Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Destroyer's U.S. Army kit WIP (start to finish)

• 91 Replies

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Destroyer's U.S. Army kit WIP (start to finish)
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2011, 12:08 AM »
Awesome! Make me want to add a little USAF flare to my Mando Pilot wip.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2011, 01:26 AM »
I got to meet and troop with him at Fan Days. I'm not a big fan of clean armor. I like Boba's look over Deathstar stationed TK's. But, this armor is very eye catching in person. It's a very well done kit and I really dig it. Of course, if he added a couple dings and scratches and took a good roll in the mud...  8)

Simo Vandorak

• M.A.D. 007 "Vandorak. Simo, Vandorak"
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2011, 01:37 AM »
Coming from a family with a long history of military service, and an avid supporter of the US Armed Forces, I officially (;)) declare this kit to be kandosii!
Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum: Charles, Edwin, Mandy, Shanti, Charley, Missy

"In my experience, vod, there are two things that have remained constant and infinite: human pettiness and human stupidity. High explosives solve both." ~ Buurenaar B'enceri

"When you can't run anymore: you crawl. And when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you." Tracey, Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Zoe Washburn ~ Firefly

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Love the Kit Vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:09 PM »
I am former Army and this is great!  Awesome job!

Reilic Tralem

• Goora'briirud'kad
« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Awesome kit and awesome tribute!
M.A.J.I.C #68
M.A. #044

I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees.

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2011, 05:03 PM »
Thanks everyone.. I was proud to do it.. Kinda started a trend with my local squad, I have one working on his kit with a NAVY theme going to do a Sub-Mando, and another working on his as MARINES. We also have one that will be submitting his real soon that is a County Sheriff and his kit looks like his uniform in color.

Destroyer

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Great work mate, plus im looking forward to seeing the rest of your squad's work.

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2011, 06:57 PM »
GREAT kit! I'm a veteran as well, and totally dig how you managed to incorporate so many 'real' world elements while keeping it Star Wars... I was also thinking of ways to blend my service with my kit, you've given me a few things to think about!
OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:07 PM »
That makes me feel good that so many like what I did with it.

Destroyer

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:29 PM »
I think this would be a great idea for a group or brigade for tribute armour to all the different forces around the world.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Two words: DO, and LIKE.  ;D

:::EDIT:::

Derp. I forgot to ask how and what you used to cut out the visor. I have a regular Boba helmet and about... 2 or 3 visors that still need some minor assistance.  :-\ :rolleyes:
Thanks!
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2011, 08:26 AM by Calo Ordoa » Logged

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
« Reply #28 on: Nov 28, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Destroyer, are those issue boots? If so, what are they called? I like the chunky look they have. I'm probably going to use a pair of custom-made black jungle boots for my kit. I had them made while stationed in Korea, and went with the sharktooth soles. I left the military back in 2004, right before you guys got all the fresh new gear, so I'm not real familiar with it!
OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #29 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:15 PM »
The boots are a pair of BATES I picked up at a local sporting goods store. More like what law enforcement use. Real comfy!

Chris

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!