Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

TK3181's DW Jetpack build

• 39 Replies

tk3181

• Awards TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: TK3181's DW Jetpack build
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2012, 01:53 PM »
You got templates

Not really, just a set of blue prints that I worked up from various sources.

Well, if you've been following my armor build, you will have picked up that my jet pack is completed. I took a day off from work and spent a solid 12 hours doing nothing but building this pack from my virgin pulls that I was less than happy with. Well, somebody was smiling down on me, because it really didn't turn out half bad. There were some serious bumps along the way, but I didn't sweat them, I just kept going. After all, VisionCon was not going to wait for me. Here are some pics of the process that I managed to squeeze in as I went. They are not really very good and as a result of my frantic pace, it's not even a fraction of the process, but hopefully it shows enough to see what in the world I did.  :D

and on the table at VisionCon between trooping shifts.  :D

Brandon L.

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2012, 01:56 PM »
are you going to be selling these please tell me you will do a run of them?

tk3181

• Awards TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2012, 02:00 PM »
I plan on it, I need to make a few changes to the mold so that it is a little easier to build though.

Brandon L.

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2012, 02:02 PM »
do you have a price set
so i can start saving?

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Legends of Mandalore Brigade Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2012, 02:40 PM »
Brilliant!

tk3181

« Reply #35 on: Feb 20, 2012, 04:03 PM »
do you have a price set
so i can start saving?

Not quite yet. I want to make sure that I include costs and materials to make it a reasonable build. I am honestly not trying to put you off, I just do not have a good number yet.

Brandon L.

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #36 on: Feb 20, 2012, 06:23 PM »
pretty nice ner'vod...    8)

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Adam.S

• Make your mark on society not in society
« Reply #37 on: Feb 21, 2012, 06:39 AM »
Your Jet pack looks very sweet. can wait to see how you price these in kit form.
Cheers

Bayani

• CC-4764
« Reply #38 on: Feb 21, 2012, 08:35 AM »
I really need this pack in order to get approved for a DW Grunt.  I wish you the best, and am anxiously awaiting when I'm able to pick one of these bad boys from you.  Awesome work bro!

tk3181

« Reply #39 on: Apr 09, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Sales thread for those who are interested.  :)
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=48943.0

...end shameless plug...

Brandon L.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!