Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

THE Jodo Kast "Bible"

• 10 Replies
THE Jodo Kast "Bible"
« on: Nov 23, 2011, 12:03 AM »
So you want to build a Jodo Kast costume... now, do you want to build *a* Jodo Kast Costume or THE Jodo Kast costume?!?! Well, after TONS of research, trial and error, I am now sharing my research, secrets and knowledge with you so YOU too can achieve an AWESOME and ACCURATE Jodo Kast.

Now, this is my own personal rendition of a "CRL" and is what I did which got me approved as the first Jodo in the Mercs and the 4th in the 501st. Andy Mangels (sudo-creator/writer of Twin Engine of Destruction) is a good buddy of mine and personally 'blessed' my Jodo as being "extremely accurate". A special thanks to Jodo 3 on the BHG for writing the first unofficial CRL which opened up the door for alot of us. This is my rewritten and refined version. I plan on also listing my advice for each part below this all here shortly. Here we go!!!!!!

Costume: Jodo Kast “Twin Engines of Destruction” version

I. HELMET

A. MATERIAL: Vinyl, Resin, Fiberglass or Metal. NO unmodded toy helmets or Rubies Boba Fett one pieces.
B. COLOR: Overall is Deep Forest Green (Rustoleum - 1919), Safety Yellow (Rustoleum 203024 with EXTREMELY light misting of Valspar Orange 650180) and Silver (Valspar). Cheeks and back of helmet is still Deep Forest Green but with LIGHT Misting of Flat Black (Valspar 65050) to give it a slightly darker tint than the rest of the green. Lighty mist helmet with flat black for 'carbon scoring'. 
C. REQUIRED-
1. The helmet must not have any dents. If you use a helmet that has one, you must fill hole and make it absolutely gone and not visible in any way.
2. The helmet must have a Boba/Jango style range finder located on the right side. On the top of the range finder, you must have a small black circular disk.
3. The helmet must have a Black single piece visor identical to Boba/Jango Fett.
4. The helmet will have buttons on the back NOT keyslots. Though it appears to be like Boba/Jango's helmet, it's not. 5 or 6 square buttons will be accepted.
5. 10-12 kill stripes will be located on the left side of the helmet starting halfway over the left eye. Each stripe should be approx 1/2" wide and 1 1/2" tall and shall be sunrise red (Rustoleum 7762).
6. A Bordon Connector or something similar in appearance must me installed on the right cheek area if not present on helmet already.
7. Helmet must have silver battle damage. Jodo's helmet in TEOD has medium damage to it. Damage should NOT mimic in any way ESB or ROTJ Boba Fett.

II. FLIGHT SUIT/ANKLE SPATS

A. MATERIAL: Cotton or Cotton blend.
B. COLOR: Dark Grey (Dickies 4870 in Dark Grey is identical match) with flat black (Valspar 65050) misting for 'carbon scoring'.
C. REQUIRED-
1. One peice flight suit with zipper down front.
2. One 7" by 7" cargo style thigh pouch located on the front of each leg halfway between knee and waist. Must have slanted flap which slants downwards to the inside of the leg.
3. Flight suit must have one long inner sleeve and one shorter outter sleeve attached. Outer sleave should be cleanly hemmed and end about 1 1/2" from elbow.
4. Flight suit must be dirty in appearance.
5. The legs shall be tapered and not flare out. Stirups and/or hidden velcro may be used in the boot to keep the flight suit from riding up.
6. Spats should cover the tops of the boots and be long enough to wrap around ankle and secure in back with Velcro.
7. The front of the spat should have a curved shape. The top of the splat should be located approx 1" from top of boot.

III. ARMOR VEST/NECK SEAL

A. MATERIAL: Cotton or Cotton blend
B. COLOR: Dark Grey (Dickies 4870 in Dark Grey is identical match) with flat black (Valspar 65050) misting for 'carbon scoring'.
C. REQUIRED-
1. Vest must be one peice with light padding.
2. The opening for the arms on the vest must have quilted half sleeve tops along the opening. The sleeve should be no more than halfway down your bicep and should not flare out.
3. The vest should end approx 1/2" after your abdomen armor ends, which is approx the bottom of the outside of your ribcage. Vest must be cleanly hemmed along the bottom.
4. Vest/Neck seal must be dirtied up and match fligh suit perfectly in color.
5. Vest/Neck seal must close and fasten up the back with either a zipper, velcro or hooks.
6. Neck Seal can be but does not have to be separate. Sewing the Neck Seal to the Jumpsuit is the most accurate.
7. Neck Seal should appear loser with wrinkles and folds.

