Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Destroyer's U.S. Army kit WIP (start to finish)

• 91 Replies

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Destroyer's U.S. Army kit WIP (start to finish)
« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:29 PM »
I think this would be a great idea for a group or brigade for tribute armour to all the different forces around the world.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Two words: DO, and LIKE.  ;D

:::EDIT:::

Derp. I forgot to ask how and what you used to cut out the visor. I have a regular Boba helmet and about... 2 or 3 visors that still need some minor assistance.  :-\ :rolleyes:
Thanks!

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2011, 08:26 AM by Calo Ordoa » Logged

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Nov 28, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Destroyer, are those issue boots? If so, what are they called? I like the chunky look they have. I'm probably going to use a pair of custom-made black jungle boots for my kit. I had them made while stationed in Korea, and went with the sharktooth soles. I left the military back in 2004, right before you guys got all the fresh new gear, so I'm not real familiar with it!

OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:15 PM »
The boots are a pair of BATES I picked up at a local sporting goods store. More like what law enforcement use. Real comfy!

Chris

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #30 on: Nov 29, 2011, 10:05 AM »
The boots are a pair of BATES I picked up at a local sporting goods store. More like what law enforcement use. Real comfy!

Chris
Nice, thanks man! Might have to go looking at boots later...

OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Here is my armor with the Cancer awareness plate on. It turned out so much better than I thought it would.

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2011, 10:11 PM »
Gnarly, man! I am absolutely in love with your kit!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:43 AM »
AWE...

Wait for it...

SOME!!!

Repeating myself here but... GREAT kit Destroyer!

« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2011, 04:12 PM »
NO MAMES!!!! or in English: Impressive, most impressive. All the KIT is just awesome, but my jaw hit the floor with the helmet and the gauntlets. Amazing bro, just amazing... I envy you so much ;D

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: Dec 06, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Question. The hoses on the gaunts, they're elastic tubing right? I just might "steal" this idea..! ;)

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #38 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Ya they are... nice and flexible.. When I get home from work I'll post pics of the connectors. The hoses are permanently attached to the shirt and detach from the gauntlets. The hose can swivel at the back of the gauntlet, so as I rotate my arm the hose don't  bunch up or try to lock my arm into position.

Thanks

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #39 on: Dec 07, 2011, 01:11 AM »
Used brass fittings and latex hose

The hose is attached to the back of the shirt just between the shoulders

The shirt has a loop that just above the elbow that the hose runs through

The gauntlets have another brass fitting that is a pipe closer. A hole was drilled through and a screw & bolt was put in to allow the fitting to rotate, much like a garden hose.

Hope this helped.

Thanks everyone for checking out my work. If anyone wants to find me on Facebook just look up Chris Duke.

Chris

« Reply #40 on: Dec 08, 2011, 12:49 PM »
There are like 500 billions of Chris Dukes on FB, any hint? I would like to add you, your work is simple stunning!

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #41 on: Dec 08, 2011, 12:58 PM »
LOL... try Chris Duke Tulsa, Oklahoma.

My profile pic always bounces between me in a costume or a black and white pic of me wearing sun glasses.

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011, 09:43 AM by DESTROYER / BLACK » Logged

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #42 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:45 AM »
this is an incredible set of armor. well done sir.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2011, 02:32 PM »
Okay.... Well you now have made my top 5 list. Congratulations lol.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Kardos Shantiel

« Reply #45 on: Dec 09, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Any new pics? Or updates?

Armor:

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #46 on: Dec 09, 2011, 04:14 PM »
I will be starting yet another new kit soon... Destroyer V2.

I plan on redoing this kit by making a new set of gauntlets, New helmet, Re-do of all the plates fully textured out like I have done with my shoulder plates, but will keep with the same colors. I will be drawing out my patterns for my plates soon. I also am looking at starting a Cad Bane as well as a life size Wall-E. Right now I'm focused on helping some of my local mandos get their gear up and running.

Here is another costume that I have done that I'm very proud of.

Kroenen from HellBoy

Kardos Shantiel

« Reply #47 on: Dec 09, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Love them both

Armor:

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #49 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:11 AM »
Did he join the Army Air Corps? :D

Looks great, as always.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!