Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Morut's Gauntlets now completely finished (post #35) PIC HEAVY!!

• 40 Replies

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
So, this is the top half of my left gauntlet. Its going to be a data interface gauntlet, with a slot for me to slip my phone into for a screen (the wierd box in the pics), a key pad, a holocam, and a scomp. I would really appreciate it if you guys would chime with your comments, thought, opinions on this scomp.... does it look close enough, or do I need to re-think the whole thing? Keep in mind, there is some fine detail and a little bit of wiring I am going to add, I just dont want to waste my time doing it if its not even recognizable as a scomp.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Morut's Gauntlets started.. Opinions and Advice welcome!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2012, 12:57 PM »
I like it Vod ;D I personal don't think your scomp needs to be screen accurate as it could be a custom one that allows you to override and normal Scopm ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2012, 01:24 PM »
  Thanks Niabi, that means a lot!  :D I love the work you have done with your kit! :D

Deimos Ordo

• The Rebel Phoenix Rises...
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 The most special of operatives Accessorised is the award for the best non-weapon prop. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2012, 02:57 AM »
I like this concept, good show, the cell phone interface should be very cool

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
I have finished building the left Gauntlet and primed it.

Top view- Data pad, screen (cell phone), holoprojector
I am going to be making an animation for the screen, but until I do I have this radar animation playing on the screen

Inside view

Outside view- Scomp link

Bottom view

Back view- Hinged door for the phone

I have also started building the right gauntlet.

Top View with the bottom shell next to it- Blaster, Flamethrower sitting next to it

Inside view

Outside view- Flamethrower held in place

Front view- Flamethrower held in place

So, what do you guyus think?

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
SWEET as a Nut ! Simple, elegant and functional. Nice work mate  ;)

Blackbird

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Beastmaster Brigade Member
Very, very cool.
I especially love the left gauntlet.  You've hidden the cell phone beautifully, the holoprojector is a nice touch and it actually looks like a holoprojector, which is a plus!  It's all so clean and well made.  The compartment for the phone is just plain cool.
What kind of animation are you going to have on the phone?  I like the radar, to be honest.

^ Poorly worded comment.
11/3/11
Merc #531

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions.
These are looking great

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
Thanks vodes! I'm going to be making a display read- out in Mandoa. But tbh I kinda liked the radar as well... I was thinking about making an animation that switched between a radar and a read- out though.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Anything will look good on there mate ;)

p.s.  Vod - bro/sis,  Vode - brothers/sisters. Ner - My .

Nice work Ner'vod  ;D

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
Thanks Kel. Trying to learn the language... my head is having a hard time with it.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Thats as much as ive got mate  :laugh:

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions.
and Oya lol

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Dar'manda

how did you fill in the sides?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!