IV. UPPER BODY ARMOR

A. MATERIAL: Plastic, Fiberglass or Metal
B. COLOR: Body Armor (Chest, Abdomen, Colar and Backplate) is Deep Forest Green (Rustoleum - 1919), Shoulders are Safety Yellow (Rustoleum 203024 with EXTREMELY light misting of Valspar Orange 650180) and flat black (Valspar 65050) misting for 'carbon scoring'.
C. REQUIRED-
1. The Chest and Abdomen armor will be Boba-style Chest armor with a  right and left Chest plate, center diamond, collar and abdomen.
2. The left chest plate will have 2 parallell cut outs backed with sunrise red (Rustoleum 7762) backing showing through. If a functioning Boba style chest display is used (optional), it shall be red and contain some pattern of blinking red lights or LED’s.
3. The right chest plate will have Jodo Kast's crest located in the upper left corner. Crest will be sunrise red (Rustoleum 7762). Great detail and time should be put into making this crest spot on.
4. The center diamond will have a sub-center rectangle.
5. Left shoulder will have the 'skull logo' in black centered on the plate.
6. The Collar should connect to the Back Plate on each side of the neck using straps or directly overlapping with screws or snaps.
7. Collar should have two "metal" collar studs installed on each side of collar
8. If a Jetpack harness is used, then two slots should be cut into the Back Plate, to allow for the harness straps. If the Jetpack is secured directly to the Back Plate, then no slots are needed.
9. All armor will have silver damage. Identically dented/damaged Boba Fett armor will NOT be accepted.

V. LOWER BODY ARMOR

A. MATERIAL: Plastic, Fiberglass or Metal
B. COLOR: Cod/Kidney Plate is Deep Forest Green (Rustoleum - 1919), Knees are Safety Yellow (Rustoleum 203024 with EXTREMELY light misting of Valspar Orange 650180) and flat black (Valspar 65050) misting for 'carbon scoring'.
C. REQUIRED-
1. Cod peice and kidney plate will connect on each side of the waist using straps or directly overlapping with screws, velcro, or snaps.
2. One "metal" collar stud should be installed on each side of the cod peice where it would connect to the kidney plate.
3. Cod peice and kidney plate will have a "boba thong" running from center of kidney plate to bottom of cod. Thong will be dark grey in color and made out of nylon webbing or similar material.
4. Knee armor should be Boba/Jango style knees and should wrap around the inner, front and outside of the knee with a dark grey elastic band around the back to hold armor in place.
5. The outer portion of the armor will house two silver “knee darts” on each.
6. All armor will have silver damage. Identically dented/damaged Boba Fett armor will NOT be accepted.

VI. BOOTS

A. MATERIAL: Canvas, with rubber tubing and flat rubber sole.
B. COLOR: Medium Grey with Black stripe, black ribbing and white sole. (Standard Boba Fett boot)
C. REQUIRED:
1. Boots must be ankle height and made of canvas or similar material.
2. Boots must have 4 ribbed lines running from top of boot to toe. Two on one side and two on the other.
3. Boots must have black elastic material on the inside and outside of the ankle area running verticle.
4. White rubber sole should be flat on the bottom and squared off at the toe.
5. Toe spikes are optional and not recommended due to only one image showing Jodo Kast with toes spikes.
6. Boots should be dirty in appearance with carbon building up above sole.

VII. GIRTH BELT

A. MATERIAL: Wool or Poly Blend. "Mohair" reccommended.
B. COLOR: Medium Brown
C. REQUIRED:
1. A Girth Belt is a 14 strand horseback riding saddle girth meant to be worn under the belly of a horse under the saddle.
2. Girth belt must be either dyed or painted medium brown.
3. Black or brown extension straps in the shape of the letter H should be connected to the girth buckles, and used to secure the girth belt around the waist securely.
4. The girth belt should have 8 ammo pouches grouped on the front of the belt, four on the left, four on the right. Each ammo pouch will be approx 3" tall in the back, 2 1/4" tall in the front, 3/4" deep and have a slanted edge from top to front. Each ammo pouch will close in the front.
5. Two strands (total of 4) will be connected from the center of the girth belt and run down to the belt accessories. The strands should attach behind plate with 'filter' on it and to top of box on the other plate.
6. Girth will be over flight suit starting at bottom of vest and end with a slight overlap of the cod peice.

