Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Destroyer's U.S. Army kit WIP (start to finish)

• 91 Replies

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Destroyer's U.S. Army kit WIP (start to finish)
« Reply #50 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:29 AM »
Thanks!

For me it's just a "jump pack" not a "jet pack" It's just to give me the drop on a target.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #51 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:31 AM »
perhaps Air Cav, then :D   When do you start an Air Force themed kit?! :D

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #53 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:36 AM »
I guess we had Jango to represent us with his silver and blue.   Great kit, mate.I hope I can make one to rival it one day.  Cheers!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.

Mirdala

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #55 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:49 AM »
Don't we have someone in our area thinking about doing a Naval and a Marine kit?

I like the jet-pack BTW.

OM // 2011-Present
Art Team // 2015-2018
PR Team // 2016-2018
Ruus'alor // 2012
Ver'alor // 2012, 2016-2017
Alor'ad // 2012-2014
Archive Team // 2014-2018
Tech Team // 2017-2018

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #56 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:51 AM »
I'm imagining your kama being set on fire by the jet pack hehehhehe

Looks awesome dude. You going to make it to C6? I'd love to troop with you.

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #57 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:21 AM »
Compressed air.. No fire hazard... lol.. I'm really going to try and be there.. I may have to pimp myself out to get the money for it. lol

Mirdala

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #58 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:30 AM »
So with your new thighs are you planning on going heavy with this kit?

OM // 2011-Present
Art Team // 2015-2018
PR Team // 2016-2018
Ruus'alor // 2012
Ver'alor // 2012, 2016-2017
Alor'ad // 2012-2014
Archive Team // 2014-2018
Tech Team // 2017-2018

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
« Reply #59 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:32 AM »
That jump pack is just to awsome! :D

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #60 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:45 AM »
Mirdala Ad'Goran... Ya I don't know that I'm going as far to be called "HEAVY" but heavier yes.

And just to throw a back story in there... notice the blue light on the back of the jump pack. That's a shield generator from a DESTROYER droid. I modified a jet pack by taking out the flight portion of it, replacing it with a smaller system for jump propulsion and integrated the shield generator... Why I'm called DESTROYER.

That's my nerd! lol

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #61 on: Jan 02, 2012, 02:07 AM »
Yessss I love the nerdyness.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #62 on: Jan 02, 2012, 04:29 AM »
Awesome sauce :D love the shield generator Vod. 

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #63 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Love the new addition  ;) . To me, a mando isn't complete without the jetpack  ;D . i also like the idea of the shield generator. Jango and Boba could've learnt from that  :laugh: .

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #64 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:30 AM »
I really love the look of your kit! 8) Everything from head to toe is just so well done! I'm gonna have to show my husband your kit and it's subtle nod to the military, it might just help me get him to agree to finally get kitted up.

Oh by the way, I loved this comment, made me bust out laughing! :laugh:
I'm really going to try and be there.. I may have to pimp myself out to get the money for it. lol

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #65 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:29 PM »
Thank you Seugtai, I have been watching you build too and it is just amazing.

« Reply #66 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:50 PM »
Chris: gotta tell you that you are a BIG inspiration for me. Thanks for sharing, so far, your Mandalorian kit is my favorite. Happy new year! 8)

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #68 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:42 PM »
First off, LOVE the kit!  Looks really great, all ties together well, and I really like the tribute.  :)

Second, where'd you get that kit for your gaunts?  LOVE them!!  I might look into getting those at some point, I like them so much!

Third... that Kroenen costume is BOSS.

Kandosii, ner vod!

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #69 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:46 PM »
The gauntlets are Man Of War off of ebay. I used a modified Jango blaster instead of the usual Boba Fett flame thrower.

Thanks for the complements. 

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #70 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Hey, this is themed after the U.S. Army, isn't it? What rank is the kit, then? Lieutenant? If so... Lt. Daaaaaan, ice cream!

Love Forrest Gump.  :)

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #72 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:33 PM »
Sorry, been saying that all day. -_-

Tyno Krast

• Easy way or hard way? Either way, I get paid.
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #73 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:53 AM »
I'm a former US Army Combat Engineer so big /salute to you for doing this! I know it means a lot to everyone who has served or still serving!

One question....how did you mount your JP? Not sure what make yours is. Mine is a Jango Arena pack from BFUK.

Thanks! and again...great rig!

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
« Reply #74 on: Jan 05, 2012, 02:42 AM »
Thank you so much that honors me to hear that people have liked my work. The Jetpack is a Jango arena from Man Of War off of ebay. Really is well built. I have it bolted directly onto my back plate and sewn straps to the inside of my vest that snap onto straps that are hooked to the hips of my pants (keeps the weight of the pack from pulling it back)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!