Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Raven: 2nd kit Vanlande Tecin (the White)

• 11 Replies

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
The Raven: 2nd kit Vanlande Tecin (the White)
« on: Jun 29, 2013, 12:20 AM »
Mentioned this in the planning section so here it is, the start of Vanlande Tecin (the white).

Not bad for my first pep yeah?
The helmet of choice for the Tecin kit will be the Chronicler. This is a pep file I bought from Jakkrit Sri In, a 3D modeler. From what I understand, Skirata Arms also had a hand in the design.

More to come!

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: The Raven: 2nd kit Vanlande Tecin (the White)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2013, 07:27 AM »
Nice!

IG  -  @mandodrummer1
FB  -  https://www.facebook.com/mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
Band stuff FB - https://www.facebook.com/tommyfrenzyrules/

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2013, 03:36 AM »
Looks like you've done a pretty good job with that helmet for a first time peper :D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2013, 12:43 PM »
That's a great looking bucket ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2013, 11:04 PM »

Vode, I give you the first draft of Vanlande the White. Couple of things I wanted to note. first, the kit will be mostly a pearl white, for the sake of the drawing though, I made it off-white. The yellow is going to be the gold I have on my kit now. Second, I wanted to address that I got a bit of inspiration from the Kryptonian armor in "Man of Steel". I wonder if you can see it?

Finally, a bit of WHY it looks this way. Without going too far into the back story, the premise here is Vanlande as an older man. The speed of his youth behind him, the new kit is meant to protect his vital areas better.

So, what does everyone think?

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2013, 11:54 PM »
That's COOL!

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2013, 12:44 AM »
Sweet design!

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2013, 07:54 PM »
I really like the asymmetry of it. I would suggest having a plate on the other boot as well though just to keep it balanced.

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2013, 09:09 PM »
I really like the asymmetry of it. I would suggest having a plate on the other boot as well though just to keep it balanced.
I'm not sure what I want to do with the right side yet. Hence the blank-ness. I'm thinking a crush gaunt and maybe some layered boot armor. Still playing with ideas.

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2013, 01:26 AM »
Kinda looks like Hawk's armor from DA2

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2013, 08:56 PM »
Picked up some sintra so the hard parts will be under way soon!

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2013, 02:37 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some progress pics!

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!