Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Kit (Beginning V2)

• 208 Replies

Barbarossa Kad

• Keeper of the Boomstick
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
My Kit (Beginning V2)
« on: Jan 22, 2012, 01:02 AM »
Hi everybody I need sum help. I need to know if I got the templates the right size. Also I think I put the collar to low any advice would be a great help.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:22 PM by Barbarossa Kad » Logged
There is a method to my madness.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka

razor

Re: My first Kit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2012, 03:21 AM »
hello there, templates are the correct size ( i may be wrong) but collar needs to go up more as it has been said, kinda under your adam's apple also be sure to look around on here many mandos can help

Count up your sins

mando merc 803!

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:34 AM »
I feel like you'll get more comments if you put the pictures in the post, instead of posting a link.  People 'round here aren't link-chasers.

That said, other than the collar, it looks correct.

Barbarossa Kad

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:24 AM »
Yeah that's what I thought too, but all I have is internet on my phone and I havnt figured out how to post them from my phone without a link thanks for the help

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Everything needs to be moved up about an inch, and it might be just a tad bit wide, though it's hard to say from that small picture. On the good, the spacing looks just about perfect.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Gaan Iviin'yc

• "Never send a man to do a Mando's job."
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:37 PM »
I agree, that's wicked-good spacing.  ???

Skira par ru trattok'o,
Par verde ru ramaana!
Vercopa kote hodasala
Sa akaani, vode an!

Mandos don't ask for help; they just want a crowd watching. ;-)

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Thank you for posting the pic in here

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:20 AM »
Yeah sizing looks pretty good. I would definitely move the plates up a bit (something I got flagged for in my first app). My way of doing it is move the collar up untill the top-center is even with your clavicle. You should be good to ge then. Good job so far, vod!

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Well here is one of my ideas for my kit its a pilot mando. The left side would have the life support controls on it kinda built in. I was wondering if you had to have a cod piece in the brigades if your a pilot or if a loin cloth would do.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2012, 11:19 PM »
Very cool concept, vod!  I'll be watching this with interest!  *pops popcorn*

razor

« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2012, 04:43 AM »
*sits in lawn chair*  :)

Count up your sins

mando merc 803!

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2012, 04:31 AM »
About the codpiece.  I do believe, for a pilot, you can have cloth. But, I am not 100% sure. Anyway, it all looks great! I think, it's a tad bit to wide, but, that's me.

*asks Novoc if he could share the popcorn*

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2012, 05:52 PM »
You can always do a soft cod like the biker scouts have, that way you still have the cod plate, but you also have the mobility.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #13 on: Apr 16, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Well update time after sum experimenting I have decided to use pvc for my armor so here you go

Just got started shaping and to anyone useing a heat gun get sum welding gloves and leathers. It gets warm.

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: My Kit
« Reply #14 on: Apr 16, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Looks good! The spacing looks like it'll need to be widened a bit, but that could just be how you had to tape them up for pics. Same thing I had to do on my first kit :P Good job so far!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Looks good, But trim your collarplate to line up with the chestplates.  ;)

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2012, 11:24 AM »

Yuuuuuup ....  ;D 

The Size looks Good .  8)
But Keep your lines High & Tight BK .... Thumb width apart .

I know their only Taped to you but ....... you can put Tape on the Back of the plates .
Then We can see Size v.s. Placement v.s. Shape ... IMO

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Apr 17, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Yuuuuuup ....  ;D 

The Size looks Good .  8)
But Keep your lines High & Tight BK .... Thumb width apart .

I know their only Taped to you but ....... you can put Tape on the Back of the plates .
Then We can see Size v.s. Placement v.s. Shape ... IMO

What more can i add than Good start Vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Been fighting with the back plate today.

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #19 on: Apr 26, 2012, 11:07 PM »
Update time. I trimmed the collar piece and cleaned up the edges what do u guys think?

Jaro

« Reply #20 on: Apr 26, 2012, 11:09 PM »
Much better! Looks great :)

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2012, 11:11 PM »
costume making: you are doing it right =)

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Apr 27, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Looking good man! Looks like you won that fight with the back plate...  :P

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 2012, 11:21 AM »
costume making: you are doing it right =)

hahaha ..... where do you come up with this osik Lucas ....  :laugh:

Those plates look great ner'vod .... ner perfect shape .... IMO   ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Well I picked up some stuff for my next kit. Lol I know I need to finish this one first but I had the money and couldn't resist.
Its a one foot by two foot  sheet of 20 Ga marine grade aluminum for my first attempt and a four foot by four foot sheet of the same.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!