Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: BC Troopers welcome here!  (Read 4538 times)

BC Troopers welcome here!
« on: Oct 09, 2011, 04:14 PM »
We sort of took over the Roll Call thread so I started a new thread here for our back and forth.
Taking on the Leadership branch as the Official member here, I'll let you know a little about myself and the costuming community in BC.

Myself,
I started off costuming as a member of the 501st Canadian Garrison just prior SWC II in 2002.
I am a multi member of the 501st, Rebel Legion, Mando Mercs, and several smaller groups.
I have attended some major trooping events such as;
-  Star Wars Celebration 2, 3, 4, 5, and will be going to 6
-  The 2007 New Years Rose Bowl Parade,
-  3 Dragon cons,
-  4 Fan Expo's (Toronto), and
-  a plethora of smaller cons from Halifax, Vancouver, Seattle, Victoria, Calgary, and San Francisco.

I have participated in the formation of the Outerrim Squad of BC, the Capital City Squad of Ottawa, later upgraded to a Garrison,
I was the Executive Officer of the Canadian Garrison, and supplied patches and coins to same and the Squads.

Costuming in BC
Is small but showing signs of growth.  We have had for a long time Medieval re-enactment clubs in BC, but is not of great interest to me so my knowledge is limited, but I have contacts,
Steampunk is the new in thing, there is a con that has been held consistently for 2 years in a row in Victoria, and events in Vancouver,
The Outerrim Squad has had recent boost in membership in the last 2-3 years, membership in Vancouver, and the Okanagan has seen the greatest increase, I returned from Ottawa last July to Victoria, and although some members have lost interest, we have 2 new members one in Victoria, and Nanaimo, as well as a potential new member close to where I live who is interested in building a Boba Fett.
Fan Expo (although a literary con) has been the one consistent con to re-occur yearly in all of BC therefore the ORS has been attending it for the last 5 years, as the place for us all togather, last year members of BC and Alberta's Ghost Buster franchise was in attendance and both groups got along quite well.

short break more to follow

Strength an Honour

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
    • Awards
Re: BC Troopers welcome here!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2012, 11:13 AM »
Alright let's get some guys signing in here! I know we have some more B.C. guys here on the forums.
-Unofficially the Unofficial Secretary of the Unofficial BC Clan-

My Helmet

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Zophar Ptay

• MMCC-999 MAJIC-054
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Nope.. it really doesn't seem like it.   Every once in a while we get someone pop in for four or five posts and disappear.  I'm finally in a position to start work on my kit in earnest but worn but trying to switch my sleep cycle over to the new job at the moment.  Hopefully I'll pick up the fiberglassing supplies this weekend and maybe gets a few test pieces glassed to play around with it.
Late Crusader Comm/Techie kit WIP

There are three things you can never trust:  a weather report, the canteen menu, and intel.

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Dresdon Acacin

• Full Metal Mando
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2012, 11:47 AM »
I used to live in BC-and should I need besbev'shevla NB I'll be in BC.
"Its one thing to hear me coming, stopping me is an entirely separate matter" -Dresdon Acacin

MAD: 034
VC: 003 Graduate
MA: 091-24'er
KOMS: 014
BEARDS: 094
ALUMINATI: 000 - FMM
MA of the week: x2
UM Troops: 20
OM Troops: 26

Thread Directory
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=42825.0

ACACIN ARMOURIES
EXTREME DURABILITY METAL WEAPONS & ARMOUR

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=61994.0
SEE SALES THREAD ABOVE

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Nope.. it really doesn't seem like it.   Every once in a while we get someone pop in for four or five posts and disappear.  I'm finally in a position to start work on my kit in earnest but worn but trying to switch my sleep cycle over to the new job at the moment.  Hopefully I'll pick up the fiberglassing supplies this weekend and maybe gets a few test pieces glassed to play around with it.

