Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Mercs introduces "Freelancer's Guild".

• 53 Replies

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Mandalorian Mercs introduces "Freelancer's Guild".
« on: Nov 01, 2011, 11:04 AM »

Mandalorian Mercs is proud to announce a new program for Official Members who are presently without a Clan or Squad in their area:  Freelancer's Guild.

The Council realizes that official members of Mercs not attached to clans or squads also desire representation within the chain of command.  With that in mind, the Council set forth to create a special group to represent those members.

Led by a member-elected "Guildmaster", the Freelancer's Guild is a globe-spanning group within Mercs that gives a "Clan-like" identity to Official Members who are generally unrepresented within the Clan/Squad structure of the Mercs organization.  Members within the Freelancer's Guild will also be encouraged to form their own local Clan/Squad, and find the tools and help to do that much easier. 

Official Members who are currently not in an official Clan/Squad and would like to apply for membership into the Freelancer's Guild, please contact the Guildmaster and let him know you would like to be part of the Freelancer's Guild.  You will then be assigned to the group that gives you access to the Freelancer's Guild board where you can communicate with other members of the guild.

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2012, 08:13 AM by Biohazard » Logged
I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Mandalorian Mercs introduces "Freelancer's Guild".
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2011, 11:22 AM »
Sweeet ....... I'm in for that ....

Thanks Mand'alor .....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Klynn Targh

• Fan favorite Wampa
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Thats a neat idea!

Aliit orishya taldin.

Synnr Falco

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2011, 11:38 AM »

Kandosii! I think this is a great idea!

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Good news for those who have yet to form a clan! OYA!

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Very nice

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2011, 12:01 PM »
Yes, excellent idea, Novall. This adds another level of cohesion to the Mercs.  :)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Iviin'kyr Falco

• Omae wa mou shindeiru!
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Great idea.  This gives "everyvode" a home till they can form up.   8)

-David (TrooperPX)

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ , DZ, TX

Iviin'kyr Falco #0412 : Hukaatir Falco #0412b : Mando Hood #0421c : SaaSa TsuTsu'Ku #0421d
M.A.J.I.C. #075 : K.M.B. #10 : M.A. #042 : E.M.T.S. #50 : B.O.O.M. #25 : M.A.R.S. #53 : M.I.B. #21 : MVS #7 : N.D.W.O. #17 : N.H. #8 : GBOTG #14 : XMG #14 : TCB #39 : VBV #18

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2011, 12:34 PM »
This idea would be the brain-child of our Alor, Darian Ordo.   ;D

El Kabong29

• Mercs mount up! We got a bounty to hunt!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:15 PM »
As one of those that falls into this group, I applaud the formation of the Freelancers Guild!

*Under construction*

Tobias Creed

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:40 PM »
I'm confused. I thought that was what the Regional Commander was for. Is there going to be an RC and a Guild Master within the region?

« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:43 PM »
I would like to apply to the freelancers guild

Big Al

Ordo Dar"veyn

• Formerly Merric Narvell
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Awesome! Too bad a clan might be probable up here in WI, but still. This is an awesome thing for all those loners out there.

Vode, gotal"ur tal"galar. Gotal"ur kar"taylir chaabar.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:54 PM »
I'm confused. I thought that was what the Regional Commander was for. Is there going to be an RC and a Guild Master within the region?

This was something we sort of struggled with in the Council, because of the quandary you just brought up.  Guildmaster at this point in time will only have the powers of a Clan Leader. The GM will be able to work with all RC's if necessary.  

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:55 PM »
I would like to apply to the freelancers guild

Big Al

Become an official member, and if there are no clans/squads in your area then you'll have that opportunity.

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2011, 02:16 PM »
This...is a great idea.  :)

Jorg Mereel

• There are far worse things awaiting man than death
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Great initiative!

A couple of questions... so, first you become official, then you join the Guild... would this make you a local "promoter" working towards the creation of a Squad/Clan? In other words, would you be doing recruitment work?

Then, once said Squad/Clan is formed, would you be removed from the Guild (not being a "loner" anymore)?

Cheers!

Ordo Dar"veyn

• Formerly Merric Narvell
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2011, 02:55 PM »
Great initiative!

A couple of questions... so, first you become official, then you join the Guild... would this make you a local "promoter" working towards the creation of a Squad/Clan? In other words, would you be doing recruitment work?

Then, once said Squad/Clan is formed, would you be removed from the Guild (not being a "loner" anymore)?

Cheers!

It would make sense if it worked like that. That's what I thought when I read the description.

Vode, gotal"ur tal"galar. Gotal"ur kar"taylir chaabar.

Dana Black

• Erlaubt ist, was gefällt
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2011, 03:45 PM »
That might be an option for us in the Netherlands, as well...

"Only" have to finish my armor and apply for official membership...

QMU #021

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2011, 03:54 PM »

Cheers!

Yes, Freelancers will work very much like this.  While in Freelancer's, your still part of a larger group but will have access to the same tools and items that other Clans/Squads have access to.  This way, getting promotional materials will be a bit easier than trying it is currently.  Once a clan/squad forms in your area, then you would leave Freelancers to join that clan/squad. 

Mav Nexu

• The BULL Nexu
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Mando-Tough - Winner of the Celebration VI pushup competition Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2011, 04:02 PM »
You also don't get to apply for the Freelancer's Guild if you live in an area that is already covered by a squad/clan.... if I'm reading this correct.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #21 on: Nov 01, 2011, 04:19 PM »
If you are currently in a clan or squad, you cannot be in the Freelancer's Guild.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Nov 01, 2011, 04:30 PM »
If you are currently in a clan or squad, you cannot be in the Freelancer's Guild.

No, but you can be in the new Freeloader's Guild.  ;D

Rob

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #23 on: Nov 01, 2011, 04:32 PM »
No, but you can be in the new Freeloader's Guild.  ;D

Rob

I didn't know that was a new thing?!  You've always been in the Guildmaster of the Freeloader's Rob. =D

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
« Reply #24 on: Nov 01, 2011, 04:35 PM »
I didn't know that was a new thing?!  You've always been in the Guildmaster of the Freeloader's Rob. =D

;D :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!