VIII. AMMO BELT

A. MATERIAL: Vinyl or Leather (Leather preferred)
B. COLOR: Granite (Rustoleum 249078).
C. REQUIRED:
1. Belt should be approx 2 1/2" wide and with small stitched running parallel along the top and bottom edges.
2. The back of the belt should overlap itself (left over right) and be held together with Velcro.
3. Ammo belt should overlap cod/kidney armor about 1/2" and be over the girth belt.

IX. BELT ACCESSORIES

A: MATERIAL: Plastic, Resin, Wood or metal
B. COLOR: Brown (Rustoleum 214085), Granite (Rustoleum 249078), Black (Valspar 65050) and Silver.
C. REQUIRED:
1. Kast has 4 distinct belt accessories that are mounted on two plates and worn on a belt over the girthbelt. Extra time and detail should go into the construction and execution of these peices.
2. Both plates will be attached to the ammo belt securely with snaps, hooks, webbing or velcro.
3. Plate with 'filter' on it will be located on persons left side, plate with 'mini toaster' will be located on persons right side.

Known reference for making from scratch. Not required but recommended for extreme accuracy.
1. From left to right, the first accessory is a 3 piece put-together accessory consisting of a Radio Shack project box base. The size is 2.75 wide x 4.60 tall x 1 inch thick. The item number is # 270-211. The second part of the first accessory is a styrene copy of a standard toilet flapper that sits atop the project box. The third part of the accessory is a top of a sipper cup (found at your local Jewel food store) with a 1 and 3/4 hole cut in the top of it. That piece sits on top of the toilet flapper piece. Once the piece is assembled, the entire piece is weathered in brown.
2. The second accessory is a simple 4 x 4 box with a styrene template of 3 rectangular “slots” on the top of it. The “slots” measure 3inches high x 7/16th wide. The top of the box is painted silver, the bottom part is weathered brown. Both accessories are mounted to a styrene plate and belt loops are fashioned for the back. (See ref pics)
3. From left to right, the third belt accessory is made of 4 different parts. The first part is the top of a sipper cup (previously used) with a 1 and 3/4 hole cut in the top of it. That part sits on top of a standard AC Delco automotive oil filer part number # PF 53. The third part of the piece that sits behind the oil filter is a filed down lid of a peanuts jar. It is filed down to about 8 /16th wide. The last part of the accessory that sits behind the peanut jar lid is the cut down 3 inch tall version of the Radio shack project box. The entire accessory is painted grey.
4. The fourth accessory is a small rectangle square that sits above the main “oil filter” piece (see ref pics) with three smaller squares that sit in the main rectangle. The main rectangle piece is half of a black mini project box from Radio shack # 270-288. Its measurements are 2.125 x 1.375 x 0.580, The three squares that sit inside the project box are all Radio Shack found parts. The first is square 12v PC relay circuit #275-248A. The second is a 5v PC relay circuit #275-240. The third bottom piece is a rectangle piece from a Radio Shack 34 position computer connector #276-1525. All three sit inside the main piece and are painted black. Both are attached to main styrene plate and belt loops are fashioned for the back.

X. SIDEARM/HOLSTER GRENADES

A. MATERIAL: Wood, Resin or Hyperfirm rubber.
B. COLOR: Sidearm- Granite (Rustoleum 249078), Brown (Rustoleum 214085). Holster/grenade rings- Brown (Rustoleum 214085). Grenades- Sunrise Red (Rustoleum 7762), Granite (Rustoleum 249078).
C. REQUIRED:
1. Boba Fett ESB sidearm or item closely resembling it.is the exact same. Real world item is a small harpoon gun.  2. The holster can be made of brown leather or plastic and have three loops on the outside of the holster main body for 3 grenades.
3. The  grenades will have an oval top with a dark grey nose, a tube like body with a sunrise red (Rustoleum 7762) stripe around the entire center and small cap-like tube piece on the back end of it. Grenades will be glued in the loops.
4. Holster with weapon will hang on back right side of belt with blast handle facing inwards. Grenades will face outwards and be stacked verticly on holster.

