Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tweaking my Armor : II (a little image heavy) Update on pg. NOW 36 ! !

• 529 Replies

Uneek Top'El

• I am back from the dead !!
Thanks brother !! ;D

MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Looking awesoooooooooome as always  ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Looking awesoooooooooome as always  ;)

thanks Mate ! !   ;D

More upgrades Coming So keep Watching !   !      ;) 8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
thanks Mate ! !   ;D
More upgrades Coming So keep Watching !   !      ;) 8)

First page has been updated with Build links ;

New paint and gilding ....  8)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
 8)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Uneek Top'El

where did you get your vest and flightsuit from?? or did you make them too?  8)

ConDar Ward

8)

Sorry I already posted those ... the gold isn't on there ..  :'(

I'll have to find the New ones ... :rolleyes:

My flight Suit is M.o.W. .... Man of War ...  ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Boba-Fett-Costume-Prop-Flight-Suit-S-M-L-/261936867210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cfca7678a

Uneek Top'El

nice !! thanks!! messaged them to see if they make custom larger sizes

ConDar Ward

nice !! thanks!! messaged them to see if they make custom larger sizes

Christian is a Great Guy to work with ... however it's a Contracted Company who Makes the Softs , so all you can Do is ask ..  ;)

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ __________
Update :

New Blaster to Make Kit Approval

The W.A. P-40 Concussion pistol  ...

Next is the holster ..   ;) (Started that tonight)

Update :

(Images removed to keep thread short)

[/quote]

Dude, That is one sweet pistol. Will you be offering a version of it for sale?

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

ConDar Ward

Update :

(Images removed to keep thread short)

Dude, That is one sweet pistol. Will you be offering a version of it for sale?

Thanks For the Complements ...  ;D

:rolleyes: I didn't plan on it , but I do commissions all the Time so I don't See Why
I could build more ... I would Recommend Contacting me through PM ..  :rolleyes:

I'm building the Other Sidearm today ... The holsters are Coming Together as Well ..
 A Mandalorian Needs To have options ... ;D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
sweet pistol Vod ;)

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
Yeah, that pistol looks brilliant!

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

ConDar Ward

sweet pistol Vod ;)

Thanks Ori'vod ...  ;D

Yeah, that pistol looks brilliant!

Thank you most Kindly ..  :D

_________________________________________________ ____________________________

Sorry this Holster update is so late ...  :-\

anyhow .. I started buy finding a Few images of what I wanted , then I made a Template and
copied it onto some 3mm Sintra ..

Then it's time to Breakout the Heat Gun and get to Heating and folding ... Now to make the Edges more precise
 I simply cut out a rough form that I traced onto some Scraps .... I had to Stack them up to get the Right Height ..

After I was Happy with the Tab alignment I Wrapped it With Rubber bands and Heated it on the Inside and placed the blaster in
it to mold the Holster to the Shape I wanted ...

After it Cooled I took the Rubber bands off and applied 2 Step PVC Cement (Primer & Glue) then Re Wrapped it with the Rubber bands ...

I let the Holster Dry For a Day , then to Reinforce the Joints I applied some Aluminum Tape then painted it White .. This probably Wasn't Necessary but I didn't Want it To Ever Come apart so better Safe than sorry ...

Then it was Just Heating and Folding the Belt loop out of the Extra Material I allowed for at the Top ... I also added a leather
strap for Securing the Blaster and put a snap on it got good measure ...  ;)  (sorry no pics of that process... :-X)

I'm pleased With How it Turned out and Trooped it a Few Days later .... I will add some Weathering as I go , but it gets
pretty beat up on its own so I'll just keep adding to the Damage as it Comes along ...

As always Thanks For looking ....  8)

Uneek Top'El

Dats sooo nice !! 8)

ConDar Ward

Dats sooo nice !! 8)

Thanks Chief !    ;D

Your getting Ready to loose that Retired classification soon I see ....   ;)

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Slick work Condar, that holster is snazzy!

ConDar Ward

Slick work Condar, that holster is snazzy!

Thank you most kindly ner'vod ... only 2 more to make .. ;D

ConDar Ward

Yes I know it's been a while since I've posted any updates on my kit but not a lot has changed in the last few years ...  :rolleyes:

But now with Celebration Orlando just around the corner I thought I had better start some much needed repairs and upgrades.

Sorry  I don't have pics of my flight suit right now to show , but I've added gussets to the back , shoulders and forearms to give more range of movement.

I have trimmed my Collar neckline deeper to also give more comfort on long troops. I've been planning this for a few years but just forgot frankly until
 I put it on again and then just am too worn out to do it after Cons or troops .. so finally it's done ...  ;)

I figured while I was doing the collar I'd add my  Ori'ramikad insignia to the diamond as well .. so that's Done .. ;D

Then I decided it was time to upgrade my Blaster rifle for the big troop so I finished up a Scratch build I've had sitting on the wall for a year or so
for myself with a paint job to match my kit specifically ...   8)

As always thanks for looking and I look forward to meeting all my Brothers and Sisters in Orlando OYA MMCC ! ! ! !

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Sweet  8)  8)  8)

Nice looking upgrades you've got there Condar! And I feel you man on making some of those adjustments, I've often put off doing some things like that after troops for the same reasons lol....

ConDar Ward

Sweet  8)  8)  8)

Nice looking upgrades you've got there Condar! And I feel you man on making some of those adjustments, I've often put off doing some things like that after troops for the same reasons lol....

Thanks Vhett ...  ;)

I just plain forget until I put it back on , then in a Few Hrs I'm like " Arrrg I gotta fix this Collar ! !  "   :o >:(

So I made a list of stuff to mod or repair before Celebration .. without a list I'm lost ... lol  :laugh:

I love the way you painted the gun.

ConDar Ward

I love the way you painted the gun.

thanks ... it worked out well considering it's mostly wood ...   ;)

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2017, 11:46 AM by ConDar Ward » Logged

wow, your like the Michelangelo of making guns,wish I had the tools to work on weapons like that.

ConDar Ward

wow, your like the Michelangelo of making guns,wish I had the tools to work on weapons like that.

I use mostly common Hand tools : rasps , files , sandpaper , Dremel's .. etc ...  Nothing real spectacular ...   :rolleyes: ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!