Certified Veterinary Technician) in the state of Arizona. Not to mention me and my family have come down sick with a cold which sucks. But I've also been sorting through ideas and coming up with some new things for the armor as a whole. Some videos I have watched have inspired me even more LOL! Along with a certain book that explains how Mandalorian's tend to wear armor of those who have fallen in combat or can no longer fight anymore. Thinking of some incorporating with those ideas while sticking with my initial idea and color scheme.

More to come in due time.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!