XI. SHOULDER CAPE/GLOVES

A. MATERIAL: Cotton or Cotton Blend
B. COLOR: Cape- Brown. Gloves- Dark Grey and White.
C. REQUIRED:
1. The shoulder cape will be made of a tattered brown material and will be well worn.
2. The Cape shall be approx30” wide by 36” long with the corner of the Cape connecting to the outer left “collar stud” on the Collar Armor.
3. The base for the Gloves is a military parade style glove, dyed to color. Quilted fabric padding of the appropriate white color should be sewn to the backs of the hands and the backs of the fingers and thumbs. The main white padded piece on the top of the glove needs to be square in shape.

XII. GAUNTLETS

A. MATERIAL: Plastic, Fiberglass, or Metal.
B. COLOR: Safety Yellow (Rustoleum 203024 with EXTREMELY light misting of Valspar Orange 650180) and flat black (Valspar 65050) misting for 'carbon scoring'.
C. REQUIRED:
1. Basic Gauntlet construction shall wrap around the entire forearm, and either slips on over the hand or clamp on in a “clam shell” method.
2. The Left Gauntlet shall contain the following main components; flame thrower (rectangular box), rocket / missile, calc pad and dental expander with one hose connected from the gauntlet to the flight suit under the 'double sleeve' in a clean, non protruding manor.
3. The Right Gauntlet shall contain the following main components; grappling hook housing, darts, switches or switch holes, and 3 hose connections connecting to the flight suit under the 'double sleeve' in a clean, non protruding manor.
4. Gauntlets must have silver battle damage. Identically dented/damaged Boba Fett armor will NOT be accepted.

XIII. JETPACK

A. MATERIAL: Sintra, Styrene, Resin or Fiberglass.
B. COLOR: Front cover version - Flat Black Black (Valspar 65050), Red (Rustoleum 7762), White, and Granite (Rustoleum 249078). Inside version - Granite (Rustoleum 249078), Dark Grey (Rustoleum 249115) and Orange (Valspar 650180)Accents.
C. REQUIRED:
1. The Jetpack will have following main components; 1 main body (which includes 1 center tank and 2 fuel tanks), 1 center rocket / missile, 2 side thrusters / nozzles, 1 beacon light and 1 stabilizer.
2 The top missile of Kast`s jetpack shall be pointed with 4 rocket fins, equally spaced around the body of the top missile piece.
3. If a Jetpack harness is used, then the harness should be worn under the Vest, and holes should be put in the Vest and Back Plate to accommodate the harness straps.

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2012, 06:08 AM by Kibiri Foxx » Logged
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: THE Jodo Kast "Bible"
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2011, 12:28 AM »
What an outstanding resource for future attempts.   You could have made future Jodo-hopefuls work as hard as you did to get the info but making it one place in public shows a lot of class.  And Epicness. :D   Cheers!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2011, 12:36 AM »
Very nice!

It needs something like this...

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2011, 12:53 AM by Falin Skirata » Logged

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:04 AM »
Kandosii!

One suggestion for the reference pics: let your arms hang at your sides, the details of the belt pouches can't be seen clearly. :D

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:17 PM »
Thank you for posting the pics! I'm actually going to retake some pics here in the next week or so for one major reason- upon my submission, I forgot to attach my strands from my girth to my belt tools. It was a bonus and not required at the time, however, I have them done and attached now (as I forgot to pack them at PCBS also!!!!!!).

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2011, 03:37 AM »
Still waiting to get new pics, LOL. All the extra goodies have been added and updated to keep it the most accurate Jodo so far. Also, been researching casting and hope to experiment with it come this next week... if so, expect lots of Jodo stuff to be KAST. Get it? WHA WHA WHA

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2011, 05:03 AM »
Nice I'm eventually going to do a Jodo but not right now

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

JSnellArt

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2011, 07:29 PM »
I want one.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2011, 03:53 PM »
Well Jamie, you do happen to have the ultimate hookup on all Jodo Kast and Jodo Kast accessories...

Scar

• "Don't tread on me..."
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:56 AM »
That's nice & concise, thank you. Do you happen to have any/many more pic's?

« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2011, 06:52 PM by Scar » Logged
Hobbit's suck.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Add me of FB, there's a TON there...

www.facebook.com/foxx3159

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!