Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Spanner Murraan - through the Ages....  (Read 5096 times)

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
Spanner Murraan - through the Ages....
« on: Nov 13, 2011, 10:53 PM »
So I thought I would put some pics of my armor up in its 3 main configurations...

V1.0

This was the first real incarnation with the black Flightsuit, and mauser pouches (I later switched to black canvas pouches.

V1.5
Upgraded to a grey flightsuit, and added a butt flap!

V2.0
My newest version is a complete Ground-up rebuild utilizing elements of both Modern and Legacy, improved weathering techniques, and over 1 year in the build process...

I am constantly looking to improve my armor, and will be making a few minor upgrades to V2.0, but I think ths one is going to last me a good long while. 

comments are always appreciated.

#TheKnifehandAwakens

"Son, the only thing I NEED to do is stay Red and Die."

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
    • My youtube channel
    • Awards
Re: Spanner Murraan - through the Ages....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2011, 12:32 AM »
OMG that is so beautiful!!!!!!

Ohl'd Vart

• Head Hooch of the Gabrin Kinoda Hootchie Brigade
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Ohl'd Vart's New Facebook page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2011, 11:16 AM »
Nice moves in that last pic. bro!  ;D

Rob
"This, too, shall pass." - Abraham Lincoln, 1859

Founding member of the BVC 2007/Alor'Ad 2007-2013 (MMCC Catalog No. 0046)

BVC Tutorial thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52355.0

Caput gerat lupinum  ("Let His be a Wolf's Head")

Hondo Karr

• Formerly 'Falin Skirata'
  • Head Shot Props formerly Skirata Arms
  • Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2011, 12:26 PM »
You know I'm a fan. I do have 2 critiques to offer though. 1 is CRL related and 1 is personal preference...

1. The knee's look like stock Home Depot knee's. They woul dmake a fine base for comfort and fit but, they need something over the face of them. To make them nice and finished and still functional, the hard hat would work great there as you can actually kneel on it and it takes a beating well. With the foam backing you would have some actual comfort from them.

2. Personal prefereance is on the belt, I think your leather rig in appearance and color looked alot better than the current ammo belt.

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2011, 12:28 PM »
You know I'm a fan. I do have 2 critiques to offer though. 1 is CRL related and 1 is personal preference...

1. The knee's look like stock Home Depot knee's. They woul dmake a fine base for comfort and fit but, they need something over the face of them. To make them nice and finished and still functional, the hard hat would work great there as you can actually kneel on it and it takes a beating well. With the foam backing you would have some actual comfort from them.

2. Personal prefereance is on the belt, I think your leather rig in appearance and color looked alot better than the current ammo belt.

The knees were a temp thing for this one troop.  I am in the process of making some new ones.  They are not stock Home depot, but they still do not work.

The belt is also a hold-out until i get some more funds.  Money just ran out for the belt I want.  My old leather pouches have been repurposed for JJ's kit.

#TheKnifehandAwakens

Hondo Karr

• Formerly 'Falin Skirata'
  • Head Shot Props formerly Skirata Arms
  • Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2011, 12:30 PM »
I kinda figured that was the case on both counts.

Not that it looks bad but, I know your eye for stuff and kinda figured they were place holders so you could trial by fire the costume.

Lovin it though!

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2011, 12:47 PM »
Usually, as a ruus'alor, I wouldnt let that slide, but this was a low profile event, we needed Bodies, and the costume needed a trial run before the televised Dallas Christmas Parade.

#TheKnifehandAwakens

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2012, 01:00 AM »
Necro! ;)

Hey Spanner I have to say your kit is awsome!!! It ranks as one of my top 5 favorite costumes in the club!
-Unofficially the Unofficial Secretary of the Unofficial BC Clan-

My Helmet

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2012, 01:55 AM »
Thanks man.  I appreciate it.

More updates coming soon, so dont touch that dial!

#TheKnifehandAwakens

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2012, 02:09 PM »
More updates coming soon, so don't touch that dial!

O.O *Quickly pulls hand away from the dial* You wizard! How'd you know I was gonna change?  :laugh:

(On topic) I gotta say, I really do think that because of your kit, the Legacy style is starting to grow on me a little bit...

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2012, 02:49 PM »
I gotta say, I really do think that because of your kit, the Legacy style is starting to grow on me a little bit...

I will echo this! I am deffinately making a legacy kit some day!
-Unofficially the Unofficial Secretary of the Unofficial BC Clan-

My Helmet

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

IronMando

• Doofus
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
Mandalorian Merc # 0294
"It is that which makes us different that brings us together."

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: Sep 17, 2012, 03:34 PM »
A few updated pics

#TheKnifehandAwakens

Jesse Libarra

• M.A. #028, Mini Mando #05
    • Boerne UPC
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: Sep 17, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Looks really nice, Spanner :)

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

I do commissions!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Awesome Pics Vod ;D

M.A.J.I.C. #018   M.A.B.E.L. #011  M.A. #006  24er  The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #005  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!