Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Scuba mando

• 12 Replies
Scuba mando
« on: Oct 31, 2011, 10:35 PM »
I'm trying 2 make a oxy tank/propeller backpack 4 my scuba mando any suggestions on an easy way 2 go about making it?

Re: Scuba mando
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2011, 12:09 PM »
sorry idk how to go about it but it sound like a good idea can wait to see more

« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:17 PM »
First of all, try spelling words rather than using numbers.  It gives people the impression you are serious about what you are doing.

Anyway, you could try using 2 or 3 litre bottles as the base.  It would give that nice oblong appearance.  Face them down and attach them to a center object.  Use your imagination for what that could be.  You can then attach the "thrust" nozzles to the bottoms.  Hopefully this could give you an idea as to a direction to head.

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:23 PM »
FInd some sort of medium sized hard shell backpack, get and attach 2 of the largest litre soda bottles you can to the sides of the pack, buy 2 mini desk fans and use those as well. Good luck

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2011, 05:12 PM »
I have just the Tanks for this ...... They are a Super soaker 2000 or similar tanks .

I pick it up at Goodwill for $1.50 ..... but they are everywhere pretty cheap .

Problem is , these are mine for another pack I'm building .... but anyway that's what I'd use.  ;)

Good luck with your Build Vod  ......

Got any Concept pics ? or are you winging it ?

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

rdhawk

• Dont laugh, it works.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Yeah, if you can get some concept images, no matter how bad you think you draw, we can give more specific ideas. Otherwise, we can all give you different thoughts.

But yeah, something with dual tanks would be good for a forced-ox system, just get a connection going from pack to bucket.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2011, 08:07 PM »
Long ago there was a SCUBA Mando by the name of Runi Ne'tra. He's since retired, but if I remember correctly he had a hard pack with tubes that attached to his helmet and long "fins" that ran the length of the pack and a few inches beyond. I tried searching his name, but nothing came up as far as a thread or anything of the sort.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2011, 04:02 PM »
Awsome thanks for the help!

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Long ago there was a SCUBA Mando by the name of Runi Ne'tra. He's since retired, but if I remember correctly he had a hard pack with tubes that attached to his helmet and long "fins" that ran the length of the pack and a few inches beyond. I tried searching his name, but nothing came up as far as a thread or anything of the sort.

It was actually a normal backplate with two car fender flares and two car mirrors attached together with a hose.  Not necessarily "scuba" but the curved "fins" do add a bit of a scuba look.

Kartan

« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2011, 11:04 AM »
In some of the last clone wars episodes they had scuba clone troopers and stuff like that.....
I think there are some cool ideas in it!

« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Their was a section in the beginning of "Cestus Deception" where there was a training exercise underwater too.

« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Don't forget about nos drink bottles for the cap covers alone and I always loved an inverted simply orange oj bottle.

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2012, 10:04 AM »
I started a SCUBA Mando, but switched to a Ship-Captainish Mando. But for my Oxygen tank, I took a large, older vacuum with a removable canister, and took out the canister, and had 2 cardboard cylinders, but that's where I stopped. I got aggravated and built what I have now.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!