Well I know that the guy who won the Dolob Mendo auction is in Kelowna and I'm pretty sure Mr. Marrow Sun is also a B.C. resident so we have a few

EDIT: ...So if you are from B.C. and you happen upon this thread, don't be afraid to post and let yourself be known!  ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2012, 06:56 PM by Serim Merec »

My Helmet

Thaxos

• Moose'alor
  • Beard'alor
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Well I know that the guy who won the Dolob Mendo auction is in Kelowna and I'm pretty sure Mr. Marrow Sun is also a B.C. resident so we have a few

EDIT: ...So if you are from B.C. and you happen upon this thread, don't be afraid to post and let yourself be known!  ;)

Marrow Sun seems to very rarely be active on forums, he had popped up for a bit on TDH and has since vanished.

Though definitely, I would love to see some more members out in BC!
How many of you do we have out there currently?
The office of the Tech Officer is still processing a large amount of work.
There will be a significant delay in processing your requests.

Thank you for your continued patience.

-----

-----
Name Change Requirements

Zophar Ptay

• MMCC-999 MAJIC-054
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2012, 07:39 PM »
we seem to have three or four occasional visitors but no OMs other than The Red Mandalorian who is out Victoria way.  I'm in Vancouver, and Serim is in Summerland... that, I believe, is the extent of our retinue at this point.

There are three things you can never trust:  a weather report, the canteen menu, and intel.

Thaxos

• Moose'alor
  • Beard'alor
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2012, 07:56 PM »
we seem to have three or four occasional visitors but no OMs other than The Red Mandalorian who is out Victoria way.  I'm in Vancouver, and Serim is in Summerland... that, I believe, is the extent of our retinue at this point.

Well if you and Serim can get official, you'd have enough for a squad.

As well, for large events like conventions, I don't see why you couldn't get some Mercs from Washington to head on up for the events.
I know they get a decent number of 501st down from BC for their events.
(If anyone is headed to ECCC in Seattle this coming weekend, I'll see you there  ;))

-----

-----
Name Change Requirements

Zophar Ptay

• MMCC-999 MAJIC-054
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Indeed.  I hope to be OM by C6, and intend to so most of my trooping down in Seattle since I am so close to the border.

Thaxos

• Moose'alor
  • Beard'alor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Indeed.  I hope to be OM by C6, and intend to so most of my trooping down in Seattle since I am so close to the border.

Awesome, you have a WIP thread?

-----

-----
Name Change Requirements

Zophar Ptay

• MMCC-999 MAJIC-054
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Awesome, you have a WIP thread?

▼ Indeed.  In my sig  :D

also a facebook with a little more progress pictured, but not much.

Currently have my hands on some fibergalss and waiting for a day off which has nice weather [seems to be an exceedingly rare combination these days in Raincouver] to try it out on a shoulder.  Helmet may end up too small so I might have to remake it, but I don't want to ruin the 'glass on it so I'll practice on a shoulder first
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2012, 09:16 PM by Zophar Ptay »

Thaxos

• Moose'alor
  • Beard'alor
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2012, 09:32 PM »
▼ Indeed.  In my sig  :D

also a facebook with a little more progress pictured, but not much.

Currently have my hands on some fibergalss and waiting for a day off which has nice weather [seems to be an exceedingly rare combination these days in Raincouver] to try it out on a shoulder.  Helmet may end up too small so I might have to remake it, but I don't want to ruin the 'glass on it so I'll practice on a shoulder first

Ahh, guess I must have just glanced over the sig.

Taking a look at the WIP now.

-----

-----
Name Change Requirements

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Well if you and Serim can get official, you'd have enough for a squad...

Well unfortunatley I'm only 16 in May so it'll be a couple years 'till I can be Official but I will try to be active anyway and bring some more people to the Mercs.

My Helmet

Zophar Ptay

• MMCC-999 MAJIC-054
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Well unfortunatley I'm only 16 in May so it'll be a couple years 'till I can be Official but I will try to be active anyway and bring some more people to the Mercs.

Kids these days, always slacking off.. when I was your age, I was 18 already!  Lazy kids don't know how good they have it!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Kids these days, always slacking off.. when I was your age, I was 18 already!  Lazy kids don't know how good they have it!

Wait what? How am I lazy?  :P

My Helmet

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!