Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Poll

tabard or arm shield

tabard
2 (25%)
shield
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: Apr 23, 2014, 07:02 PM

I"M BBBAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! Mando Melee focus C.Q.C. Rebuild

• 166 Replies

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
I 100% agree.
;D 

I can't wait to see more ....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
WOW!!! One of the coolest chest armor, ever! Everything looks reeeeealy cool! Keep up the good work!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:
I'm thinking about changing my paintjob to more closely match my buy'ce, but not entirely sure if i really want to as im really wanting to keep the hard black look on the tan soft parts backdrop, so guys help me make up my mind. And thanks for all the compliments, nice to know im not totally screwing this up, see you soon with more updates

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
Lookin' AWESOME !!  :o

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!
just a teaser but i decided to keep the hard black look in my beskar'gam and darken my flightsuit to give me a more imposing look, hope it worked, anyway heres a teaser photo of my thigh plates and buy'ce with visor finally attached

this thigh has a slightly "ghosted" spider web pattern. anyway tomorrow night should see the first of the last few updates before i app all i need to do is some sewing and weapon shaping, finish up the paint and take pics i think, if i am missing anything let me know please

« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012, 10:15 AM by solus tion'ad dar cuy'ir » Logged

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad

Koza Teroch

• Wrap a taco in a enchilada: TWO POINTS!
Like this much! Great Legacy styled custom.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
ooo pretty ;D nice paint Vod

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
Your photos are gone.  :(

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
Cool.  I like it!  Keep it up!

Veman Gilamar

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Amazing paint job!!

thanks for the awesome words, vod'e. i have a question i have seen a few people on here with cards that look like baseball cards, and i was wondering where/who i need to contact to get a few made for me after i get finished with my 'gam, which should be very soon, i just have to find a new pair of gloves

>:( ok im very close to allcapsragequit on this flak vest, i have 3 separate needle sizes 4 different types of thread and ahve gone through nearly every stitch combination on my sewing machine, nothing i do solves the problem of my needle and thread slicing through my vinyl fabric like a lightsaber through a jetpack, does anyone have any ideas other than hire someone else to sew it together for me. maybe im just too focused and am missing something stupid, or maybe my sewing machine is possessed and hates me so its not going to cooperate, i have no clue but one more piece of fabric goes through that machine and comes out looking like separate halves of a toothless zipper and im gonna be pulling an office space on my sewing machine, please help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
Longer stitch length? Also, amongst the needles you've used, have you tried a leather needle?

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn
yep i got a size 14 leather needle this afternoon that was the last one i used. like i said im probably overlooking something so minor its ridiculous but its vexing me to no end

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
Did you try a longer stitch length? That would have the thread not pressing down as hard on the vinyl with each stitch. I assume you're testing on scrap before committing to the actual piece, too...

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn
yeah got the stitch length as long as it will go, when i wake up tomorrow im gonna take a look at the manual and rethread both the bobbin and main thread housings and check the tension and everythning with a fine tooth comb and try one more time

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
My Mom is an expert seamstress I'll ask her. What thickness vinyl and thread and needles do you have? Also what type of machine are you using? Maybe she'll have some ideas. just please don't kill your machine yet.lol   :D

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19
i have a brother xl-5130 machine and im using 90/14 leather needles right now it feels like 1mm vinyl but it could be 2-3 mm i dont know how the stuff is measured its about the same thickness as a pair of rubber gloves you would buy at walmart in the cleaning products aisle and im using all purpose thread i got from walmart

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was something stupidwhen i threaded my machine i missed the little hook inside the machine that pulls the thread tight during the stitch and it kept birds nesting underneath so i rethreaded the machine set the tension and made a perfect line across my scrap piece so today i start to sew up my flak vest

Nara Kebiitra

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
I gotta admit, when I saw the concept design, I wasn't sure you would be able to pull it off, or if it would look very Mando when finished, but seeing what you've done so far, I'm impressed and excited to see where this goes!  Well done!

The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q71/s720x720/1255213_219135351583184_778410875_n.jpg
thank you, im actually almost completely finshed with the vest i just had a design epiphany last night around 5 am and scrapped my original design i restarted the sewing this morning and hopefully tonight i can finish up the last few pieces

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
I talk to my mom and she said do not use a leather needle on vinyl because they have.blades that cut the material she uses a18 gauge upholstery needles she prefers schmetz brand if you can get them ill work a lot better in you come out with a lot better product. Also if the   presser foot sticks to the vinyl put tissue paper between.

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

my flak vest finally done singlehandedly the most mind numbing, anger-inducing piece of the entire suit, now its time to focus on my blades and assorted pieces of sheb-kickery

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!